You are Here:
ACTUATORS UNCUTS PRICE DROP

Author (Read 1132 times)

ACTUATORS UNCUTS PRICE DROP
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:26:53 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME, LANCE HAS DROPPED THE PRICE OF HIS ACTUATOR UNCUTS FROM $95 TO $65. THIS IS A VERY GOOD DEAL. ONLY 100 WERE EVER MADE. HERE IS THE LINK; http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=303594366389426&set=a.261032277312302.61460.258906757524854&type=1&theater

http://lancemillerdecks.com/bicycle-artists-edition-actuators---uncut-sheets
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:19:19 AM by Don Boyer »
Magical as Sin!

Re: [ SALE ] ACTUATORS UNCUTS PRICE DROP
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 11:45:44 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
the price is nice .. but despite that the price is still pretty high

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 11:47:35 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
With only 100 made and how artistic this uncut is...I would say the price is more than reasonable...could be $250 right? Once they are gone, the price will go way up like everything else.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 11:51:14 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
@sindandman  Are you a rep. from Lance Miller?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:58:28 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
that is what i am thinking !! he has alot of update on lance t miller item

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:04:39 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I think of it like this...Lance is one of the top designers if not the top. In order for us to see what he makes next, his current products have to sell. I mean his decks are amazing, who would not want to see what is next? That and he is always accessible to his supporters. That cannot be said about most designers. Right?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 12:18:27 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Just because an uncut sheet is limited does not mean the prices has to be hiked up. Although it gives incentive, it doesn't always necessarily has to happen. Most limited deck released from companies, although they're limited, still go for average prices. Take the Red Artifices, Smoke & Mirrors, and Crown decks for example. Although they are limited, companies still choose to sell them at average prices to retain customers. It's the after-market prices that suck! Although some companies choose to hike up their prices, such as Zenneth Kok and his New Fan Backs, that is their choosing. Some might say that uncut sheets are a whole different story. Well, to those people I say, "Look at Russell." His Brimestone deck had only about 35 uncut sheets available. However, he still kept the prices of those sheets at a minimum of $40. I would know because I bought one.

I wouldn't really think Lance needed a representative. I mean, the man is pretty much self-made. All his advertisement comes from his deck, popularity, and social media outlet. But, hey, you may never know.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Just because an uncut sheet is limited does not mean the prices has to be hiked up...

I wouldn't really think Lance needed a representative. I mean, the man is pretty much self-made. All his advertisement comes from his deck, popularity, and social media outlet. But, hey, you may never know.

Kpop, you are entirely right. Just because it's limited doesn't mean the price has to go up, but there are several extenuating factors that drive the cost of a product. Craftsmanship is a key point all to often overlooked when people are considering buying an uncut sheet. When you buy an uncut sheet from E or D&D what are you buying? A unique back design but all the same old standard faces everyone they have been selling you forever. I shouldn't need to be defending my prices, but the problem is the big companies have had you all buying uncut sheets for so long that only have a unique back and maybe an AoS or Joker customized and it has trained you to expect that lower cost. My products are pure art and highly collectible products, 350 hours of illustration is no joke; It's my very livelihood. Moreover, those same companies are raking in money from way more than just an uncut sheet so they can afford to be lower with their pricing. I have said it a few times, but it bears repeating: This deck and the uncut sheets accompanying it was one of the most expensive custom decks ever printed at the USPCC (their words not mine). As such, that means my products will cost more. At some point, I will be going to more quantity and lower prices but I need to get there, and I can't do that by giving away my art for less than it's worth. We all know what D&D Smoke and Mirrors are worth... consider what my cards might be worth 10 years from now when I get to that level.

It may seem frustrating and it may seem like I'm trying to gouge people because all you see is a big price, but the funny part is I am barely breaking even on the Actuators. There are a lot of unexpected costs that come from launching a deck, much less growing into a company. I can get to the next level by charging the prices I've set forth. I can get to a great point where prices are fair all across the board but it comes from the support of people who appreciate the product and want to get to that next stage with me. That is the legacy that I'm building: a community centered around the ability to expect quality decks, with awesome artwork, and fair pricing as well as teaching magic and cardistry to the masses so that we all grow together.

As always, buy what you prefer, no one is trying to twist your arm to buy my products. However, I am concerned about making sure that everyone is well educated about the difference between my cards and the rest of the market.

- Lance

P.S. Brandon is not a rep. (No one is yet) but he is very passionate about my products and cares deeply that they sell, because he really wants to see the new decks that I am working on. Perhaps someday I will be able to hire people like him, that care as much about my cards as I do, but until then, I am happy to have the assistance that he has offered in helping me get the word out. If any of you wish to help spread the word, I will be eternally grateful. I am only one man after all, and there is much to be done.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:09:44 PM by lancetmiller »

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 01:18:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks for that passionate speech, Lance.

Guys, unless sinsandman is actually selling the uncut sheets himself, this conversation DOES NOT BELONG on the STISO board.  I'm fixing the title and moving it to the PCP.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: ACTUATORS UNCUTS PRICE DROP
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Thanks for the correction, Don. Glad we have mods to keep things sorted out.

Well said Lance. I do hope people understand what was said. I am sure they will, as this is a fairly intelligent community. So, let's just keep supporting the real artists who don't rehash old designs. I know, I know, "black and white Actuators"....but we all insisted on the decks, so Lance made them. Other than that, I am sure we will not see Gargoyles V2.
Magical as Sin!