You are Here:
David Blaine Special

Author (Read 6655 times)

Re: David Blaine Special
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
In case anyone in the UK hasn't watched this online yet, it'll be airing on Channel 4 on New Years Day at 9pm GMT
Wouldn't be surprised if that airtime was influenced by White's special that aired on Christmas day.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »

AtomSmash

• True Member
  • ಠ_ಠ
I want to see this but Sherlock's on at the same time  :(

Guess I'l have to wait until it goes on 4oD.
...but that's just my opinion.

ಠ_ಠ CARDS ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
I thought the new Blaine special was fantastic. I liked everything, but my favorite piece was the 'Card on Ceiling' with Ricky Gervais. It was whimsical, felt impromptu, and had a real magical quality to it. Overall, the special made me proud to be a magician.

The trick he does with Jamie foxx n the smiths where he touches ones shoulder and the other feels it was a trick done by Tom wright. I think it's on his Chill video. I saw him at a lecture where he performed that, it's great to see Blaine using it.

While Mr. Wright may have used this on his video, it's actually by a guy named Banachek (Steve Shaw). The routine is called Psychokinetic Touches, and as you've seen, it's a brilliant piece of theater.

I suggest anyone interested in that piece (or mentalism in general) check out all of Banachek's work. He's one of the best!

Hope that helps.

Lee Asher

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 04:04:30 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I thought the new Blaine special was fantastic. I liked everything, but my favorite piece was the 'Card on Ceiling' with Ricky Gervais. It was whimsical, felt impromptu, and had a real magical quality to it. Overall, the special made me proud to be a magician.

The trick he does with Jamie foxx n the smiths where he touches ones shoulder and the other feels it was a trick done by Tom wright. I think it's on his Chill video. I saw him at a lecture where he performed that, it's great to see Blaine using it.

While Mr. Wright may have used this on his video, it's actually by a guy named Banachek (Steve Shaw). The routine is called Psychokinetic Touches, and as you've seen, it's a brilliant piece of theater.

I suggest anyone interested in that piece (or mentalism in general) check out all of Banachek's work. He's one of the best!

Hope that helps.

Lee Asher

That's interesting - Banachek, at least on TV, is on Criss Angel's creative team now!  "Criss Angel - Believe" is the show.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 04:31:18 PM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
That's interesting - Banachek, at least on TV, is on Criss Angel's creative team now!  "Criss Angel - Believe" is the show.

Yes, he's been a consultant for Criss since the beginning. However, Banachek has been around for a long time. You might remember him from Project Alpha?

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 06:19:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Yes, he's been a consultant for Criss since the beginning. However, Banachek has been around for a long time. You might remember him from Project Alpha?

I actually remember the name going back into the 1970s, as a child.  I'd heard of him, had no idea of what he did.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
Here's the clip I have of Banacheck in the Magic Video Blog. He's a bad-ass!