You are Here:
Hovercards

Author (Read 506 times)

Hovercards
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Hey guys,

Was trying to repair my old hovercard gimmick but it doesn't work properly now - it's lost tension so it just floats downwards and then sags a bit. I was trying to find some more gimmicks for standard bicycle decks (I have one for a ghost deck which is still fine at the moment). Looked all around the web and can only find Jumbo versions.

If you can only find it locally, I'd be willing to pay you to buy a couple and ship them off  8)

Cheers all  :D

QUICK UPDATE: Found some from taiwan sellers on eBay, but I have no control over the colours. They're $9 each so maybe if I buy 4 I can get an even split between red and blue backs  :D Still would like to see if anyone knows of any other alternatives.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:51:34 PM by agera94 »
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

Re: Hovercards
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:15:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey guys,

Was trying to repair my old hovercard gimmick but it doesn't work properly now - it's lost tension so it just floats downwards and then sags a bit. I was trying to find some more gimmicks for standard bicycle decks (I have one for a ghost deck which is still fine at the moment). Looked all around the web and can only find Jumbo versions.

If you can only find it locally, I'd be willing to pay you to buy a couple and ship them off  8)

Cheers all  :D

QUICK UPDATE: Found some from taiwan sellers on eBay, but I have no control over the colours. They're $9 each so maybe if I buy 4 I can get an even split between red and blue backs  :D Still would like to see if anyone knows of any other alternatives.

I have a few Hovercards myself - nice gimmicks.  I often combine them with a Rising Card deck.  Once I learn Hummingbird Card, I'll have a three-trick set of flying magic in a single pack!

It appears the Ellusionist stopped carrying both the trick and the gimmick - which is a shame, because it's a really cool and easy-to-perform miracle.  Have you checked out the website of the magician who invented it?  Have you tried contacting Ellusionist customer service to see if maybe they have a few lying around in the back somewhere that someone forgot about?

Alternatives?  Make your own!  You understand how the trick works and what it's made of.  Use that knowledge.  The materials all together couldn't possible cost more than about $5-$10.

Be wary of some of the Asian sellers on eBay - there's been a good deal of counterfeit merchandise coming from a few of them.  There's a counterfeit version of the Ultragaff deck going around - inferior quality and the tuck has misspellings on it.  Not saying they're all bad, but simply to be cautious.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:16:17 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/