You are Here:

Poll

Should we make an Aether Card Clip by Conjuring Creations?

Hell Yeah!  Lets make a whole line of them!  
14 (43.8%)
Yes
9 (28.1%)
Maybe 1
3 (9.4%)
Ehh, not sure
4 (12.5%)
No, I'd rather not.
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Aether Card Clip Poll

Author (Read 3312 times)

Aether Card Clip Poll
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »

Robert Butler

Wow, after a few very busy months design the Eco Card Clip and selling out of a few designs I'm getting really excited.  We've seen the Eco Prototype, Tendril Signature Series, and now the Tendril Colors on Kickstarter.  Were all sitting and waiting for our clips to arrive.  I'm waiting patiently for a clip to arrive in the mail this week that will hopefully clear production of the clips upon examination.  So while were all sitting and waiting deliberating how were going to kill the next few hours on this potentially boring evening, lets have some fun.  Lets ask a big question and get our brains working in over drive.  Should we see a Aether Card Clip in the future? If so how would you envision it looking? Share all, tell all!

Re: Aether Card Clip Poll
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Absolutely! I would love it. Heck, if we ever get our collaborative deck produced we could have a custom clip for that deck!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »

Robert Butler

Absolutely! I would love it. Heck, if we ever get our collaborative deck produced we could have a custom clip for that deck!

That would be an interesting idea but only time will tell.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:03:12 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
My honest opinion on this is that I think there maybe should be one clip. That's just my opinion for now though. Aethercards only has one deck (on it's way) so it's hard to think about there being a whole line of clips. I could see that sometime down the line but not right now.

Also with the Vortex deck I feel the ecoclip wouldn't mesh well. You've got this outer space, vortex, new age style and an eco, wood, classic style. Those two don't go together in my mind.

I think that Aethercards and Eco Card Clip could do some big things together but right now I think it's just not the right time. I would wait until there is a design that just speaks to you guys.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:36 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
I Agree with brown_baggs on this. 1 CC should be fine for now... an entire line would be as Bb said, not the right timing. I would definitely look out for it though ^_^

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I would love to see card clips for AC!! But perhaps not a whole series of them (not more than 2 or 3) before Alex releases a new deck.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Honestly, I'd rather just buy 1 card clip that works for all of my decks instead of buying a bunch of clips that are customized for 1 deck each.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Honestly, I'd rather just buy 1 card clip that works for all of my decks instead of buying a bunch of clips that are customized for 1 deck each.

Nothing stops you from mixing and matching clips.  I do it all the time.

Having said that and read the discussions, I think a single "AetherCards" logo clip would be nice instead of for all the individual decks.  It makes it easier for you, Robert, and makes it simple for the collectors of both cards and clips.  Make the one design, offer it in new colors, and anyone buying any of the AetherCards decks to come out can get the color of their choice - and you can customize it to the decks in the sense of creating them in matching colors when a new deck is released.

Also consider other offerings besides deck-matched or company-matched.  Making clips that are more general purpose for anyone using any deck is great - and not just plain surfaces, either.  Makes ones with suits, jokers, court cards, Aces of Spades, any value/suit - they make great reveals.  Consider a gaffed clip of some kind, too - if you could make a great gaffed clip, you'll broaden your market considerably.  Even clips with graphics having little to nothing to do with cards could sell - picture a clip with full-color artwork of some kind, like WW2 fighter plane nose art or flames (cool on a wood clip, no?) or an urban skyline or a star-filled sky...  You have limitless possibilities that haven't been touched by the other companies making clips.  Think of the type of artwork you typically see on Zippo lighters as a place from which to start.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 04:08:35 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Well I hear what you guys are saying, and I am developing the artwork for an AetherCards clip. The artwork will be themed around the company and site rather than one particular deck.

It will be launching in an extremely limited run of first editions to test the waters of demand, similar to what I'm doing with Harlequin, but in a far smaller quantity. I'm going to be producing 40 clips for sale with CC and it will have a distinct design that matches the forums/site. I plan on rereleasing new designs every time the site or forum gets upgraded, which is once a year or less most likely.

Depending on timelines, I may launch these simultaneously with the Harlequin release. If we choose the Kickstarter route, you can expect a limited number of collector bundles that will include the entire AetherCards package: Vortex, Harlequin, uncuts, card clips and more.

I will make sure to keep the design elegant and professional, but also allow you guys to show off your Aetherian pride and let those who see your swag know that you are an avid member of the site. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 05:43:52 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well I hear what you guys are saying, and I am developing the artwork for an AetherCards clip. The artwork will be themed around the company and site rather than one particular deck.

It will be launching in an extremely limited run of first editions to test the waters of demand, similar to what I'm doing with Harlequin, but in a far smaller quantity. I'm going to be producing 40 clips for sale with CC and it will have a distinct design that matches the forums/site. I plan on rereleasing new designs every time the site or forum gets upgraded, which is once a year or less most likely.

Depending on timelines, I may launch these simultaneously with the Harlequin release. If we choose the Kickstarter route, you can expect a limited number of collector bundles that will include the entire AetherCards package: Vortex, Harlequin, uncuts, card clips and more.

I will make sure to keep the design elegant and professional, but also allow you guys to show off your Aetherian pride and let those who see your swag know that you are an avid member of the site. :)

Collector bundle... That'll be amazing!! I'm excited for this one. I like the route you are going with it being based on the forum/site more than one deck! It'll be exciting to see these sometime in the future

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 08:19:22 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Hmm, would love to see a new design concept for the card clips like how Jamie D Grant (Creator of AIP Bottles) has, would be better if it could suit all decks! (Though I know that's hardly possible, just saying..  :P ) Also, maybe explore different materials? like how card clips were metal once spread out into bamboo and such.
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »

Robert Butler

We are looking into a new material as we speak  ;D

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
We are looking into a new material as we speak  ;D
Does that mean not bamboo? I trust that you will come up with another awesome material.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 07:22:43 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
OMG! I think I know now.  That new material would be WICKED with the vortex and EVERY OTHER DECK IN THE WORLD!!!!!! Count me in for orders!

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 01:26:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
OMG! I think I know now.  That new material would be WICKED with the vortex and EVERY OTHER DECK IN THE WORLD!!!!!! Count me in for orders!

Would you care to share this with the rest of the class, Ms. Lane?  :))  Or perhaps you, Robert?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 04:35:53 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
rocks from the moon!  :P  haha yes they have a new material for card clips!!!  :D  my hunch was right  8)
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 05:48:02 AM »

Robert Butler

were not ready to share with the full public what it will be due to a lack of testing but if all goes well, we will soon.

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 06:10:12 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
were not ready to share with the full public what it will be due to a lack of testing but if all goes well, we will soon.

I figured this was the case. Nonetheless I look forward to seeing what new materials you come up with! The bamboo looks awesome from the pictures and I'm really looking forward to getting my eco prototype clip! Any updates on the progress of those?

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 01:51:38 PM »

Robert Butler

Yes, were about 2 weeks behind schedule due to a staffing issue that took place a the wood shop where the clips are being made.  I was expecting the last test piece two weeks ago so I could approve the production of all the clips.  I wont approve it until I receive this last piece though.  I don't want to deliver potentially bad clips to anyone.  I can confirm that the sent out the last test piece this past Thursday via UPS and I expect to get it tomorrow.  A really cool fact is that this piece will be a full clip so you will see some real images of the clip without art for the first time via facebook and our web site asap. 

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
so i have never gotten a card clip but if you make one for the aether decks, atleast vortex :) i will get it. :)
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 03:22:44 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yes, were about 2 weeks behind schedule due to a staffing issue that took place a the wood shop where the clips are being made.  I was expecting the last test piece two weeks ago so I could approve the production of all the clips.  I wont approve it until I receive this last piece though.  I don't want to deliver potentially bad clips to anyone.  I can confirm that the sent out the last test piece this past Thursday via UPS and I expect to get it tomorrow.  A really cool fact is that this piece will be a full clip so you will see some real images of the clip without art for the first time via facebook and our web site asap.

Awesome thanks for the update! No worried about the delay, that's just how life is sometimes haha Makes finally getting what you were waiting for all the sweeter. Also I look forward to seeing the new pictures on your facebook!

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Awesome thanks for the update! No worried about the delay, that's just how life is sometimes haha Makes finally getting what you were waiting for all the sweeter. Also I look forward to seeing the new pictures on your facebook!
The regular eco clips have art on them?