• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
David Blaine tweeted today...

"coming soon"

CBJ
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:24:04 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: NEW DECK -- DB White Lions - Series "B"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Love the box, but too bad i dont have money to buy because paypal locked my ass up!

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Yeah, it's looking great

I would also imagine a red one is not far behind
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Yeah, it's looking great

I would also imagine a red one is not far behind
And the rainbow one.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Looks very elegant! I really am looking forward to getting these.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Wonder what the back design would look like, hopefully a new design. But base on previous split spades reference, it might just be a white back design

Re: NEW DECK -- DB White Lions - Series "B" Blue
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 01:41:32 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
the box design look very nice .. i will pick up quite some for it superb handling

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I like the look a lot. It's funny that we hear about it right after the White Monarch release... It's kinda the same concept for both. Can't wait though!

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 02:06:57 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
When "Series A Blue" came out, I was just getting into cards, and never picked any up... a decision I've regretted ever since. These ones will be all mine  :t11:
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
can't wait for this to come out i hope its a 5,000 deck run so i will be able to get some and the box looks cool this time i won't miss out on this .

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Those look very nice, I will for sure be picking some up. :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Awesome box. i wonder if these will be more or less limited than the series A decks.

I am also wondering if there will be any difference at all in the back design.

as for the red and other colors of the white lions i personally won't be getting my hopes up for those (or even these for that matter with how hard it is becoming to get limited decks). It was quite a while before blaine released the reds as a part of the variety box.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:35:42 PM by Gunshy1 »
have you heard the word???

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I love the box. To me, the holographic box reminds me that of the Monarchs. I wonder if these cards will be different that the Series A deck. I have a feeling he'll do something different somehow. No surprise the box is embossed.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Consider the chance that Series B won't be as limited as Series A was.  Series A was supposedly made just for David Blaine's personal use at first...

...but we'll never know since aside from uber-rare releases, he never reveals print run size, does he?  Does he?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Knowing the Series B will be released, It would be wise to stock up on the Series A. The price is only going to go up. I can see the Blue Series A fetching $35 - $40 a deck by the end of the year.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:04:51 PM by wsop_legacy »

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:42:31 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Definitely fell in love with the series a white lions the first time I handled them. I was at a Calen morelli seminar thing and he let me fool around with them for a bit and I loved them, i've gotten a couple over the months but definitely not as many as I would like. Do you guys think its going to be the same cards as the last white lions?? Or maybe same stock and finish but a different design??

I also just noticed that on David blaines website for 25 dollars you can get a signed white lion AND a sealed one. I've seen the signed deck on there but didn't know it came with two decks.did it always come with two?? Either way I picked mine up today!

This is definitely looking like possibly my favorite release of the year purely based on my love of the original ones

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I think these are going to be the same stock and finish as the original ones. Not necessarily the same handling though. Ink has a big impact on that.
As for the double deal on David Blaine's website, I don't know how long it's been there, but it already existed 2 weeks ago.

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 09:57:51 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
I'll pick some up too... The box does look elegant. And I do hope the handling is on par with the Series A. I wonder if the back design is the same though. Hope they'll rework the design a bit, not sure how they might want to do that..

Speaking of the double deal on DB's website. I'm not sure if it's been asked already, but does it come with 2 signed Series A? Or is it just one? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify that for me. Thanks.

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
I'll pick some up too... The box does look elegant. And I do hope the handling is on par with the Series A. I wonder if the back design is the same though. Hope they'll rework the design a bit, not sure how they might want to do that..

Speaking of the double deal on DB's website. I'm not sure if it's been asked already, but does it come with 2 signed Series A? Or is it just one? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify that for me. Thanks.

One signed and one sealed that's not signed. I think its a pretty good deal because that's about 12.50 a piece which is about right for a white lion on the market right now anyways andyou get one that's signed for basically what you'd pay for just the two

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Alright, thanks for clarifying that. And I agree, even if it's for one that's signed and one that's not, it's definitely a good deal. Guess I'll just go grab one for future uses.  ;D

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »

frostchew

My guess would be the same back design as the Series A but with metallic blue and silver inks.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »

vmagic

Maybe it will have a inverse color scheme? Probably not but who knows.

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Knowing the Series B will be released, It would be wise to stock up on the Series A. The price is only going to go up. I can see the Blue Series A fetching $35 - $40 a deck by the end of the year.

The opposite can also happen - especially if the Series B is nearly identical to Series A.  People would start thinking that it's not worth paying more for an A when a B is available at retail.

Definitely fell in love with the series a white lions the first time I handled them. I was at a Calen morelli seminar thing and he let me fool around with them for a bit and I loved them, i've gotten a couple over the months but definitely not as many as I would like. Do you guys think its going to be the same cards as the last white lions?? Or maybe same stock and finish but a different design??

I also just noticed that on David blaines website for 25 dollars you can get a signed white lion AND a sealed one. I've seen the signed deck on there but didn't know it came with two decks.did it always come with two?? Either way I picked mine up today!

This is definitely looking like possibly my favorite release of the year purely based on my love of the original ones

I think these are going to be the same stock and finish as the original ones. Not necessarily the same handling though. Ink has a big impact on that.
As for the double deal on David Blaine's website, I don't know how long it's been there, but it already existed 2 weeks ago.

The double deal appeared shortly after the original Series A Blue sold out.  He had a similar deal for the Split Spades Lions and the Bee Split Spades.  There may have been more, I don't know.  I do know this deal's been around for months.

I liked the deal he made for the Split Spades Lions, long after they were sold out - a red deck and a blue deck in a fancy box complete with an envelope filled with a handful of gaff cards!  That deal was REALLY sweet.

One signed and one sealed that's not signed. I think its a pretty good deal because that's about 12.50 a piece which is about right for a white lion on the market right now anyways andyou get one that's signed for basically what you'd pay for just the two

Allow me to add a little more detail.

The set comes with two Series A Blue decks of White Lions.  One is pristine and cellophane-wrapped with no autograph, while the other has the cellophane removed but is still sealed shut with the sticker seal, and it has David Blaine's autograph on the back of the box.

My guess would be the same back design as the Series A but with metallic blue and silver inks.

Maybe it will have a inverse color scheme? Probably not but who knows.

Well, I'm doubting there will be metallic ink on it.  David's never used metallic inks before and it's clear that the idea of the White Lions was to make a more subtle deck without a busy design, something unassuming that won't trigger abnormal curiosity in the spectators seeing it in action.

Now an inverse design would be right up his alley.  He's done many inverse designs in his previous releases.  It does mean that if he's using the same stock, they will handle a bit differently because of the extra ink.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

The opposite can also happen - especially if the Series B is nearly identical to Series A.  People would start thinking that it's not worth paying more for an A when a B is available at retail.

Don't know if I'm quite buying that explanation. I can see if we were using 1st and 2nd edition Crown Decks as an example. The 2nd editions being almost identical, do stagnate the value of the 1st. Those looking to buy a Crown Deck to use rather then buy as part of their collection, would not see the point in buying a 1st edition.

From what I can see just on the box alone, the Series B White Lions are intended to be different from the Series A. More people don't have Series A's and are now looking at buying Series B's. It should drive the demand for Series A's up.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:37:53 PM by wsop_legacy »

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 01:06:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Don't know if I'm quite buying that explanation. I can see if we were using 1st and 2nd edition Crown Decks as an example. The 2nd editions being almost identical, do stagnate the value of the 1st. Those looking to buy a Crown Deck to use rather then buy as part of their collection, would not see the point in buying a 1st edition.

From what I can see just on the box alone, the Series B White Lions are intended to be different from the Series A. More people don't have Series A's and are now looking at buying Series B's. It should drive the demand for Series A's up.

Wait - you do realize that the first example you gave was a valid proof of my point, right?

The second example doesn't necessarily result in demand for Series A to increase.  Assuming that the Series B deck is so close to identical that it's hardly worth giving it a new name or version (as T11 has done for a number of their decks), people looking to use the cards will look at the price of Series A, then the price of Series B - and they'll buy whichever is cheaper!  In this case, that's more likely to be Series B.

The only way that model drives the price of Series A up is if either Series A ends up CHEAPER than Series B (very unlikely, and that demand would cease once the A price exceeded the B price) or if they are indeed totally different decks.  If they were that radically different, they probably wouldn't be "Series B" but instead would have a new name.

My money's still on an inverted color scheme.  He did it with his Bee Split Spades, and the other two runs of Split Spades had a few inverted color schemes as well.  That could be a noteworthy difference, considering that all that extra ink would result in a different performance with the same paper.  I'm also inclined to doubt that he's using Magic Finish, since he's had opportunities to do so and thus far has declined to do so.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:08:08 AM by Don Boyer »