You are Here:
New TBC Products

Author (Read 18811 times)

Re: New TBC Products
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2012, 10:58:30 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Did you guys miss the part about 4 new gaff decks, a new effect release, and regular Crown decks back in stock? Plenty available to buy...
Not interested in the gaff decks and i have more than enough crown decks of all colors for my entire neighborhood.  I will just wait till they have another promotion and grab the gold crown deck.  The gold crown deck is the only crown deck I don't have and we all know they have more than 50 to give away.  I will wait...........patiently.
- Adam

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 12:18:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Did you guys miss the part about 4 new gaff decks, a new effect release, and regular Crown decks back in stock? Plenty available to buy...
Not interested in the gaff decks and i have more than enough crown decks of all colors for my entire neighborhood.  I will just wait till they have another promotion and grab the gold crown deck.  The gold crown deck is the only crown deck I don't have and we all know they have more than 50 to give away.  I will wait...........patiently.

Then you'd better be really patient.  As I understand it, this will not be an easy deck to obtain outside of working for TBC/HOPC.  It wasn't even intended for general release in a gift item like this when it was first conceived - as the blog said, it was meant for company employees and artists.

Honestly - you wouldn't want a few strippers in the Crown design?  I'm chomping at the bit to get some!  I'm even thinking of getting some roughing spray to convert a few Svengalis into Mirage decks!  Plus my old invisible decks are getting a little worse for wear, so it might be time for new ones - it's arguably the best trick in all of card magic.  And I'm not even factoring in spending the cash to get the gift box - I just like the new merchandise!

I'm also not even taking into account the effects, new and old.  Prism Deck, Captain and Coke, the Anti-Faro, Resetting Travelers, Alex Pandrea's new video he shot with the Buck twins (Monet - it looks very cool)...  There's not a working magician out there who couldn't find enough NEW stuff on TBC to reach that spending minimum.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:28:11 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 05:24:41 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
As a collector, there isn't much for me to buy that will go over $100
I already have a ton of crowns and really, the only thing I can buy, is more crowns!

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 05:39:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
As a collector, there isn't much for me to buy that will go over $100
I already have a ton of crowns and really, the only thing I can buy, is more crowns!

Just go semi-pro and become a performer!  :))

The Gold Crown is an awesome deck.  It's also going to be quite a bit tougher to get than the Black Crown was.

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 07:05:27 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
As a magician and collector there really isn't any deck i can purchase there ..but i would really want the gold crown deck .. i have alot of crown decks in my collection and i won't really want to buy any more since there were sold for only $4 at their last summer sale.. for their gaff deck .. i was pretty excited about it since there mention gaff deck and as they were 4 series of crown deck available to public , i thought that they were going to release those kind of gaff deck like ellusionist and anglo deck ..

But since they are going to release gaff deck like invisible deck ... i would rather purchase bicycle type of invisible deck rather than the crown deck ones since i peform magic more using bicycle deck ..

For their tricks dl i already have about half of them .. the only dl i would really want to purchase is the prism deck but unfortunately it is sold out ..

Then you'd better be really patient.  As I understand it, this will not be an easy deck to obtain outside of working for TBC/HOPC.  It wasn't even intended for general release in a gift item like this when it was first conceived - as the blog said, it was meant for company employees and artists.

Honestly - you wouldn't want a few strippers in the Crown design?  I'm chomping at the bit to get some!  I'm even thinking of getting some roughing spray to convert a few Svengalis into Mirage decks!  Plus my old invisible decks are getting a little worse for wear, so it might be time for new ones - it's arguably the best trick in all of card magic.  And I'm not even factoring in spending the cash to get the gift box - I just like the new merchandise!

I'm also not even taking into account the effects, new and old.  Prism Deck, Captain and Coke, the Anti-Faro, Resetting Travelers, Alex Pandrea's new video he shot with the Buck twins (Monet - it looks very cool)...  There's not a working magician out there who couldn't find enough NEW stuff on TBC to reach that spending minimum.

Don i would recommend you the Anti-faro and monet ... monet is a good look colour change which i use pretty often now ..  The anti-faro i am still trying very hard to learn .. if you are going to purchase the dvd you better be prepare .. you will spend alot of time trying to perfect that move .. i spend longer time than i spend using to learn the classic pass . i do not have Resetting Travelers but the trick look very lame ..

i would recommend you all to purchase the Hucko Steal and sandwiches and bind square .. Sandwiches teaches a sleight where you can move a card to the top .. that sleight is pretty useful .. i really use that sleight alot .. but the bind square control i do not really use it if i am surrounded but if i am performing to only a few spectators i use that sleight alot ..

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 08:25:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
As a magician and collector there really isn't any deck i can purchase there ..but i would really want the gold crown deck .. i have alot of crown decks in my collection and i won't really want to buy any more since there were sold for only $4 at their last summer sale.. for their gaff deck .. i was pretty excited about it since there mention gaff deck and as they were 4 series of crown deck available to public , i thought that they were going to release those kind of gaff deck like ellusionist and anglo deck ..

But since they are going to release gaff deck like invisible deck ... i would rather purchase bicycle type of invisible deck rather than the crown deck ones since i peform magic more using bicycle deck ..

For their tricks dl i already have about half of them .. the only dl i would really want to purchase is the prism deck but unfortunately it is sold out ..

Well, you said you have a lot of Crown Decks - why not just use them in performance?  You have to admit, they're pretty elegant-looking cards.  :))  I can't imagine they cost all that much more than Bikes when you catch them on sale or buy in bulk.

Prism isn't a download - it's a DVD with a deck.  Nice deck, too.

As far as gaffed CARDS, well - perhaps next time...

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

I'm a pretty patient guy.  I can wait.  You can't tell me that the blue crown didnt print more than 50 or 100 gold crown decks.  Customers have been pretty adamant and demanding that they make a gold crown deck.  And Voila!!  Now the gold crown decks have surfaced and are real.  Based on what I have seen in many threads we always talk about print runs.  If it was a 5,000 print run or a 2,500 print run.  To my understanding the black crown deck was supposed to be rare, but they printed 5,000.  So if the gold crown deck is supposed to be even more rare, then I would take a guess and say they probably printed around 2,500.  Maybe the blue crown will copy what E did with the LTD decks and give them away only during promotions since they dont sell the LTD decks on there site.  Who knows. And maybe your right, maybe there wont be another chance at the gold crown.  All this is just my own speculation and my own opinion.  I'm just gonna sit back with my feet propped up and my hands behind my head and see what happens in the near future.  All I know right now is there is no reason for me to spend $100 to get a gold crown deck.

- “He that can have Patience, can have what he will." - Benjamin Franklin   ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:02:44 PM by Knobz1 »
- Adam

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
indeed at the moment its hard to spend 100$ on items i really want at the blue crown store.
gonna skip this release...i bought a pure smoke device at the Friday the 13th deal at E (a LTD & Black Ghost First Edition for free)
and the red JAQK comming this Friday too....my wallet screams STOP BUYING CARDS LIKE A IDIOT! :D
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »

vmagic

Don, don't tell you are going to try and be one of those first 50 people, I mean we all know you already have the Gold Crown, let some one else get some.

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2012, 05:04:58 PM »

vmagic

indeed at the moment its hard to spend 100$ on items i really want at the blue crown store.
gonna skip this release...i bought a pure smoke device at the Friday the 13th deal at E (a LTD & Black Ghost First Edition for free)
and the red JAQK comming this Friday too....my wallet screams STOP BUYING CARDS LIKE A IDIOT! :D

lol, I think my wallet is trying to say the same thing, but either it is mute or i'm deaf, lol.

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

lol, I think my wallet is trying to say the same thing, but either it is mute or i'm deaf, lol.
That makes 3 of us. haha!
- Adam

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »

vmagic

Well apparently the release has been delayed by 30 minutes, what gives?

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Probably gonna crash.
- Adam

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys.  Sincere apologies - we're delaying til 8:30 due to some technical difficulties.

Didn't have a crash, just a couple of back-end glitches.  We'll be up soon.  Sorry for the trouble!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »

vmagic

They are having technical issues. Why anyone would follow in Theory11's footsteps i'll never know. Limited releases will crash your website and shouldn't be done!

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2012, 08:06:40 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
This had absolutely nothing to do with server load...  Different glitch.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 08:06:45 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
What do you expect when they are only releasing 50 gold crown decks for the first time. 
- Adam

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »

vmagic

May not have been server overload yet, but it's coming more than likely.

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 08:22:01 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Its so nice to see so many of you feel this way... they act as though they're doing this for the customers rather than grabbing a quick $5,000... thanks for nothing... want to do right by your fans offer the deck at a respectable price... oh I know then it won't be limited and blah blah blah...

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
This delay would have happened if we weren't even doing the gift boxes.  This is related to an issue we're having getting our new products (trick decks, etc) functioning properly in the system.  Shouldn't be too much longer.

Our apologies again!

Keep an eye on our Facebook for the most up-to-date news.  It's the quickest way we can share with everybody.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2012, 08:29:24 PM »

vmagic

Well they still haven't gotten the site up fully, no new decks, but I did manage to get the gift box! Woohoo!  :D  8) ;) :bosswalk: :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:53:58 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »

vmagic

The new gaff decks are a bit pricier than I was expecting so i'm not even getting them. Will cost $50 for all 4.

Sorry if there was a double post there, thought someone else had posted but I guess not.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:05:25 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
I really tried and could not come to $100 worth of products to get. Wish I hadn't bought so many decks during the 4th of July sale.

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »

redtank151

• True Member
  • Something Funny here

• YouTube:
The new gaff decks are a bit pricier than I was expecting so i'm not even getting them. Will cost $50 for all 4.

Sorry if there was a double post there, thought someone else had posted but I guess not.

What did you put that $100 to?
Something even more funny here

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Kevin, can you confirmed that the gift box has been sold out ?
thanks