Value Jaqk first edition

Author (Read 3228 times)

Value Jaqk first edition
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys,
Does anybody know the value of the 2 deck set of original jaqk cellars v1 playing cards with red and gold seal?
Thanks

Re: Value Jaqk first edition
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 10:44:15 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
http://www.the1eyedjack.com/servlet/the-431/1st-Ed.-Original-JAQK/Detail

i think the price is quite reasonable

The out of stock- price can't say anything about market price.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Do you think the price could be higher than 50 dollar for one set of 2 decks?

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
http://jaqkcellars.com/stuff-jaqk-cellars-merchandise/signature-playing-cards
9.00$ per deck from the original website. I don't believe they are sold out.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
No these are the jaqk cellars from theory11.

Before Theory11 reprinted them, they sold they're decks. These where one-way backed and had gold en red seals. The ones they're selling now are the theory11 decks.

PS: I think they have a shipping cost from this website, but I could be wrong. I'm welling to get a set of these original decks with seals, but not sure how much to pay for them...

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 06:38:31 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:

Before Theory11 reprinted them, they sold they're decks. These where one-way backed and had gold en red seals. The ones they're selling now are the theory11 decks.

PS: I think they have a shipping cost from this website, but I could be wrong. I'm welling to get a set of these original decks with seals, but not sure how much to pay for them...
These are actually 1-way backs, so I don't think they are the T11 ones. Compare:
http://www.theory11.com/playingcards/jaqk-cellars-playing-cards.php

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 06:48:23 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I've asked them which one they were selling, and they promised me these where the same as Theory11. I can assure you I asked explicitly if there was any difference, and they say there weren't. These are also cellophane wrapped. The first edition made by them wasn't. There was a red or gold seal. But they don't sell these any more... From what I heared and asked...

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member

These are actually 1-way backs, so I don't think they are the T11 ones. Compare:
http://www.theory11.com/playingcards/jaqk-cellars-playing-cards.php

There's nothing to compare because the box in the T11 link is the same as the box in the JAQK link. I think Simonart is right about the original JAQK's having gold and red seals.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I think I just found a value for these:

JAQK Set - SGD70/set (one Original JAQK Cellar + one T11 JAQK Cellar) *NEW*

Assuming T11 ones go for 15 dollars

1 deck of originals go for:
40 dollars per deck. Is this a good value you guys think?

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Let me attempt to help here...

there are three versions of the jaqk cellars. The original set which had red and gold seals, these are the rare ones. Then their were the theory 11 reprints as well as the ones on the jaqk website right now.

You have the first edition. Personally I think a fair price for example on Ebay would be a buy it now price of 85 And a starting bid at like 65.

The ones with the seals were on the 1 eyed jack for a very short time before they sold out like really fast. So I think those prices like said before shouldn't really factor in. so those are my price suggestions

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 01:59:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Let me attempt to help here...

there are three versions of the jaqk cellars. The original set which had red and gold seals, these are the rare ones. Then their were the theory 11 reprints as well as the ones on the jaqk website right now.

You have the first edition. Personally I think a fair price for example on Ebay would be a buy it now price of 85 And a starting bid at like 65.

The ones with the seals were on the 1 eyed jack for a very short time before they sold out like really fast. So I think those prices like said before shouldn't really factor in. so those are my price suggestions

You are correct in saying the originals were the only ones to have deck seals.  And it's worth noting that the deck seal colors have nothing to do with the cards in the box - they're identical.

It would not surprise me to find out that the current JAQK Cellars deck is indeed the T11 version.  There's no seal and it looks identical.  T11 has done things like this before, reprinting a deck without announcing it anywhere and releasing them for sale by other retailers rather than their own site.  I have Propaganda decks that were printed both in Cincinnati and Erlanger.  My Black Stingers are Erlanger-made, despite the fact that the first release occurred before the move to that plant.  I made an inquiry with T11 customer service about this once and I was told that it's fairly common for them to do this.

Somewhere in here there's a topic on Propaganda decks that discusses this more.  It might even be in the form of a question, asking about Propaganda v2.  I did contact them originally to inquire about v2 and asked if the Erlanger decks were the v2 design, and they let it slip that the Erlanger decks were simply an "new printing" of the deck (bizarre that they wouldn't sell it on their own site, but whatever) and that Propaganda v2 would be a full-on redesign of the originals.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 03:48:11 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I have a JAQK cellars deck V2 (the reprint from TH11) and I ordered a deck recently from JAQK cellars directly. Let me confirm the fact....they are the exact same deck. I think JAQK cellars just reprinted their own deck and TH11 just purchased some from them....or helped them in developing it. Either way, if anyone is looking for a JAQK cellars V2 deck just order from the JAQK website or actually just get their phone # from the website and give them a ring. They will give you better shipping options over the phone!

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 05:17:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have a JAQK cellars deck V2 (the reprint from TH11) and I ordered a deck recently from JAQK cellars directly. Let me confirm the fact....they are the exact same deck. I think JAQK cellars just reprinted their own deck and TH11 just purchased some from them....or helped them in developing it. Either way, if anyone is looking for a JAQK cellars V2 deck just order from the JAQK website or actually just get their phone # from the website and give them a ring. They will give you better shipping options over the phone!

Do either of those two decks have a Theory11 logo on them?  If yes, T11 designed it and JAQK is reselling it.  If no, then it likely is a redo from the winery and T11 resold them much as they did with the Brown Wynns.

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 05:42:22 AM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Do either of those two decks have a Theory11 logo on them?  If yes, T11 designed it and JAQK is reselling it.  If no, then it likely is a redo from the winery and T11 resold them much as they did with the Brown Wynns.

No they haven't. But I still think that T11 redisigned it, but that the company just didn't want T11 to put their logo on them. Or something like that.

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

No they haven't. But I still think that T11 redisigned it, but that the company just didn't want T11 to put their logo on them. Or something like that.

Well, no matter how you slice it, T11's sold out deck is the same as the winery's current deck.  And since T11's been known to reprint decks that were sold out and sell them to retailers, it's likely a case of "buy more, we'll make more".  It's stupid that they market their decks like this - they're not fooling me about the fact.  Only newbies would think all of their "sold out" decks are in fact out of print as well.

Not that there's anything wrong with newbies - we were all there once.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:22:00 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I highly dought they reprint is "from Theory11".  It would be alot more likely that T11 bought some decks from the Jaqk company and the deck is simply a V2 after they sold all their V1's. It was merely made popular by T11.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 01:24:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I highly dought they reprint is "from Theory11".  It would be alot more likely that T11 bought some decks from the Jaqk company and the deck is simply a V2 after they sold all their V1's. It was merely made popular by T11.

That is a distinct possibility.  I'd call it the likeliest scenario.

I just re-checked the T11 page for this deck.  Nowhere do they mention that they manufactured or designed it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:34:25 AM by Don Boyer »