Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Thank you Kardify facebook.
Like what I see so far.

Kardify.com

7 hrs

Eleventh Pier #playingcards by @damonsmith1. Hand drawn, fully custom deck of cards with nautical theme.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:40:44 PM by Rob Wright »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: Eleventh Pier
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:44 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I like what I see too, I'm interested. :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:03:54 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I googled Eleventh Pier- got nothing but this image. Slide Box? Edge design of tuck looks a little like a match box. Interesting!

edit-Found additional info:Looks like they are for sale here

54 Individually Designed Playing cards, which were sold at this years Pick me up festival in London. They are all hand drawn in graphite and then digitally enhanced and composed, each one different from the rest. There is a different theme for each of 4 suits, Boats, Nautical items, Balloons and Sea-life. The face cars when put together spell out Eleventh Pier as shown in the framed Version of the cards. The Cards are all housed in a 'Match Box' Style case.

Digitally printed on a uncoated /unlaminated Paper.

For an enquiry on a Framed version & international shipping please contact.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:24:06 AM by Rob Wright »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 03:15:25 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
The tuck is really interesting.
This is definitely an "art" deck and while it is ok, i guess? I do like how the framed version looks especially how he "curves" the letterings. If only the number cards can integrate with the whole framed version a little more, then it would look much better.

Still 15pounds a deck is rather high for me personally. I did ask him on the pricing of the framed version. Will update when he replies.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 05:02:09 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
That box is pretty sharp, I really like it. At the same time, yikes, that price is steep I really don't like that. Somewhere around $25 a deck without shipping is just past the end of my acceptable range at the moment. I do like the deck though, sans the Eleventh pier spelled out with the courts.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 05:47:07 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
I usually say at a time like this wow, each card has been customized, but at $35.90 (with shipping) I may have to pass. The deck in the frame is really cool though. I wonder who/what/where is printing this?

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I really like these. I
Had asked him their size, concerned that they were printed and cut to fit a standard match box but he said they are slightly larger than poker size at 6.8cm across. I think worth the money from an artists perspective.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:29 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I can't think of anything that's called the eleventh pier over here in the UK. Maybe something to do with London Bridge Pier?!

Anyway, I like these :) I like how he's used fishermans friend (or in this case fisherman's mate) as the 3 of hearts.
For those that don't know, fisherman's friend are lozenges and are very popular in the UK.
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 02:34:21 PM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
They won't ship these cards to the US.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
Digitally printed on a uncoated /unlaminated Paper.

I usually say at a time like this wow, each card has been customized, but at $35.90 (with shipping) I may have to pass.

They won't ship these cards to the US.

Given the first 2 points, I'm almost glad of the 3rd because I would have to struggle with myself to justify it otherwise or be angry that I can't get it.  It's cool, but given apparent quality and price, doubt I would even if I could.

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 01:17:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

For those that don't know, fisherman's friend are lozenges and are very popular in the UK.

They're sold here as well, though they're not as popular.  Ricola is probably a leading brand here because of all the distinctive TV advertising they've done.  I might have seen a TV ad for FF once or twice, but that's it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 02:25:04 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

They're sold here as well, though they're not as popular.  Ricola is probably a leading brand here because of all the distinctive TV advertising they've done.  I might have seen a TV ad for FF once or twice, but that's it.

Fishermans friends are the best lozenges I've ever had my hands on. I keep a stock of the things just in case they dry up and vanish here. I know one guy who uses them like a candy haha. A bit intense for me to do that, but at the slightest hint of an allergy induced cough, I pop in a Fishermans friend.

Oddly enough I've never seen an ad on the idiot box for Fishermans friend lozenges. Not a big fan of Ricola, they actually do remind me of vintage style candy and breathe perfume. Just not as good as say a Sen Sen for example. Mmmm Sen Sen. . .  :P My Sen Sen stock is incredibly low one and a half packets are all I have left. :(

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 02:48:42 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Fishermans friends are the best lozenges I've ever had my hands on. I keep a stock of the things just in case they dry up and vanish here. I know one guy who uses them like a candy haha. A bit intense for me to do that, but at the slightest hint of an allergy induced cough, I pop in a Fishermans friend.

Oddly enough I've never seen an ad on the idiot box for Fishermans friend lozenges. Not a big fan of Ricola, they actually do remind me of vintage style candy and breathe perfume. Just not as good as say a Sen Sen for example. Mmmm Sen Sen. . .  :P My Sen Sen stock is incredibly low one and a half packets are all I have left. :(

There's a few candy stores online that specialize in vintage candies that are still in production, sometimes even finding manufacturers that are willing to reproduce the old candies.

I still occasionally find Choward's Violet gum and candies here in New York.  It really tastes like violets smell!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
"Digitally printed on uncoated/unlaminated stock" kind of sounds like inkjet on cardstock paper to me. That would be a steep price point if that's what it is (And yes, I know that it's something more advanced than someone printing it on a home printer). The "matchbox" case idea is intriguing though.

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 05:01:50 AM »

ivan

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Wow..! You guys are incredible!

The Eleventh Pier Playing Cards was created for a graphic design festival in London earlier this year. So yup, it is definitely an Art deck... it does feels like it is printed on a card stock paper and assembled by hand. I love the idea of this unique deck and bought it off Damon's website.

If you want it shipped overseas, you may have to use the 'contact us' form and let him know. :) Hope that helps.

Recent Post:
+ Designers: Realising the Vision with Lotrek of Venexiana Playing Cards fb.me/6AdE6sqej
+ Analytics: Project by Numbers- Federal 52 Pt II http://fb.me/2OyvCJgXU
+ Kickstarter: 7 Questions with Lorenzo Gaggiotti of Requiem Playing Cards http://fb.me/WKgT2S0e