Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks to everyone that supported my little project. Tendril is officially printed and will be in my hands (and all of yours) very soon. Awesomely quick turnaround from USPCC on this one!

http://encarded.com/index.php?id=19

Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

Re: Tendril - It's Official
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
AWESOME!! This has to be the fastest printed deck of the Kickstarter decks I have backed :) :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:52:38 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Congrats on them being printed! From what I can see, it looks great! These got printed fast and hopefully it won't be too long before we all have them in our hands  :D

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Wow, If you send these out soon you will finally give me faith in kickstarter

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Congrats, that was indeed very fast.

I wonder if USPCC lets the custom projects build up for a bit then does them all at the same time.  Then they switch back to pumping out the 808's and other standard decks.  It would make sense financially to do that.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
That was incredibly fast printing. Again congrats on the funding and now congrats on the printing. Can't wait for Aurum :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Good job to the to Encarded and the USPC for pumping these out nice and fast so we can get them in our hands soon. Can't wait :)
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Congrats, that was indeed very fast.

I wonder if USPCC lets the custom projects build up for a bit then does them all at the same time.  Then they switch back to pumping out the 808's and other standard decks.  It would make sense financially to do that.

I wondered that too. I know that the spectrum deck got printed yesterday, so it could very well be that I got lucky with my timing. We'll see what happens next time. :)
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
My cards were finished a week ago, they are being shipped out today or tomorrow.  I know mine was delayed due to the legal issue with the logo (after it was approved), but mine has seriously taken way too long to come out.  They must do them in batches, that's the only way it makes sense in my head.

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Wow, If you send these out soon you will finally give me faith in kickstarter

I second this.. I too have lost faith in the whole kickstarter thing and to get this deck soon might rekindle that faith.

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 09:30:07 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That will be my new tagline "Encarded: single-handedly putting faith back into Kickstarter."

:)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That will be my new tagline "Encarded: single-handedly putting faith back into Kickstarter."

What a frightening thought!  :))

Looking forward to getting mine, I know that.  There's a lot of customs getting done all at once so there may be something to that thought.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 07:42:08 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
The printing is super fast .. hope to get my hand on the deck asap ,glad that i pledged for the deck :D

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:39 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
The timing shows that uspcc does indeed print in batches. Apparently that timing lines up for this deck, which is great. But this should also open our eyes a little bit and allow us to have a little more understanding for the other decks who have waited for seems like an eternity for printing...this is seeking to fall on uspcc and no the actual deck company.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The timing shows that uspcc does indeed print in batches. Apparently that timing lines up for this deck, which is great. But this should also open our eyes a little bit and allow us to have a little more understanding for the other decks who have waited for seems like an eternity for printing...this is seeking to fall on uspcc and no the actual deck company.

We've know that one for a looong time!  They schedule according to what's convenient for them.  What business with the power to do so wouldn't?

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Some details on the timeline of how I'm planning to get Tendril out to you all.

http://encarded.com/index.php?id=20
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Thank you for the update and be upfront with what you are doing so that we can know what to expect. Pretty standup thing to do.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Congrats on the printing! An awesome deck deserves a fast print. :D (Not that the other decks that took time to print weren't good).

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
My cards were finished a week ago, they are being shipped out today or tomorrow.  I know mine was delayed due to the legal issue with the logo (after it was approved), but mine has seriously taken way too long to come out.  They must do them in batches, that's the only way it makes sense in my head.

Delays are inevitable, but mine took about 1.5 months from contract signing to being printed to completion. I encountered tons of other delays including design issues, and right now I am still waiting on a portion of my shipment to arrive from them. It seems like it's all about luck with the USPC. My order was delayed due to various issues by about three months. I know Lance's was delayed by what, almost a year? Yours has been delayed for what looks like five months now.

Paul, and the other designers at the moment, probably just got lucky in their timing since very few decks are being printed right now. We had 1-2 new decks every week in November-February. Now it's like one or two new decks a month.

Anyway, congrats Paul! Receiving the cards will be a bittersweet moment for you. Filling your home with all that stuff will make you sad, but seeing your work in person will make you quite happy I'd imagine.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Maybe change it into something like this:
 "Encarded: single-handedly putting faith back into Kickstarter Custom deck projects."

So that its a bit more Specific. :P LoL!

Anyway, A huge Congrats to you guys! Lucky that the Tendril is going to be printed out sooner than expected.
I really am so stoked on getting these. :P

CHEERS!!!

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got the shipping confirmation today for my 8 Tendril printing plates and will have those on Tuesday. :) I'll be sure to share some pictures once I get them and then I'll have to decide what precisely I want to do with them. 2 are going to be framed in my office but the others....
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
too funny, same for me!  2 emails one for plates one for cards!

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I got the shipping confirmation today for my 8 Tendril printing plates and will have those on Tuesday. :) I'll be sure to share some pictures once I get them and then I'll have to decide what precisely I want to do with them. 2 are going to be framed in my office but the others....
...you could give me one ;) Haha but that is awesome! I can't wait for my Tendril decks :) I have been looking at the pics on KS for the last like week :-[
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 01:52:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
...you could give me one ;) Haha but that is awesome! I can't wait for my Tendril decks :) I have been looking at the pics on KS for the last like week :-[

Did you want a shipping confirmation, or a picture?  (I know, lame humor...)

This is all excellent news and I'm sure I speak for the masses when I say I WANT MY TENDRIL DECKS, MAN!  :))

BTW: got my Eco Clip prototypes - I'm really looking forward to the Tendril Eco clips now!

Now, here's a HUGE question for you, Paul - maybe one of the biggest ones you've ever seen...  (oooooo....)

If given the option, would you continue to make Tendril decks, much like how Ellusionist continues to manufacture the Artifice, Infinity, Arcane, etc.?, as long as there was a demand for it to be printed?  Would you want it to become an ongoing brand?  I'm asking this now because while I know you stated you'd never reprint, and I don't expect you to, you said that from the opposite end of this entire process and I'm interested if your view of things has changed at all now that you're preparing to cross the finish line.

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 09:18:56 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well, this Tendril deck will never be redone as promised. I owe that to everyone that expects it to remain a unique item. My next deck will be quite the different animal (with what I think might be some more brand new design features never seen before). That said, I love the overall theme of Tendril and while the design you see now will not be released again, I can see using some of the elements in a whole new way and maybe creating a "sister" deck to it, perhaps an opposite of sorts that uses some of the design theme. That thought has crossed my mind, but it is important for me to honor what I've stated about the original, regardless of how lucrative it may be to do otherwise.

Coming up with brand new ideas is a tricky thing, that's for sure. I'm finding Aurum to be much more challenging, as I want to create a new and unique item that makes people just as excited as Tendril did but in a whole new way. :)
Paul Carpenter