Author (Read 1604 times)

Good Parlour Tricks
« on: February 24, 2012, 01:24:45 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hey guys,
I am doing a show in about a mounth for my grandmas birthday. I was wondering if you guys could suggest any good tricks to do for about 15-25 people. I am looking to buy about 3 tricks. Also if possible could you give me a link of where to buy it.

Thanks
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Re: Good Parlour Tricks
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:50:41 AM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If they're pretty cool, try geek magic like Wayne Houchin's thread, rising voodoo doll, etc. You'll knock 'em all dead (Not literally I hope...)  :P

But if you want a pretty mellowed down presentation, it's up to you if you feel like doing table magic, close-up, or stage. So what's the plan?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:53:35 AM by kensei777 »
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
What kind of magic would you like to do? Coin, card, stage, close-up? Because you could do some quick killer effects like Thread by Wayne Houchin, Pressure, Vertigo... How long do you want it to be?

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:01:34 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I will be in front of about 18 people in a garage. I don`t need anymore card tricks, I am looking for more big playing tricks like the "main trick" of the show. I can spend anout $70-$100.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
u shud try helder guimaraes sympathetic 13 even though its a card trick its a hell of a kicker at the end

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
I reccomend you do a chop cup routine with a crazy finally. They're pretty inexpensive too
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 03:17:18 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
thanks for all the suggestions guys I am deciding what I want to buy.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 04:41:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'd suggest trying some high-impact mentalism - amazing without the "giving someone a heart attack" effect of some other tricks!  Rich Ferguson made "This Is Mentalism" and "This Is Mentalism 2" with Ellusionist, on sale now.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I'd suggest trying some high-impact mentalism - amazing without the "giving someone a heart attack" effect of some other tricks!  Rich Ferguson made "This Is Mentalism" and "This Is Mentalism 2" with Ellusionist, on sale now.
Those look sweet. They are also download so I get it fast. What one should I get #1 or 2?

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Those look sweet. They are also download so I get it fast. What one should I get #1 or 2?
I have both of them and personally, I would say that you should get the 2. IMO, the first one is only a bunch of tricks that the spectators can easily figure out. I But if you've never done a single mentalism trick in your life, starting on "This is Mentalism #2" rihgt away may be a bit tough. You can get the bundle with both for a discounted price if you'd like!

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 11:54:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I have both of them and personally, I would say that you should get the 2. IMO, the first one is only a bunch of tricks that the spectators can easily figure out. I But if you've never done a single mentalism trick in your life, starting on "This is Mentalism #2" rihgt away may be a bit tough. You can get the bundle with both for a discounted price if you'd like!

Are the tricks from TIM#1 that easy that a lay audience of senior citizens would catch on?  How easy to suss are we talking here?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 11:30:23 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Are the tricks from TIM#1 that easy that a lay audience of senior citizens would catch on?  How easy to suss are we talking here?
I was unclear, sorry about that. I think they are easy enough for a tough guy or smart guy to figure them out. However, they probably aren't easy enough for "senior citizens to catch on" (unless they are named Einstein). But they won't get amazing reactions for the most part. JMO