The Tungstene deck

Author (Read 22003 times)

Re: So what IS the Tungstene deck?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Those actually look like FUN cards.

Am I the only person who noticed that the card back design as shown on the box has several QR codes as part of the design?  Anyone curious as hell just where those codes would take you?

Very observant of you. maybe if anyone has a really good quality photo editor, the can blow up the picture to a size big enough to scan.

The front of the box has a few QRs as well.  A QR code is actually designed to retain enough data in a partial image to remain functional, like in cases where a code on a box got damaged in shipping or something.  If someone can tweak that picture, the codes as they are might just be scannable.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 02:22:51 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Those actually look like FUN cards.

Am I the only person who noticed that the card back design as shown on the box has several QR codes as part of the design?  Anyone curious as hell just where those codes would take you?

Very observant of you. maybe if anyone has a really good quality photo editor, the can blow up the picture to a size big enough to scan.

The front of the box has a few QRs as well.  A QR code is actually designed to retain enough data in a partial image to remain functional, like in cases where a code on a box got damaged in shipping or something.  If someone can tweak that picture, the codes as they are might just be scannable.

I'd love to see where the link takes us... Probably where to buy them.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 04:00:46 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
So it's after midnight on the west coast (december 2nd), and they haven't released this deck yet. I didn't think they would. Does anybody know what time this deck will release? midnight tonight?
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 05:10:17 AM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
Im waiting too!!!

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Maybe midnight tonight?

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Maybe midnight tonight?

Yeah, lately DD have been releasing at either 12am or 12pm west coast time. Since its a little past 12pm I would expect it to be tonight at midnight. Although there hasnt been much talk about this deck yet so I dont know...

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 03:21:13 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Maybe midnight tonight?

Yeah, lately DD have been releasing at either 12am or 12pm west coast time. Since its a little past 12pm I would expect it to be tonight at midnight. Although there hasnt been much talk about this deck yet so I dont know...
We really don't even know for sure that its from D&D!

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
Was it not reported that D&D Tweeted that the release would be Friday, Dec 2??  Who reported that Tweet??  12:00 PM (midnight) is no longer Friday.
The best way to promote a subscription service (a deck a month) is to produce a deck only available through said subscription service.  Think about that!

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 05:36:12 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
They did mention something about a release, but not if it was a deck or not.

"@tomsson88 Yes, we have many new projects in the works. In fact, we have something new coming this Friday!"
from their twitter
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:36:51 PM by brown_baggs »

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 05:53:17 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
The D&D holiday underwear collection buy a brick of boxer shorts and get yourself a pair of D&D socks for free!  ???
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

Re: The Tungstene deck
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
So Dan and Dave mentioned on twitter that they would have a new release tonight and so far I don't see anything "new", but I did notice that they are selling the monarchs. Is that what they mentioned? Or is this deck being released? Looking forward to this deck because it looks fun and different!

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 09:30:16 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
There is the new T-shirt coming out.

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 09:41:12 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
So Dan and Dave mentioned on twitter that they would have a new release tonight and so far I don't see anything "new", but I did notice that they are selling the monarchs. Is that what they mentioned? Or is this deck being released? Looking forward to this deck because it looks fun and different!
The new shirt is the only thing I've seen so far.

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 12:11:39 AM »

jriffel

• True Member
Just bought one from the Dan and Dave store.  $26.95 per deck + tax + shipping brought it to a grand total of $35.17.
Ouch.  Perhaps I will rethink the deck-a-month subscription service.

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 12:55:13 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just bought one from the Dan and Dave store.  $26.95 per deck + tax + shipping brought it to a grand total of $35.17.

What deck is $26.95?

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 01:12:00 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
new pics!  :D

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 02:10:20 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

What deck is $26.95?

I think he is talking about the new t-shirt haha. I love the new pictures. Any new news on this one?

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 02:36:25 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

What deck is $26.95?

I just heard that the tungstene deck was released at $26.95 a deck.
And already sold out. The link doesn't work anymore.

I think he is talking about the new t-shirt haha. I love the new pictures. Any new news on this one?

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 03:07:18 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
phantom1412, sorry you were right!! When I saw the price I thought he was talking about the t-shirt because I didn't think they would price the deck at that high!! Wow! ??? im speechless...

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 04:35:27 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Wow a new design.. dan and dave sure are daring !! never seem those type of design before

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
glad I didn't open my deck from the variety box...I'm not really that impressed by these. The faces remind me of an old cartoon from Adult Swim (can't remember which one). I'm thinking a trade/sell down the road. There are better decks coming out right now (like the vortex ;) ...you can just throw an extra deck in with my shipment Alex) and despite these decks being of french origin (I know they were printed by the USPCC but I'm assuming they were shipped to france 1st and then to DandD) sticking a $20 something dollar price tag on these was a little questionable.  Take for instance BMPoker, He is currently charging 16.95 for 1 deck of Bicycle Samurai.  I did a little cost analysis and by the time you add shipping and the cost of the decks (not to mention the dollar is in the toilet compared to the euro) he is only making maybe 1-2 dollars a deck.  That is pretty high for a new deck but as a business person (PC!) he is walking out on limb to purchase decks that some of us may not have otherwise had access to, for only 1-2 dollars a deck I can respect that! But as someone mentioned $35.00 (with the shipping)....at least at E you get some nice decks when you purchase your Ltd, gold arcane, etc.  >:(  There I'm through with my rant now!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:34:39 AM by munro159 »

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
glad I didn't open my deck from the variety box...I'm not really that impressed by these. The faces remind me of an old cartoon from Adult Swim (can't remember which one). I'm thinking a trade/sell down the road. There are better decks coming out right now (like the vortex ;) ...you can just throw an extra deck in with my shipment Alex) and despite these decks being of french origin (I know they were printed by the USPCC but I'm assuming they were shipped to france 1st and then to DandD) sticking a $20 something dollar price tag on these was a little questionable.  Take for instance BMPoker, He is currently charging 16.95 for 1 deck of Bicycle Samurai.  I did a little cost analysis and by the time you add shipping and the cost of the decks (not to mention the dollar is in the toilet compared to the euro) he is only making maybe 1-2 dollars a deck.  That is pretty high for a new deck but as a business person (PC!) he is walking out on limb to purchase decks that some of us may not have otherwise had access to, for only 1-2 dollars a deck I can respect that! But as someone mentioned $35.00 (with the shipping)....at least at E you get some nice decks when you purchase your Ltd, gold arcane, etc.  >:(  There I'm through with my rant now!!!
lol i am too lazy to read all of them but at least i read the starting part maybe you should open the deck and handle the deck or maybe do a deck review it can help us decide :D lol also the deck you are having is sort of 'protoype' you are kinda the 1st to handle the deck but if you plan on selling them then it best you dun open them

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »

vmagic

bmpokerworld is an ass! I am a long time customer of his and have spent hundreds of dollars on his site and now because I cancelled 1 order (which I sort of placed by mistake) and inquired about making a change to another order he is not allowing me to buy anything from him on Ebay and is not responding to my emails. This is no way to treat a good long time customer!!! Stay away from his site and go to the1eyedjack.com or better yet my sponsor pokerstud52 on Ebay!! Sorry from being off topic a bit.

Nonetheless I did get this deck and now it is apparently not on their site anymore, did they run out already?

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2011, 11:21:38 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
bmpokerworld is an ass! I am a long time customer of his and have spent hundreds of dollars on his site and now because I cancelled 1 order (which I sort of placed by mistake) and inquired about making a change to another order he is not allowing me to buy anything from him on Ebay and is not responding to my emails. This is no way to treat a good long time customer!!! Stay away from his site and go to the1eyedjack.com or better yet my sponsor pokerstud52 on Ebay!! Sorry from being off topic a bit.

Nonetheless I did get this deck and now it is apparently not on their site anymore, did they run out already?
How did you get it?!?!? Where did you buy it from???

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i am curious too where did you buy it from ?