« on: May 04, 2012, 06:35:47 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Ellusionist posted this on Facebook

"Remember these? You should.
Come Tuesday, you might just be able to get your hands on one... or 1,000. How? Stay tuned..."

If they really are going to put these up for sale... wouldn't that screw anyone who had to buy a bunch of product to get 1?

CBJ
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:06:44 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: LTD sale at Ellusionist??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 06:48:35 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I really don't think they'd put these up for sale. But they may have a promotion where if you spend a certain amount, you can get them.

Although, didn't they say that these would only be available during that holiday time?

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Last November... Ellusionist wrote...

"The Ltd. Deck will only be available between Nov. 22nd and Dec 31st, ONLY as a Free Gift in the $150 tier or Contest Giveaway Prize"

and

"they will ONLY be available as a gift at $150 level from Nov 22nd - Dec 31st 2011. After that, gone forever."

and Marcus wrote...

"Any LTD decks left in the vault after the Holiday promotion is over will not be sold, and not be destroyed. Contest prizes and perhaps any future promotions - there's no set plan and any wordings people might've seen earlier is not set in stone."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:06:32 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
A company changing it's mind? Unthinkable!

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:45:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It could simply be that they're announcing a new contest and that the Ltd. deck is the prize.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:57:53 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
But 1000 LTD's? What kind of contest is this? I've never seen anything like it. More or less, I like it.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
I agree with you guys... unless E has been abducted by aliens and truned their brains into mush and mind controlled them to place the LTDs on sale.

But in all honesty I highly doubt they will put it on sale. Promo, giveaway, contests are our best bets.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 11:34:49 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i knew it !! there were think of way to get ltd on the market .. during that period when LTD deck were available as a free gift , my friend and i were talking about they were going to sell it or something like that since they cant keep the remaining LTD for themself ( and we think that the remaining might be around 1000 to 2000)

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 12:07:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
i knew it !! there were think of way to get ltd on the market .. during that period when LTD deck were available as a free gift , my friend and i were talking about they were going to sell it or something like that since they cant keep the remaining LTD for themself ( and we think that the remaining might be around 1000 to 2000)

Based on comments I heard from E staff regarding the holiday season giveaways, I'd be shocked if there were 2000 of ANY of their rare decks remaining.  There has to be closer to 1000, maybe 1500 on the outside.  As of last summer, they reported they had 1000 of BG1E and 4000 of Gold Arcane.  We know they have far less than 2000 Red Artifice, because they sold off 3000 of 5000 on the first day they were available.  The one deck they gave away the most of at the holidays was Ltd., and I was told there weren't many stocks remaining on any of their rare giveaway decks.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 02:40:25 AM »

frostchew

I doubt it would be a contest if they mentioned "you might just be able to get your hands on one... or 1,000". I think they are really going to put them up on sale. If that happens, the servers are going to have to brave a storm on Tuesday night, and the E team will be pelted with angry feedback from those who dished out big bucks to get the deck.

Or, it could be a first-come-first-serve giveaway contest. That doesn't go against what they said about what they were going to do with these decks..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:41:17 AM by frostchew »

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 02:45:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I doubt it would be a contest if they mentioned "you might just be able to get your hands on one... or 1,000". I think they are really going to put them up on sale. If that happens, the servers are going to have to brave a storm on Tuesday night, and the E team will be pelted with angry feedback from those who dished out big bucks to get the deck.

Or, it could be a first-come-first-serve giveaway contest. That doesn't go against what they said about what they were going to do with these decks..

I'm thinking some kind of contest.  There's no way one person would buy up a thousand decks at once like that!  Except perhaps an eccentric billionaire.

I'm thinking they're going to blow out their entire remaining stock of Ltd. in one massive giveaway contest - one lucky bastard will walk off with a thousand decks, many others will win something more like bricks or individual decks, and none will be left when the dust settles.

This could mean they're making room in the lineup for a new rare deck...

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen

Based on comments I heard from E staff regarding the holiday season giveaways, I'd be shocked if there were 2000 of ANY of their rare decks remaining.  There has to be closer to 1000, maybe 1500 on the outside.  As of last summer, they reported they had 1000 of BG1E and 4000 of Gold Arcane.  We know they have far less than 2000 Red Artifice, because they sold off 3000 of 5000 on the first day they were available.  The one deck they gave away the most of at the holidays was Ltd., and I was told there weren't many stocks remaining on any of their rare giveaway decks.
there were so many gold arcane promotion and there are still 4000 left ?? i do not think 2000 will be left .. i know the red artifice were sold out very fast but there were sold for a cheap price .. but ltd were only given away as a gift for people who spent $150 and i do not think there will be 3000+ people who spent 150

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 11:32:27 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I didn't get any LTD's at their sale, so I am not feeling f___ed by E. I think they will be giving 1 person the opportunity of getting any number between 1 and 1,000 through a contest with only 1 winner.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 11:43:19 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
I didn't get any LTD's at their sale, so I am not feeling f___ed by E. I think they will be giving 1 person the opportunity of getting any number between 1 and 1,000 through a contest with only 1 winner.
that impossible .. that way the chance of winning are 1/1000!!

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 11:49:11 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
that impossible .. that way the chance of winning are 1/1000!!
Well I'm thinking that there will be 1 winner, and that winner will randomly be given any number of LTDs between 1 and 1000.

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular
  • "Heres to those actually in the arena..."

• Facebook:
Well i was feeling awesome that i won a brick of them during the holiday contest. But now someone will get 1000 haha they will have the market for LTD's for a looonnnggg time.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Well i was feeling awesome that i won a brick of them during the holiday contest. But now someone will get 1000 haha they will have the market for LTD's for a looonnnggg time.
Hey, I would kill for a brick of LTD's! That's 900$ worth. And 1,000 is 75,000$ worth. You could sell them for 10$ each and if you sell all of them you would have enough money to buy 2 of each deck produced since 2004... WOW!

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
I would definitely like to get my hands on some LTDs! Have to see what they have in mind though.. If it's another one of their promotions like the GA, probably won't be able to get it. But if its a contest....  ;)

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 02:29:32 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
You guys are assuming too much and some of you already blaming E for mistakes they haven't made. Calm down, wait and see. ::)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 05:41:52 PM »

vmagic

Guys calm down, there's no way they are giving one person 1000 decks, they are not that generous.

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 11:38:37 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

there were so many gold arcane promotion and there are still 4000 left ?? i do not think 2000 will be left .. i know the red artifice were sold out very fast but there were sold for a cheap price .. but ltd were only given away as a gift for people who spent $150 and i do not think there will be 3000+ people who spent 150

You didn't read the post you quoted, did you?  At least not carefully.  I stated that as of last summer, they stated in the blog that they had 1000 BG1E and 4000 Gold Arcane.  Shortly after that blog post, they had the Red Artifice sale, which brought them from 5000 to 2000 in a single 24-hour period.

With all the promotions since then, the numbers of these decks are dwindling.  Someone from E (I think Marcus) mentioned that they had little stock left on all of their rare decks after the holidays.

This is why I suspect they're going to blow the rest of the LTDs out in a whopper of a giveaway - they're making room for a new rare deck in the lineup.  And I think it's not so coincidental that the offer/contest/whatever is on the same night as the grand opening of HOPC...

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 11:59:25 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
And I think it's not so coincidental that the offer/contest/whatever is on the same night as the grand opening of HOPC...
When asked on their Facebook page, they said it had nothing to do with HOPC and BC. They said it didn't have anything to do with that company, so I'm guessing it'll be a partnership with another company, maybe D&D?

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
And I think it's not so coincidental that the offer/contest/whatever is on the same night as the grand opening of HOPC...
When asked on their Facebook page, they said it had nothing to do with HOPC and BC. They said it didn't have anything to do with that company, so I'm guessing it'll be a partnership with another company, maybe D&D?
I can't see E associating themselves with any other company, They are easily the biggest magic company. Why bring on more competition?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
That doesn't even make sense, how could the coincidence between E and TBC mean something between E and D&D? :-\
We're probably just overthinking it, E says it's a coincidence so let's just take it as such for now.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 12:33:26 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Here's what they said:
"Wrong company guys. We've got nothing to do with HOPC.
-Jake"
So I assumed that they meant that this release had nothing to do with TBC but by "Wrong company" they meant it was a partnership with another company, just not TBC. Idk. I am probably jumping to conclusions.