You are Here:
Dan and Dave or theory11?

Author (Read 1822 times)

Dan and Dave or theory11?
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:05:05 PM »

awesomeness12

• Forum Regular
I'm really starting to get into flourishing. There's 2 DVDs that Im thinking about getting-Genesis and The flourishing DVD from the trilogy by Dan and Dave . What are your opinions on these and which one is better? Would you guys recommend these?
Most Recently Added: Variety Box v4
Decks I'm looking for: Black Crowns, Smoke and Mirrors v5, Centurions, Sentinels.

Re: Dan and Dave or theory11?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:25:33 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
For me, it depends on what skill level you are at. Genesis teaches very basic and beginner material, while the Trilogy is more an advanced DVD. Teaching wise, I believe Genesis teaches better than the Trilogy. Genesis teaches over the shoulder with Andrei narrating. While in the Trilogy, D&D teaches from a face-to-face point of view and they do not speak at all, there's only subtitles. Good luck on your decision anyway. Hope that helped!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:59:10 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Genesis teaches far better than the Trilogy, but the moves are simpler (for the most part). Genesis was my first DVD and a lot of what I know is from that.

Still, the Trilogy offers some stuff that Genesis was lacking. If you're looking to learn some fans, none of those are in Genesis except a terrible tutorial for the Flower Fan and a few variations on thumb fans and the like. The Trilogy teaches the basic fans, like the Pressure Fan and the Carnahan Fan.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:14 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
if you are a starter defintely go for genesis since it teaches more of basic moves .. but if you are quite good at flourshing go for trilogy

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
Genesis teaches far better than the Trilogy, but the moves are simpler (for the most part). Genesis was my first DVD and a lot of what I know is from that.

Still, the Trilogy offers some stuff that Genesis was lacking. If you're looking to learn some fans, none of those are in Genesis except a terrible tutorial for the Flower Fan and a few variations on thumb fans and the like. The Trilogy teaches the basic fans, like the Pressure Fan and the Carnahan Fan.

actually ive been wondering for quite a while alex but never got around to asking. did u used to mainly flourish or do magic? why did u get into cards?

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Genesis 1 is more for beginners and lower intermediates. Trilogy is really hard to learn if you are a beginner.
I tried Trilogy and it didn't work out well

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 03:53:27 PM »

Overflight

• Twitter:
I'm going though Genesis myself. Pretty great stuff. I watched a little bit of The Trilogy and went back to Genesis since it actually EXPLAINS things. I'll probably go back once I get better though.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 02:06:45 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Trilogy is somewhat advanced and won't be easy at all for a beginner. Also, trilogy has no sound... just music.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 04:14:05 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I just got Genesis yesterday and watch some of it, the explanations are great and in-depth and there's a good amount of moves to keep you going for a while, definitely worth checking out. I'll be practicing some of the moves in the next few days. Andrei also explains a few important concepts of cardistry, which I found to be a really nice touch.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:15:17 AM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I just got Genesis yesterday and watch some of it, the explanations are great and in-depth and there's a good amount of moves to keep you going for a while, definitely worth checking out. I'll be practicing some of the moves in the next few days. Andrei also explains a few important concepts of cardistry, which I found to be a really nice touch.

Yes! That's why I appreciate theory11 far better than D&D, as far as teaching methods go. I learned many things from Genesis easily, whereas from the Trilogy, I could barely learn much at all. The only advice provided in the Trilogy are captions as to where to place your fingers and where to place each packet. If I were searching to a great cardistry DVD, I'd completely go for Genesis. If v1 is too easy for you, pick up v2, it will be worth your while.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605