You are Here:
500 Likes Contest Tier #2 Unlocked!

Author (Read 1363 times)

500 Likes Contest Tier #2 Unlocked!
« on: April 29, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
The http://facebook.com/lancemillerdecks page has hit 500 Likes and you all have unlocked Contest Tier 2!

The first contest / giveaway is up and running with plenty of time for everyone to get involved.

Most Major Contests will be available starting on Saturday at 11am and will end the following Friday at 9pm. This should allow ample time for people to participate. However, time-sensitive contests will be finished when they are finished. (Meaning: The first person to ______ will win... etc). The contests will be conducted on U.S. Central Standard Time (CST). There will still be spur of the moment contests that happen to pop into my head so hang around because you won't want to miss those either.

As always I would love your feedback about the contests I am running, thoughts on improvement, and interesting new contest ideas. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post your idea publicly.

Thanks guys! You, the community, are what make my decks special and I appreciate your input.

- Lance

Re: 500 Likes Contest Tier #2 Unlocked!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:01:24 PM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Hi Lance!

nice to hear that. I hope I win any of the new contests... think of your international friends wi English gaps :)

Best

Max

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Hi Lance. I like your contest but I'm not a huge fan of the whole sharing procedure. Would you be able to find another way for us to enter?

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi Lance. I like your contest but I'm not a huge fan of the whole sharing procedure. Would you be able to find another way for us to enter?

I can't say that I blame you too much on the sharing, but bear in mind he is trying to promote his playing cards.  You want something for free (a contest entry to win his product) and he wants something in return (you to tell you friends about his product).  You're probably telling them anyway, so why not just do it?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:

I can't say that I blame you too much on the sharing, but bear in mind he is trying to promote his playing cards.  You want something for free (a contest entry to win his product) and he wants something in return (you to tell you friends about his product).  You're probably telling them anyway, so why not just do it?
You're right. I don't know why, but I always feel kinda reluctant to enter contests where you are obligated to share a comment or video... I would rather promote his cards because I feel they deserve more attention than do it because it is an obligation. I do understand why LTM does it though.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:36:30 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Guys you're both right,

Which is why if you remember back to my original Contest Tier #1, I had a similar format. The goal with the first contest of any new tier will be to boost awareness through shares, and / or tags. The subsequent contests turn to trivia and chance, and then final round contests involve doing something or engaging with a puzzle in some sort of variation of an brain teaser.

Meanwhile there are always spur of the moment contests that pop into my head that are varied based on what I am doing at the moment.

Nathan I completely understand the reluctance to share based on an obligation to do so. I am the same way, but Facebook and social marketing are a double edged sword. As much as I hate the concept of forcing a share, it does grab other people's attention. For instance since we hit 500 and started the first contest there have already been 37 new Likes within the first two days. Contrast that to the previous 30 days that saw about 40 Likes total. I do like to grow organic results, but many people out there don't even know I exist. I hope that gives some insight into why I lead in with a "Share / Tag" type of procedure.

- Lance
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:53:04 AM by lancetmiller »

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 11:42:26 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Lance, check Kickstarter's PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 12:54:57 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Tier 2 / Contest #2 Just went live at 11:00am will you be the lucky winner this week? Only time will tell ;)

http://www.facebook.com/LanceMillerDecks

- Lance

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
congrats on 550 likes on your facebook page .. and i have entered your facebook contest

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 01:53:24 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Congrats on the achievement again Lance and once again thank you! Was one of the winner of the first contest and had some slight technical issue but Lance resolved it perfectly. Looking forward to supporting you more in the future!  :)

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 11:18:15 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Hey everyone!!! Lance is running a ridiculously easy contest to enter. Sick prize of course...but all you have to do is take a pic of a card display or flourish....That is it!  http://www.facebook.com/LanceMillerDecks  go to the site and enter for your chance to win a sick ass prize. Also...I just spoke with Lance and he told me that only 180 Artist Actuators are left....180!!! I know I am going to snatch some up before it is too late. This deck has a gaff card that has never been done before. I have used it in performance, and the effect is awesome. In addition, only 2000 Black and Whites are left...these haven't even been released and they are almost sold out. Do yourself a favor! :t11: :t11: :t11:
Magical as Sin!