LTD uncut sheets! Only 115 available!

Author (Read 2336 times)

LTD uncut sheets! Only 115 available!
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:14:47 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Ellusionist is now selling LTD uncut sheets, only 115 are available so hurry!

http://www.ellusionist.com/ltd-sheet.html
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Re: LTD uncut sheets! Only 115 available!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
It'll be interesting to see how long these last. I don't see them being available for long.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I got mine for $128 w/ international shipping thanks to some discounts. This will look nice along with the LTD uncut I won in the Wayne Houchin auction.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:04:11 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I feel like they are whoring themselves off for money now :S
Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 06:17:01 PM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
I thought that they were only releasing one and only one sheet:

Taken from their Christmas 2012 Prizes page:  http://www.ellusionist.com/christmas-2012-prizes

"The LTD is one of our most popular, highly reviewed rare decks. We've held back giving away uncut sheets of the deck since its release last year. This year, we'll release one - and only one. Signed by Brad Christian it's like the floodgates of rarities have opened. This will be a magic collectible that NO ONE but the winner will have. Until we give away another one. Next decade, at this rate."

I was hoping to win this from the contest, but instead just picked one up.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Taken from their Christmas 2012 Prizes page:  http://www.ellusionist.com/christmas-2012-prizes

"The LTD is one of our most popular, highly reviewed rare decks. We've held back giving away uncut sheets of the deck since its release last year. This year, we'll release one - and only one. Signed by Brad Christian it's like the floodgates of rarities have opened. This will be a magic collectible that NO ONE but the winner will have. Until we give away another one. Next decade, at this rate."

It says, "This year, we'll release one - and only one." It is now 2013, so it is not that year.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 08:45:44 PM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular

It says, "This year, we'll release one - and only one." It is now 2013, so it is not that year.

They were released yesterday to black club members first and yesterday was still 2012.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 11:14:44 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
The one they released for the giveaway is signed by Brad.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Now almost a week since they are available and still not sold out yet, I put in my chart some quantities to know how much left, and found out the max quantities I can put on the chart was 92 sheets !!!
That's mean if really they just have 115 sheet available for sale they only sold 23 sheet so far.... what happen ?
Does this mean nobody like LTD uncut ?
Price too high ?
Or E has more than 300 sheet available ????

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 02:27:13 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
Either most people are broke after Christmas or broke because of the amount of new releases over the last 2-3 months. The only reason I could think they would release these right after Christmas would be an attempt to scoop up some of the money people received as Christmas gifts.  Also...and this is JMO....the price they are selling these for is a little high in the current playing card market.  Prices even for rare items (excluding some of the older really rare or sought after decks) are trending down in general for limited items in the secondary market.  I understand these uncut sheets are really rare but where in the past you had speculation buyers willing to fork over bucks to maybe turn a profit on these in the future, now and at the price they are selling these for your only going to get uncut sheet collectors (which some could consider a niche market) interested. Just my 2 cents!

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 05:33:18 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I bought the uncut sheet because I like the LTD deck and I think it will be a nice addition to my wall at home. But, I think the problem nowadays is everyone wants to buy something collectible and sell for a profit. They see the price and realise that they probably won't be able to sell it for much higher.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I agree, the pricing on this sheet is high and the market for this kind of product is weak.  There's not much of an aftermarket for a sheet this expensive, despite the deck being made in a 5,000-deck print run.  At half that price, you'd still have some trouble getting a profit out of it on eBay or elsewhere - though it would be worth more in a trade, perhaps.  But still, not as much as it's selling for.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 10:44:38 PM »

yukito

• Newcomer
i brought the ltd uncut and it's numbered. haha it look nice on my wall :)

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 04:06:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
i brought the ltd uncut and it's numbered. haha it look nice on my wall :)

Congratulations to you, Yukito, and welcome to the forum.  Perhaps you would tell us more about it, since you have one and we don't.  The more information you can post, the better the post is - that's a good rule of thumb to use when posting here, though it's not without exceptions.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 10:52:24 PM »

PlayingKards

I am surprised there not all sold out by now. It seems like ellusionist has been making a bunch of ''rare'' stuff just to get more money.

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 10:57:30 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I am surprised there not all sold out by now. It seems like ellusionist has been making a bunch of ''rare'' stuff just to get more money.

Not really; they haven't made anything as the uncut sheets have existed from around when the LTD decks were produced. They're merely giving people the opportunity to purchase them. One of the main reasons I believe why they haven't sold out yet is because they haven't given much room for resellers to snag them for cheap, and flog them off for 5x the buying price.

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
Not surprising these aren't gone. $115 for an uncut sheet, especially after the holidays, will drive away a lot of people. Uncuts are a niche collectable in their own right, but especially ones these expensive, are increasingly difficult to sell. That, and people aren't falling for the "ultramegainsanelyrare limited" hype as much as before. There's not much room for profits with these on the aftermarket due to the high price tag, which drives away people who might buy them to resell later, and E actually took down the link on their homepage of their site- you have to search for it to find it! Guess these are a total flop so far...unsurprisingly. Only people who REALLY like the LTD deck AND are willing to throw down over $100 on one sheet are picking these up...and that's not many people, obviously.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 03:43:29 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
It'll be interesting to see how long these last. I don't see them being available for long.

Not surprising these aren't gone. $115 for an uncut sheet, especially after the holidays, will drive away a lot of people. Uncuts are a niche collectable in their own right, but especially ones these expensive, are increasingly difficult to sell. That, and people aren't falling for the "ultramegainsanelyrare limited" hype as much as before. There's not much room for profits with these on the aftermarket due to the high price tag, which drives away people who might buy them to resell later, and E actually took down the link on their homepage of their site- you have to search for it to find it! Guess these are a total flop so far...unsurprisingly. Only people who REALLY like the LTD deck AND are willing to throw down over $100 on one sheet are picking these up...and that's not many people, obviously.

hindsight is 20/20, huh

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 03:45:02 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:

hindsight is 20/20, huh

Always, but I saw this happening when they were released in the first place as well.