You are Here:
Bicycle Americana Deck

Author (Read 39792 times)

Re: Bicycle Americana Deck
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
if we order a brick of amerciana can we get the sleeves?
It doesn't sound like you will be able to do that. I think they will only be selling the sleeves.

It sounded like there would be a few bricks on sale that come with the sleeves. I hope that's not the case though because I would LOVE to just buy a sleeve if I don't get one from the Kickstarter  :D
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2012, 12:53:59 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

I am only having 20 of these sleeves made up:
5 to give away on Facebook (this week)
5 to sell with 12 decks of Americana cards
5 to random Kickstarter backers
and the last 5 will be given away at random times/places.

We'll be selling the decks (and a couple sleeves) on our site when they come in from USPCCC/Bicycle.

I feel like Don... Let's just read the post people... Russell already answered all your questions before you asked them...

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2012, 01:10:28 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Some people just like to ask questions, without reading through what's been said already. It makes some seem like they're on topic, while (maybe) trying to boost their post count.

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Man, coming into card collecting just now - it really is hard to keep up with all this awesomeness! I missed out on the Kickstarter, but I've bookmarked the 'order' page and added as a friend on Facebook to hopefully be able to pick up a few from the horse's mouth since one can never be sure if there will be resellers in UK.

Now, just to find the Brimstone deck...
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2012, 03:27:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Man, coming into card collecting just now - it really is hard to keep up with all this awesomeness! I missed out on the Kickstarter, but I've bookmarked the 'order' page and added as a friend on Facebook to hopefully be able to pick up a few from the horse's mouth since one can never be sure if there will be resellers in UK.

Now, just to find the Brimstone deck...

As I stated, I'll be selling it.  If you want to become a "UK distributor", I can sell to you in bulk!  Just keep your eyes out for when I post that I have them and hit me up for some.  My order is for twelve bricks and the uncut sheet.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:28:49 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 03:09:24 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Some people just like to ask questions, without reading through what's been said already. It makes some seem like they're on topic, while (maybe) trying to boost their post count.
One issue is one person will have twenty posts in one thread. It gets hard to get through there loquacious nature.

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 05:42:39 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Acceptable reason. But not when the answer was only a few posts before your question.

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Here are the latest images i have posted on our facebook page.

Second look at the sleeve:

Dead-Man's Hand

It's almost time...

Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 09:00:41 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Looks beautiful. Its a true work of art.
Photographing those must be fun with the whole theme.  ???

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
It really is!  I need to get my hands on an old revolver. i'll have access to one when I shoot a few decks and uncut sheets,  but it'd be nice to have one for a good photo session

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
It really is!  I need to get my hands on an old revolver. i'll have access to one when I shoot a few decks and uncut sheets,  but it'd be nice to have one for a good photo session
That would be awesome! I'm really into photography, so when I order the Americana deck, I will probably take it for a photo shoot somewhere. Its a fun deck for many uses!

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 11:26:07 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Pls take a video !! i bet other will also like to see the process of it

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I'll repost this here for anyone who is interested...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1017676492/americana-playing-card-deck/posts/193930

Update #15: Good news everyone!
[/size]Well, after a few hiccups* I got some great news from the good folks at USPCC/Bicycle.  The tuck-boxes have been printed and the cards should be printing in a week!  I am looking to get them in and ready to send out in the first week of April. 

[/size]Amazingly, I have 29 people who have not sent in their survey. Your pledge reward can not be sent if I don't have your address.  If you havent filled out your survey or if you didn't get one please send me a PM through Kickstarter and we'll get you squared away.

[/size]On the same note: I'll be handing over the shipping info to the distribution company in a few days. If you have moved or plan on moving by mid-April please send me your new mailing address ASAP.  I will be personally mailing rewards for anyone who is getting anything custom such as a deck or uncut shot with a gun. Those rewards will be sent out a week later as I need a bit of practice shooting so I don't look like a wimp on camera!

[/size]Remember to check out my Facebook page, and be my friend!  I have been giving away uncut sheets and other prizes the past few weeks and I'll be giving away some more stuff soon! Check it out here...www.facebook.com/circlecitycardco 

[/size]As always, thank you and if you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM on Kickstarter or email me directly russell@circlecitycards.com

[/size]* - Remember the pictures of the prototype deck I got in early February?  I got an email from USPCC's legal dept 2 weeks ago saying that the Bicycle logo on the front was not in compliance with their rules.  They sent me this email over a month after they approved the artwork. I had to scramble and fix it without compromising the artistic integrity. Luckily, I am paranoid about losing my artwork and I save multiple versions of my files in various stages and got the revised artwork back to them the next day.  I love Bicycle and they make the best cards in the world. I understand that that's part of mass scale manufacturing, and I'm glad they came to me instead of just changing it with their (talented) in-house artists.  BTW, here is what I had to change on the front, in case anyone was wondering.

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Wow, I think the revised version looks much better! Do you mind telling us what their problem was with the original?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
it needed the darker outline around the word and more of a gold color outline around the whole thing.

-----edit-----

I like the way the revised came out too, i think having the darker outline (most decks have it) looks better.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:15:52 PM by Russell CircleCityCards »

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Wow. Looks absolutely FANTASTIC!

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I, too, enjoyed the later. The contrast it creates appeals to me more than the previous one.

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 10:35:32 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
I have been waiting for this deck! I wonder what would be the handling like. I hope it wont be like E's 1800 decks.

When will this deck be released? June?

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 11:53:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have been waiting for this deck! I wonder what would be the handling like. I hope it wont be like E's 1800 decks.

I'm guessing you missed the part in the update where he mentioned mid-April deliveries...

It won't handle like the OLD Series 1800 decks, but it will handle like the new Red Series 1800 from the latter half of last year - seeing as how they're both using Magic Finish.  E calls it Performance Coating, but it's the same thing.

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2012, 06:06:14 AM »

jhayel84

• True Member

I'm guessing you missed the part in the update where he mentioned mid-April deliveries...

It won't handle like the OLD Series 1800 decks, but it will handle like the new Red Series 1800 from the latter half of last year - seeing as how they're both using Magic Finish.  E calls it Performance Coating, but it's the same thing.

I missed the kickstarter pledge. So these will be released on mid april on the website as well?

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2012, 11:26:50 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I missed the kickstarter pledge. So these will be released on mid april on the website as well?

Did you look here yet?
http://www.CircleCityCards.com/order.php

Looks like pre-orders on the site are coming very soon.  Kickstarters ship first.  I think he's doing Kickstarter retailers after the individual sales.  Then he'll ship website pre-orders, then current orders, then sold out.  (I make it sound so easy, don't I?)  :))

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2012, 01:21:11 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Too easy! :)

Yeah, Kickstarter's are going out first by a distribution company... Then pre-sales... Then current.

There wont be a long wait this time for anyone who orders from our site, the kinks have been ironed!

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2012, 03:49:06 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
is there any way we can get the sleeve ??

« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2012, 05:22:25 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@hawjinjan... I'm not sure if it's a language barrier, but this question has been answered more than once and it was addressed after you asked it the first time... feel free to re-read the post and get the answer to your question... Were you looking for a different answer than you received last time?

« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
just trying to know roughly when he will sell the sleeves