« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 07:33:23 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'm getting in a bit of confusion with this deck.
I really want the deck, of course. It looks amazing, and it's incredibly unique. Definitely the sort of thing that I adore. But I have a sneaking suspicion that my brother backed it on Kickstarter as part of my Christmas present. I didn't manage to stumble across the Kickstarter page until the backing had finished, so I didn't manage to pick up a deck. Which I'm certainly pretty annoyed about. But I thought, it's fine, I'll get a deck from their website. But I'm reluctant to get it if my brother has alredy bought it for me. Equally, I don't want to miss the chance to buy a deck from their site, just to find out that my brother hasn't really got me the deck. I'm having the same trouble with the Americana deck.
So, yeah. That's my only current problem with this deck. :P It looks so good, and it's such a great idea that I know I'll get a deck of these sooner or later. I just hope it's the former. ;)
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

Re: Bicycle Revision 1 Playing Cards
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 07:53:52 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I really love this deck and the whole drafting theme. This will be one of my favorite decks I own.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 02:46:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I really want the deck, of course. It looks amazing, and it's incredibly unique. Definitely the sort of thing that I adore. But I have a sneaking suspicion that my brother backed it on Kickstarter as part of my Christmas present. I didn't manage to stumble across the Kickstarter page until the backing had finished, so I didn't manage to pick up a deck. Which I'm certainly pretty annoyed about. But I thought, it's fine, I'll get a deck from their website. But I'm reluctant to get it if my brother has alredy bought it for me. Equally, I don't want to miss the chance to buy a deck from their site, just to find out that my brother hasn't really got me the deck. I'm having the same trouble with the Americana deck.
So, yeah. That's my only current problem with this deck. :P It looks so good, and it's such a great idea that I know I'll get a deck of these sooner or later. I just hope it's the former. ;)

Go ahead and order it from the CCCC website.  Worst thing that could happen is you have a few extra decks - when has that ever been a bad thing?  ;)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:37 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

It really should be too hard to get some from a reseller for only a little more. I don't think these are going to be super rare right away so I wouldn't worry  :)

I hope people are forgiving of these sorts of things because it's ridiculous to expect a one-man team (or a two-person team over here at Aether) to perform on the level of Ellusionist or Theory11, who have sway with USPCC (especially T11) and their own warehouses to do shipping.
For me, regarding what Alex said, I think that the wait makes the cards more special, honestly. I can order a pack of bee stingers, arcanes, blue crowns, or any other deck from a big name company and I get it in a couple weeks or so. It's nothing super special. For the Vortex, Revision 1, Americana decks I've had the pleasure of watching the project grow and be apart of the magic in a way. Sure I'd love to have the decks right now (Who wouldn't? they're stunning) but the wait makes them more special. It's not instant gratification and that makes it more special when you finally have that deck(s) in your hands and you can really enjoy it, because it was a long time coming.

Others may feel the same or maybe it's just me haha
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:51:23 AM by brown_baggs »
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 03:38:35 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

For me, regarding what Alex said, I think that the wait makes the cards more special, honestly. I can order a pack of bee stingers, arcanes, blue crowns, or any other deck from a big name company and I get it in a couple weeks or so. It's nothing super special. For the Vortex, Revision 1, Americana decks I've had the pleasure of watching the project grow and be apart of the magic in a way. Sure I'd love to have the decks right now (Who wouldn't? they're stunning) but the wait makes them more special. It's not instant gratification and that makes it more special when you finally have that deck(s) in your hands and you can really enjoy it, because it was a long time coming.

Others may feel the same or maybe it's just me haha

Something worth having is generally also worth waiting for.  Unless it's a vital organ transplant...

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 04:42:26 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I ordered one of those a while ago, I was gonna contact them to see if I could change my order to two or three instead. ::)
I really don't mind waiting. It's not like we don't have enough cards to play with already, right? ;)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 05:26:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I ordered one of those a while ago, I was gonna contact them to see if I could change my order to two or three instead. ::)
I really don't mind waiting. It's not like we don't have enough cards to play with already, right? ;)

Wait, you ordered a vital organ transplant, and now you want two or three?!?
(just kidding!) :))

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 10:58:05 AM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Go ahead and order it from the CCCC website.  Worst thing that could happen is you have a few extra decks - when has that ever been a bad thing?  ;)

Haha, I thought that! But about three years ago, I bought a deck just before Christmas, and it turned out he'd bought me the same deck. He seemed pretty hurt, and wasn't the happiest. Which is why I'm wary of buying this deck. But I think I'll probably get some anyway, without paying for them through him, which is what I do now. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. ;)
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 02:36:57 PM »

Adam Circle City Card Co.

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I had mixed feelings about the deck. Last I checked I think the font used on the tuck case was Comic Sans. Other than that, I love the theme of it.

The Ace of Spades is where Adam excelled the most.

NOT COMIC SANS!!!!!  Hahahaha!

Thanks for all the comments everyone!  The cards are so close I can smell the fresh ink!  Can't wait to get them to all that ordered!  Also there will be plenty left to order from the website.

Adam

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 06:59:05 PM »

Masque

• True Member
Welcome.

Could we get an idea of the total run size?  If anything it should probably increase your sales for that number to be public…

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Thanks for all the comments everyone!  The cards are so close I can smell the fresh ink!  Can't wait to get them to all that ordered!  Also there will be plenty left to order from the website.

Adam

Do you have an estimate time for shipping?
I'm gonna leave my house in Japan for 1 month and a half.
So, I'm afraid that the decks wouldn't reach me.

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 12:27:40 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I can smell the ink too....

--edit--
Adam, I didn't even realize that was your first post on here... (he's a lurker!)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:29:27 AM by RWKercheval »
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 05:01:10 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I can't wait for these  :D  It's been quite a wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it once we all have them in our hands (same goes for the other Kickstarter deck). Any idea when they'll be shipping out to backers?

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 01:18:45 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I am just about to go jump on their site and pick some up now :P

I saw the kickstarter for these 1 day to late so sadly couldn't back them, but I think they are really nicely designed.
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
via 52Cartes!

Enjoy

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
gonna order at least a brick...looking at the site does anyone find it weird that u get 8 decks for 49 (7+1 free) while 12 decks costs 75? it's actually cheaper (per deck cost) to get 8 decks instead of 12 which doesnt make sense.

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Ah that uncut looks sick!! I should be getting one of those! The blue on the cards looks a little lighter than I expected, but I really like it. These pictures are getting me more stoked about getting this one :)

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I pledged for 2 decks decks a long time ago and I think I may get more. I'll wait to order more. I want to receive my original ones first

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
gonna order at least a brick...looking at the site does anyone find it weird that u get 8 decks for 49 (7+1 free) while 12 decks costs 75? it's actually cheaper (per deck cost) to get 8 decks instead of 12 which doesnt make sense.

DankTrees,
Yeah, we noticed the price discrepancy also, we chose those numbers purely on the fact that we didn't want to sell a "$73.94" brick of cards, we just rounded to a nice 'even' number.

On our website, www.circlecitycards.com we have a sale going on right now in honor of the Revision 1 release!

BUY 7 GET ONE FREE - 'Brimstone' or 'Revision 1' - $49 (plus S&H)
FACTORY SEALED BRICK - 'Brimstone' or 'Revision 1' - $75 (plus S&H)

We'll be updateing our website soon, but you can take advantage of the savings now!

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
When will the Kickstarter revision 1 decks be shipped out? I havent been asked for my info yet.

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Hmm, check you spam folder.  Adam sent those out awhile ago.  You can always PM Adam directly on KICKSTARTER to get everything straightened out.  He also has many updates on the site too!

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Oh  found the email... I already answered it. Sorry, I have bad memory
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:31:26 PM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Haha, don't sweat it, I even forgot that i filled it out!  I called Adam a week ago making sure he had my info... his reply was a sarcastic laugh followed with a sigh of disappointment.

The cards really do look great though.  I found an amazing frame at Michael's/Hobby Lobby that looks like brushed aluminum that I am going to frame my uncut sheet with.  We'll have more pics up on our Flickr in a week or so, right now we are concentrating on getting as many decks into our Kickstarter backers hands as soon as possible! We'll ship the orders from our website right after the kickstarters are done.

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Haha, don't sweat it, I even forgot that i filled it out!  I called Adam a week ago making sure he had my info... his reply was a sarcastic laugh followed with a sigh of disappointment.

The cards really do look great though.  I found an amazing frame at Michael's/Hobby Lobby that looks like brushed aluminum that I am going to frame my uncut sheet with.  We'll have more pics up on our Flickr in a week or so, right now we are concentrating on getting as many decks into our Kickstarter backers hands as soon as possible! We'll ship the orders from our website right after the kickstarters are done.
I'll be posting a review of these decks when i get them! I'm really excited about them. My dad even got one of them because he loved the so much. He's an architect so he loved the theme and design

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I just read the email about the shipping and the saw the picture of all the boxes. It's pretty crazy stuff!! I can't imagine having a couple thousand decks in my living room haha

Hopefully the shipping goes quickly and smoothly! I know we are all super excited about getting these in the mail!