Bicycle Americana Deck

Author (Read 39789 times)

Re: Bicycle Americana Deck
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2012, 11:55:12 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2012, 12:05:20 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Looks great. Very nice. I guess it will be the first of numerous kickstarter decks I will receive. You have done it, started to restore my faith in kickstarter. Are you mailing my package first or were you going to hand deliver it to me. I do not want you going too overboard. I am glad to see all your hard work has come to this. :D

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2012, 12:32:36 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I'm glad to hear they have arrived in good condition and everything has turned out for the better in the end. To some more releases by CCC!
Cheers!

« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Those really do look great  :D
I love looking at the box but what we really want to see are the cards  :P even though I know they will look absolutely amazing! I'm glad that these decks have finally arrived and I hope to get my hands on some soon.

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I'll have pics of the cards up soon.

I have had a handful of people asking to see the seal better, so here you go!  It's based off an old tax stamp I found while doing research for this deck.  Apparently, Theory 11 saw the same image as I did, and used it as a basis for their new deck too!

« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
That seal looks great. I am glad there is research going into customs seals. Many decks stay sealed now and days, so custom seals add to the beauty. Great job Russell! As for T11, the Rebels deck should be significantly different from yours, so there should not be any kind of crossing there. Awesome looking deck, can't wait to fan an Americana!
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2012, 04:48:46 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I wasn't trying to imply they were doing anything like mine, I was just mentioning the similar style in deck seals.

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Hey Russell

I just sent you a message through Kickstarter.

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I like what I am seeing in regards to the throwback styles coming out. The Americana could be pioneering something here.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2012, 11:38:40 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'll have pics of the cards up soon.

I have had a handful of people asking to see the seal better, so here you go!  It's based off an old tax stamp I found while doing research for this deck.  Apparently, Theory 11 saw the same image as I did, and used it as a basis for their new deck too!

I love this seal - though that choice of typeface is more like something from the Art Deco era!  No matter, I'm sure that Americanas were "still being printed then" as well...  :))

My silent partner is becoming less and less silent - when do you estimate the decks will be out and in the hands of backers, both large-scale like me and small-scale like the one- and two-deck rewards?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Silent partner, don? What are you cooking up?

When can we expect to see dice pics?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2012, 03:02:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Silent partner, don? What are you cooking up?

When can we expect to see dice pics?

It's not exactly a secret: one of my co-workers learned you could make money selling cards and we backed the Americana for a gross of decks.  They'll be for sale here soon.  He put up the cash, I put up the brains and sweat, we split the profits.

« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
I was wondering is the brick with the sleeve going to be a separate item on the store or would it be like first come first served? I'd like to get one, but I probably wouldn't order a whole brick unless I'd know for sure I'd be getting the sleeve.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:18:51 PM by rainking187 »

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2012, 02:20:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I was wondering is the brick with the sleeve going to be a separate item on the store or would it be like first come first served? I'd like to get one, but I probably wouldn't order a whole brick unless I'd know for sure I'd be getting the sleeve.

I think those sleeves are just the standard brick box he had created for the deck.  Lance Miller charged a premium for the fancy brick box he got for the Actuators, but it had a lot to do with the premium cost to him of having them made.  To the best of my knowledge, Russell hasn't made any comments about charging extra for the "purty box".  :))

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2012, 02:41:19 AM »

rainking187

• True Member

I think those sleeves are just the standard brick box he had created for the deck.  Lance Miller charged a premium for the fancy brick box he got for the Actuators, but it had a lot to do with the premium cost to him of having them made.  To the best of my knowledge, Russell hasn't made any comments about charging extra for the "purty box".  :))

He posted earlier in the thread that he's only having twenty of them made , so I was under the impression they were pretty limited. It would be great if they ended up being the standard brick box though.

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2012, 04:16:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

He posted earlier in the thread that he's only having twenty of them made , so I was under the impression they were pretty limited. It would be great if they ended up being the standard brick box though.

Oh, well.  I'm more interested in what inside the box, anyway...

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Hey guys,

I had a death in the family yesterday so I wont be on much today through Wednesday.  I'll answer a few questions and comments in the thread...

1.  The standard brick boxes for the Americana cards are white.  I have 20 being made at a printer right now that will be given away over the next month or so.  5 go here to you guys, 5 on facebook, 5 to orders of 12 decks or more from the site, and 5 to random kickstarter backers.

2.  I just talked to the production manager at the shipping facility, he said things are still on track for delivery, right now it looks to be a May 1st start.

3.  I've secured a place to shoot the decks and uncut sheets, pictures and video to follow afterwards.

Thanks everyone, I'll be back soon.
- Russell

« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I am sorry to hear about the death. I don't understand what you mean by the brick boxes being white though. If someone could explain it to me it would be nice.

« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I am sorry to hear about the death. I don't understand what you mean by the brick boxes being white though. If someone could explain it to me it would be nice.

Russell, my condolences on your loss.

Nathan, there will be twenty of the special custom brick boxes. The remainder will be standard while boxes you see everywhere else.  One will not get to ask for one but will receive one randomly or not at all.

« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2012, 05:45:14 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
sorry to hear about the death .. just wondering for the kickstarter one will it be sent to any people who pledge for it ?? or only for people who pledge 12 deck or more and will people who pledge for $1 also get a chance to get the brick box

« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2012, 06:35:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
just wondering for the kickstarter one will it be sent to any people who pledge for it ?? or only for people who pledge 12 deck or more and will people who pledge for $1 also get a chance to get the brick box

Hawjinjian, when you go to the store and buy 0.25 liters of juice, do they sell it to you in a 3-liter bottle?  When you buy 1 kg of rice, does it come in a 10-kg sack?  If you buy a single candy bar, does it come in a six-pack box?  :))

I'd think that common sense would dictate that someone who orders less than a dozen decks doesn't get them shipped in a dozen-deck brick box...and someone who only pledged a buck, who didn't actually order anything at all and thus is not expecting a shipment of anything, will NOT get a brick box...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:39:40 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
The Americana decks are available for purchase on our website...www.circlecitycards.com
We will begin shipping them out on Tuesday in the order they were received. This is going to be a huge release and we anticipate them going quick from our site. Secure yours today! Thanks everyone!
We are having a fulfillment company send out all of the Kickstarter rewards. They will begin shipments on Tuesday also and should have all 1,000+ orders out in a couple days!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:05:56 AM by Russell CircleCityCards »

« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
do you plan to have any packages that sell one of each deck? I only saw one selling a brick (4 of each decks), but considering shipping and all it's abit expensive for us international buyers... would love to get my hands on each of your decks (:
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2012, 11:52:50 AM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
do you plan to have any packages that sell one of each deck? I only saw one selling a brick (4 of each decks), but considering shipping and all it's abit expensive for us international buyers... would love to get my hands on each of your decks (:

I am a little frustrated by the way things are being run by these guys, I emailed them back before the Brimstones were even sold out if there would be a package to get 1 of each deck and they told me there would be. Not only that but they said they would make an announcement when the Brimstone deck was almost sold out. Neither of these things happened. I am very annoyed by these guys at this point, I wanted to pick up all of these decks but now I'm considering not getting any and just not bothering with future CCC products. If they had just been honest and upfront with me from the beginning I wouldn't have any qualms, hell I would have just bought a Brimstone while it was in stock and picked up the others when they became available. I just don't like how it too often feels they are telling me what I want to hear rather than the truth.

« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Eyeball, everything will be ok.

The three deck package will be on the site soon.  We are in the process of upgrading the site and right now we don't have the room.  Also, the brimstone will be available too, we are tackling one thing at a time now.