Magic Con Deck V2 Uncut Sheets

Author (Read 9879 times)

Re: Magic Con Deck V2 Uncut Sheets
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2012, 02:44:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
A signed deck doesn't usually sell for a high premium - but most signed decks are signed by the designer.

A new uncut really sells for more like $30 these days, at least for most decks.

The Blaine clips were mostly made of more exotic leathers/hides than what D&D were using.  His cheapest, at $150, also came with a card packet holder, which would put them in line with what D&D charged for basic leather.

We're not talking about exotic leathers when we talk about the uncut sheet from MCv2.  It's just a piece of pasteboard, printed in a colorful way and autographed by many magicians that are well-known in magic circles - but that the average stranger on the street would never have heard of, except David Blaine (and I STILL run in to people who don't know who he is!) and Jason Alexander (because he had a supporting role in a popular TV series).  It's seriously overpriced.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2012, 03:33:30 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Everyone, if you want to get cards signed by famous magicians, contact them on their website or facebook and they will give you an adress to ship it to to be signed. FOR FREE, except you include return postage. Costs a little bit less than $5/ signature.

Well Aaron, that's not really possible most of the time. Out of all the signatures I've collected, I have no where near the prestige of the signatures of that sheet. Sure I have the occasional lucky ones, such as Lee Asher, Zenneth Kok, and various, but I doubt I will ever have enough signatures from the "A-Ranked Magicians" on that sheet. When collecting signatures, I've learned that half of the time, the magicians do not respond. I've only been able to collect signatures by actually talking to the magicians rarely. From Lee Asher, I didn't talk to him, I just received his signature from a promotion he was offering. Also, if you are able to have direct contact with the magician, sometimes, they still won't allow you to send cards to sign because they are touring, such as Shin Lim. Even though I am serious about collecting signed cards, I only have about 3 signatures in my collection. Another factor is that sometimes, you can't find their contact information. Some magicians do not have websites or even a fanpage. Take Piff, the Magic Dragon, for example. Am I supposed to send a card with a return envelope to a cave, hoping to find him, or maybe the jungle, with the monkeys, because, you know, he loves bananas. If magicians do have a contact link, sometimes they are too busy to fulfill your request. After all my ranting, the main lesson here Aaron is that obtaining signed cards from any magic personnel is a lot harder than your think. It's not just get their address and send them a card with a return envelope, it's much more complex.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2012, 03:48:30 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Everyone, if you want to get cards signed by famous magicians, contact them on their website or facebook and they will give you an adress to ship it to to be signed. FOR FREE, except you include return postage. Costs a little bit less than $5/ signature.

Well Aaron, that's not really possible most of the time. Out of all the signatures I've collected, I have no where near the prestige of the signatures of that sheet. Sure I have the occasional lucky ones, such as Lee Asher, Zenneth Kok, and various, but I doubt I will ever have enough signatures from the "A-Ranked Magicians" on that sheet. When collecting signatures, I've learned that half of the time, the magicians do not respond. I've only been able to collect signatures by actually talking to the magicians rarely. From Lee Asher, I didn't talk to him, I just received his signature from a promotion he was offering. Also, if you are able to have direct contact with the magician, sometimes, they still won't allow you to send cards to sign because they are touring, such as Shin Lim. Even though I am serious about collecting signed cards, I only have about 3 signatures in my collection. Another factor is that sometimes, you can't find their contact information. Some magicians do not have websites or even a fanpage. Take Piff, the Magic Dragon, for example. Am I supposed to send a card with a return envelope to a cave, hoping to find him, or maybe the jungle, with the monkeys, because, you know, he loves bananas. If magicians do have a contact link, sometimes they are too busy to fulfill your request. After all my ranting, the main lesson here Aaron is that obtaining signed cards from any magic personnel is a lot harder than your think. It's not just get their address and send them a card with a return envelope, it's much more complex.
It is actually quite easy, sure alot dont respond, but alot do, and more replied to me when I collected them than didn't. I have 26 signed cards, and alot more on their way back to me.  Sure someone like Piff is not easy to get one from at all, but is it worth $250?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:49:32 AM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2012, 03:51:48 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
250$???????????????????????... even with all the signatures, that's crazy! 100 would have been more reasonable!
This is even worse than the DB card clips. I really don't understand how they can do that to collectors.
$250 is very expensive .. i know and i would prefer it to be $100 .. but this is even worse than the DB card clips ?? are you serious , this is worst than the DB card clip ? the DB card clip were sold for $350 for god sake and a normal joe porper card clip will only $30 .. when dan and dave releases their leather card clip which were for sold for $90 and $120 alot people are going around saying there are overprice , but now david blaine are selling card clip for $350 and you think it better ?? The magic con uncut sheet will guarantee to have 38 signature .. and some will have 39 of them .. have you never wish to have your stuff signed by magicians ?? let count it this way .. $50 for a regular uncut sheet cost which mean the $200 is for the signature .. 200/38 one signature only roughly cost $5 .. for the spar deck a signed deck increase it value by $25 !!
I would not pay anywhere close to $5 a signature for these people.

Everyone, if you want to get cards signed by famous magicians, contact them on their website or facebook and they will give you an adress to ship it to to be signed. FOR FREE, except you include return postage. Costs a little bit less than $5/ signature
it does not cost a little bit less than $5 that impossible .. people who do not live in the usa etc the sending and returning wont cost only $5 .. and this is all sign at a uncut .. are you going to pay a uncut shipping cost ?? since there are 100% 38 signature does that mean you are going to send to all the magician 38 times and return which is a total of 76 .. and not all magician will sign on them .. the only person i know give autographed card for free are dan and dave and they also never collect shipping price from you .. 
A signed deck doesn't usually sell for a high premium - but most signed decks are signed by the designer.

A new uncut really sells for more like $30 these days, at least for most decks.

The Blaine clips were mostly made of more exotic leathers/hides than what D&D were using.  His cheapest, at $150, also came with a card packet holder, which would put them in line with what D&D charged for basic leather.

We're not talking about exotic leathers when we talk about the uncut sheet from MCv2.  It's just a piece of pasteboard, printed in a colorful way and autographed by many magicians that are well-known in magic circles - but that the average stranger on the street would never have heard of, except David Blaine (and I STILL run in to people who don't know who he is!) and Jason Alexander (because he had a supporting role in a popular TV series).  It's seriously overpriced.
uncut normally sell for $30 but for rare uncut they sell much higher ..

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2012, 03:58:54 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
250$???????????????????????... even with all the signatures, that's crazy! 100 would have been more reasonable!
This is even worse than the DB card clips. I really don't understand how they can do that to collectors.
$250 is very expensive .. i know and i would prefer it to be $100 .. but this is even worse than the DB card clips ?? are you serious , this is worst than the DB card clip ? the DB card clip were sold for $350 for god sake and a normal joe porper card clip will only $30 .. when dan and dave releases their leather card clip which were for sold for $90 and $120 alot people are going around saying there are overprice , but now david blaine are selling card clip for $350 and you think it better ?? The magic con uncut sheet will guarantee to have 38 signature .. and some will have 39 of them .. have you never wish to have your stuff signed by magicians ?? let count it this way .. $50 for a regular uncut sheet cost which mean the $200 is for the signature .. 200/38 one signature only roughly cost $5 .. for the spar deck a signed deck increase it value by $25 !!
I would not pay anywhere close to $5 a signature for these people.

Everyone, if you want to get cards signed by famous magicians, contact them on their website or facebook and they will give you an adress to ship it to to be signed. FOR FREE, except you include return postage. Costs a little bit less than $5/ signature
it does not cost a little bit less than $5 that impossible .. people who do not live in the usa etc the sending and returning wont cost only $5 .. and this is all sign at a uncut .. are you going to pay a uncut shipping cost ?? since there are 100% 38 signature does that mean you are going to send to all the magician 38 times and return which is a total of 76 .. and not all magician will sign on them .. the only person i know give autographed card for free are dan and dave and they also never collect shipping price from you .. 

I dont live in the USA, And I wasn't talking about sending an Uncut sheet, I think that it was pretty clear I am sending individual cards. If I, From Canada send someone in the USA 1 Card to sign, it ends up costing me just under $2.

I have done this, like said above I have 26 differnet signeed cards from doing that, I have them from Devo, Brad Christian, Jason Brumbalow, And many other magicians.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2012, 04:21:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
uncut normally sell for $30 but for rare uncut they sell much higher ..

That usually doesn't happen until the sheets are sold out.  MSRP on the majority of the uncut sheets out there was $29.95 when purchased from the same people who made the deck.  And that makes that $250 price tag all the more ridiculous.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/