You are Here:
NEW DECK -- Aurum from Encarded

Author (Read 37942 times)

Re: NEW DECK -- Aurum from Encarded
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Looks awesome Paul!  Cant wait to receive my deck from kickstarter and more from your website once available  ;)
- Adam

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »

DC

• Forum Regular
Dear Paul,

May I ask if there any EMS or courier express ;p shipping option please?
Are you base on the South or East coast of US please?
Just getting VERY excited about this release!
If you are on the south coast, that means I should get these beautiful decks sooner (I think!) ;p

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Doris

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Doris, I currently ship everything via USPS services. Once I get a little more experience with massive worldwide shipments I'll look at other optional services. Making them all flow smoothly in a logistical sense is tricky. :)

I am located in Florida, so I have both South and East covered.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Just ordered my decks!  Cant wait to get them now  :D
- Adam

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »

jhayel84

• True Member
How come there is no discount if you buy at least 6 decks? to deter profiteers?  :)

« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »

Cardist888

wow the site is having heavy traffic cant order my decks it says process failed or something lik tat help?

« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
wow the site is having heavy traffic cant order my decks it says process failed or something lik tat help?
Really??  I logged on 7 minutes after the release time and felt like I was the only one on the site ordering.
- Adam

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
There were a LOT of people all at once. Nothing went down, but some people seem to have had an issue with the Paypal part of the process.
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
2 bricks done  ;) It was a bit slow when checking out but no problems when I paid via paypal

« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
2 bricks done  ;) It was a bit slow when checking out but no problems when I paid via paypal

When you say it was a bit slow checking out, can you tell me exactly at what point in the process it was giving you a problem? I've noticed several folks with orders that seem to be "pending payment" for a bit too long.

Thanks for the order!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
couldn't login as an existing customer, reset my password but didn't receive the email yet.... is a deck worth 179 bucks and a luite case 159 bucks? as limited as it is that's pretty steep for a deck of cards and a deck of cards with a nicely printed design 'case' so I'll pass for that, not sure if I'm gonna regret later... still getting this awesome deck though! the more affordable ones.  ;)

EDIT: can't register as well, when all required fields are filled, the site still wants me to fill everything and does not bring me to 'step 3' even if i manually did that, another problem arises, I selected Singapore as my country but it requires me to select a US state, must be a bug of sorts, i recall not having this when i registered. ahh, will purchase again tmr morning..
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:44:12 PM by K »
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »

anep21

• Elite Member
Any coupon code?

« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
EDIT: can't register as well, when all required fields are filled, the site still wants me to fill everything and does not bring me to 'step 3' even if i manually did that, another problem arises, I selected Singapore as my country but it requires me to select a US state, must be a bug of sorts, i recall not having this when i registered. ahh, will purchase again tmr morning..

I just tested that by making a new account and going to the address book, selected SIngapore as my country and it properly disabled the US state field and switched it to State/Province.

I'm unsure what might be happening with your particular account. You can email me at encarded@gmail.com and I can look at your account and see if we can fix. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2012, 08:57:56 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Same issue, I'm gunna try and check out as a guest.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Try clearing your browser cache and cookies. One person had a similar issue fixed that way. Then login, and in your account section make sure you fill in your address before you try to add items to your cart and checkout.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Most folks have gotten through smoothly but there does seem to be a few people that get their checkout info messed up at which point they are stuck.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Some random fun factuals:

- In the roughly 9 hours since I opened things, there have been about 7,000 pages loaded on the site
- Aurum has taken in, during those 9 hours, roughly what the Tendril Kickstarter did in 6-7 days
- As you would expect, the Sovereign edition is most popular, followed by the White Gold which is selling very quickly. The rare items are selling well considering their price point.
- Right at 11am, the site was sending out about 30 pages per second which is a lot for my tiny site
- There has been a consistent 8-30 users on the site at any one time since 11am

Some international people had a few issues, and some people seem to have some mistmaches in their Paypal but on the whole it's working pretty well. It's always scary to launch something completely new!

Thanks to everyone that got some, I can't wait to get these out to you all.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Thanks for the advice Paul. That worked,

Created the account first before proceeding to checkout so all the address fields were already filled.

Could only order two decks as funds are really low this month.

So, when can we expect a Tendril V2? I ordered 6 decks but because it's my favorite deck I only have 2 still wrapped in cellophane as I've been using them so much.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2012, 12:03:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

So, when can we expect a Tendril V2? I ordered 6 decks but because it's my favorite deck I only have 2 still wrapped in cellophane as I've been using them so much.

Paul's philosophy on this has been rare, limited runs only.  Unless he's changed that, there will be no versions after the first on any of his decks.

Oh, wait - it's still there, still the same.
http://encarded.com/philosophy/

You might want to go easy on those remaining decks you have, as they may be the last ones you'll get.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

As Don noted, I won't be redoing Tendril, Aurum or any of my decks. It's conceivable I could make a "companion" deck someday but that would end up being a unique item as well. I don't like to just do a minor variation and pretend my work is done.

My next deck, which I started concepts on, is once again 180 degrees from Aurum and totally different from Tendril. I like to mix things up. :)

Glad you like my work though!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Just ordered a couple decks, can't wait to get them. Since it's a preorder I'm guessing that they won't ship out for a while. Do you know when these are supposed to ship out, Paul?

also can someone please explain to me how it only cost $4.50 for shipping these while it cost me almost 12 bucks to ship from E? ridiculous

« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just ordered a couple decks, can't wait to get them. Since it's a preorder I'm guessing that they won't ship out for a while. Do you know when these are supposed to ship out, Paul?

also can someone please explain to me how it only cost $4.50 for shipping these while it cost me almost 12 bucks to ship from E? ridiculous

To answer your first question, USPCC has told me they expect to ship me the decks within 2 weeks. I will begin shipments shortly after they arrive here. I fully hope to have all preorders on their way before December, but we will see what their timeline is.

To the second, I take what the USPS tells me it costs, add a very moderate fee for the shipping supplies and my time, and that is all. I prefer to make the deck cost what I think it is worth, and allow the shipping to just be that, shipping and handling. I can't lose money on that process and without having complex logistics I have to keep it simple, but other places seem to think that making a deck "cheap" ($8) and then charging $7-10 to ship it is better. I heard some little grumblings that my limited, highly customized, multiple metallic inked, complex diecut deck was $11.95. However, shipped to you, it is the same as many of the very basic decks from the "big guys". 

:D
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
3 aurum decks plus shipping was $40 and some change for me. 3 sultan treasuries plus shipping was $44 and change.

have you heard the word???

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
3 aurum decks plus shipping was $40 and some change for me. 3 sultan treasuries plus shipping was $44 and change.

Well see? There ya go! Not to say that those other decks aren't very nice, but you can't just look at deck price alone. SInce almost no one can go into a store and by them in person, we are all at the mercy of the shipping and handling department.  8)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
you can leave a bad rating on ebay for a seller that charges extra in shipping to raise profits. Unfortunately I can't do that for Ellusionist

oh well

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Just ordered a bunch of Aurum stuff. Can't wait to get them. The decks look beautiful!

Hey Paul, I'm the one who ordered for delivery to New Zealand. Please pack them well  ;)