Porper Clips

Author (Read 4988 times)

Porper Clips
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
So I ordered two Porper clips from E and they arrived the were just the normal black ones. Well the one that had a sticker that said ghost card clip on it fits most of my decks. but the other one won't fit any of them. do I have to break it in or something?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:12:52 PM by alex. »

Re: Proper Clips
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 03:58:13 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
So I ordered two Proper clips from E and they arrived the were just the normal black ones. Well the one that had a sticker that said ghost card clip on it fits most of my decks. but the other one won't fit any of them. do I have to break it in or something?

Most E decks are slightly thicker, which will make it not fit in the clip.

P.S. It's a PORPER clip, not proper.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:04:10 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
The one with the Ghost Deck sticker on it is an Ellusionist sized Porper clip.  Did you purchase two different sized clips? 

The  E Sized one was designed to fit decks like Masters, Black Tiger, Ghost, etc.  The other one was designed for standard bikes.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 04:10:14 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Ik, the normal bike won't fit in the other porper clip not the E one. My E decks fit in the E clip but the bikes won't fit in the normal clip.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
Hmm...

Have you tried taking the Ad Cards / Jokers out?
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

Re: Porper Clips
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:26 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Haven't tried to take the jokers out yet.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 12:46:19 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
did u purchase the "M" frame porper or the classic clip from DnD.

Some time ago i purchased the classic clip from DnD and had the same problem. you have to break in your clip much like a deck. start without the jokers and later after the clip is a bit looser you can put the jokers back in.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 01:29:07 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
did u purchase the "M" frame porper or the classic clip from DnD.

Some time ago i purchased the classic clip from DnD and had the same problem. you have to break in your clip much like a deck. start without the jokers and later after the clip is a bit looser you can put the jokers back in.
I purchased the Joe Porper Clip from Ellusionist.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 03:41:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Ellusionist sells BOTH sizes, standard and for E-sized decks.  I always had a hard time getting E-sized decks into my E Porper clip.  Removing the ad cards helped, but it was still tight.  Now I just use it for a Split Spades stripper deck.  Whole thing fits.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 04:32:46 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
E sell 2 kind of porper with the same design one is for normal deck that is the regular size for normal bicycle playing cards but E deck are 6% thicker i think so you have to buy the porper card clip that is specialy design for E deck which cost the same amount.. so my advice is buy larger porper card clip and for normal bicycle deck you wish to buy in the porper you just dun take out the jokers and extra cards and it should fit.. hope i help  PEACE OUT lol !!

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 02:39:20 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I have both ok the E deck and clip fits perfect I'm talking about the Normal deck I keep saying this. but I put the deck in there and forced it and now it won't come back out!!! I'm alking about the Normal Clip with a Normal Bike deck ok not any sort of E thing here.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 07:27:55 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
you will have to start out without the jokers like people have been saying until the clip loosens a bit.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 08:41:15 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
you will have to start out without the jokers like people have been saying until the clip loosens a bit.
I'd do that but right now the deck I forced in it is stuck like it won't budge at alll i've tried my hardest and my dad.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
u might have to sacrifice the box of whatever deck you have in the clip at the moment. instead of trying to pull it straight out try to just rotate out one part of the box. it might ruin the box but better a torn box than a worthless clip

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
u might have to sacrifice the box of whatever deck you have in the clip at the moment. instead of trying to pull it straight out try to just rotate out one part of the box. it might ruin the box but better a torn box than a worthless clip
Ik but it's my fuchsia deck not just a normal bike.

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 11:36:35 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
ya that sucks!! well its either have a clip with a deck stuck in it, a double negative. Ruin the clip by bending it apart to get the deck out; saving the cards. Or risk slightly tearing the box.

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Yeah I guess.

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 12:06:05 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
lol a have a spoil guardian zodiac and v5 becasue of card clip .. for me i will pull the deck from the bottom making the bottom part come out then slowly put from the top then the whole might prevent damage if not can reduce damage that what i did when i bought a fake arcae porper

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 12:59:34 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yah, same to me, I got the regular clip, and put my Centurions in it, and now, I have busted the box up 5%.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 01:57:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Clips are great for protecting cards, but Porper clips are not so great for protecting deck boxes.  Even with E's steel customized deck clips, I found I had to remove ad cards to make the new White Arcanes fit - I guess Performance Coating is thicker than the old finish.

To remove the stuck deck, gently try to pull out and down from the top or up and out from the bottom.  If that fails, see if you have enough wiggle room between the deck and the spine of the clip to wedge in a precision screwdriver and use it like a pry bar to extract the box and cards.

For the future, don't use deck clips for rare and hard-to-find decks that you want to preserve.  I only use them for stuff that I have in multiples and isn't rare, like Bike Masters, plain Bikes, DBlaine magic decks, Arcanes, USPC Guardians and the like.  For your better decks, buy one of those deck boxes that flip open and have a lid.  Some of those come equipped with a belt loop or clip to attach to you without taking up pocket space.  Most old-school magic shops sell them, such as Tannen's, from which you can order online as well as buy in person at the Manhattan shop.

Good luck and may the gods of magic protect your Fuschias.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:05:05 AM by Good@Sabacc »

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 02:10:50 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Ok thanks for the advice, and lol. My E clip I love the decks I put in there don't come out wiht any damage at all.

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 03:01:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Carry around your decks everywhere like I do and you'll start seeing the damage accumulate - though it wouldn't be nearly as bad if you used no protection at all.

Anything that applies pressure to the cards will eventually take its toll on the box, which wasn't meant to be squished.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:02:00 AM by Good@Sabacc »

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
over time you will start to notice the flip arch being indented into the back of the box from the pressure of the clip

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Since these is at a porper card clip so i guess mine wont be out of topic.. does anyone has arcane porper card clip and if you have when you put them in and take them out does it damage the box ?? mine happen to damage the box

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
is it the stainless steel clip? you have to sand down those edges if so

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 12:46:09 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
no T.T it is the arcane porper

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 03:21:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Never tried the Arcane Porper, just the stainless one.

Try the advice above:  try removing at least the ad cards and maybe the jokers as well, give the clip a chance to get broken in a little and gradually add cards until it springs out a little more, enough to allow the full deck to fit.  A little work with some tools might help stretch it a bit, but you also could risk breaking the clip if you aren't careful and there's also the chance of stretching it too much so it stops holding a deck at all.

Porper clips are meant to give you a firm grasp on the cards, to literally flatten them in a manner similar to a deck press.  Great for the cards, not so great for the box.

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 05:02:03 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
So do you guys think it worth the heavy price tag? I been planning to get one but after all these comment I may have to think again :-X
Check out my channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanDebozioSong?feature=mhee

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 05:06:43 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
So do you guys think it worth the heavy price tag? I been planning to get one but after all these comment I may have to think again :-X
i think it worth it .. coz i bought mine from a ebay seller but if you buy directly from E maybe will be later .. act i was going to buy the black crown porper but it got sold out .. i recommand buying the blue crown one since has a different colour and a crown logo

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 05:46:01 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
Nah, I should be getting it from magic castle , Too lazy to get anything on the internet.
Check out my channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanDebozioSong?feature=mhee

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
I have an Ellusionist Arcane Stainless Clip, a black E-Sized porper clip, and the Gun Metal Arcane porper clip.  I use the Arcane one the most because it's amazing, but as far as functionality is concerned, the black porper clip is the best.  If you are careful taking the cards in and out of the clip, the Arcane Porper will not do any more or less damage to your cards than the regular one, just hit the inside with some sandpaper real quick.  It makes sure there are no sharp edges under the Ace cutout that will damage your box.

The Porper clips are magnificent at keeping a deck in good condition, the deck box however, will suffer damage over time.  This is just a fact of life.  Nothing lasts forever, but the Porper clips will extend the life of your cards.

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 07:59:22 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The Porper clips are magnificent at keeping a deck in good condition, the deck box however, will suffer damage over time.  This is just a fact of life.  Nothing lasts forever, but the Porper clips will extend the life of your cards.
That is exactly the perfect sentence that summarizes the clip. It's tough for me to decide to take that risk. I put two decks in twice, and I couldn't really get them out.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 12:39:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That is exactly the perfect sentence that summarizes the clip. It's tough for me to decide to take that risk. I put two decks in twice, and I couldn't really get them out.

Perhaps a standard flat deck clip would be better for you?  They're easier to deal with, though they don't press the cards like a Porper will.  If you want to flatten your cards, just buy a deck press, or lay out your cards in even stacks under some heavy books.