You are Here:
Variety box v7

Author (Read 1481 times)

Variety box v7
« on: April 27, 2012, 05:14:40 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Since the variety box v6 have sold out and a v7 will definitely be out soon, lets discuss what you all think will be in the v7 for the time being and discuss about it when it is released  ;)

So guys go ahead and predict your 12 decks

Here's mine:
If an Octopus Could Palm Previous versions of some smoke and mirror?
Magic Con 2012
Smoke & Mirrors: v6 (probably even v7)
(not yet release deck)
Fulton's Chinatown
BeeĀ® Acorn Back: Black
Studs
Aladdin
Sentinels
Monarchs
Bee RJs Bee Stingers (Black)
Vintage Plaid
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:00:50 AM by Siegismyname »

Re: Variety box v7
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:16:50 AM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
That's a nice bunch of decks. What I don't like is that variety box contains only one color of both available of some decks...

I would add a tungstene deck! :D

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:52:33 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I do not think there would be a tungstene because only 1000 were printed for the artist's own personal use and dnd only got hold of a few hundred. They included them in 2 VB which makes that 144X2=288. plus they sold a few on their site. I do not think they are left with a lot to make another variety box, which was I excluded them from the list :) Feel free to come up with your own list.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:40:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Any speculation of this nature is just a way of killing time, really - they could make a brick of Maiden Backs and call it a day if they felt like it, and there's no set criteria for what they do and don't include.  The first one or two Variety Boxes had a genuinely good line-up - and the one-of-a-kind Vintage version was killer - but beyond that, they've been pretty blah.  At most they toss in one or two worthwhile and hard-to-obtain decks and the rest is filler.

IAOCP has been in a few boxes already.  I'm thinking they won't include it anymore.  MCv2 is practically guaranteed.  Bee "Watermelon" RJRTC decks are also not likely since they've appeared a few times before, to my memory.  If S&M v7 is out by then, it's a strong contender for a slot.  Aladdins have been in way too many of them, and Studs are a little too low-end; it would be like putting Standard Rider Backs in.  Sentinels are possible, since they're in re-release now.

New decks that might make an appearance:
Bicycle Americana
Ornate (when it releases)
Mana
Seasons (some will get Primavera, some will get Seronda)
BeDeceived Style
Bicycle Spectrum
the NOC deck (when it releases)

It would be nice to think they'd consider the Phoenix Apocalypse 2012 deck, but they've never added Card Shark decks before.  Pr1me could be a dark-horse contender for a space in the brick.

Don't expect more than perhaps three totally new decks.  It would be nice for them to surprise everyone, but don't count on it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:42:25 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:29:49 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Killing time is exactly what I wanted to do. Haha. I don't think any of the mentioned decks which are made by others will make it into their VB,although it would be awesome if there is. Their VB up till now have consisted of decks made by themselves, t11, db, CARC, the very occasional individual companies or person(tungstene), and still in print decks.

Come to think of it I think the IAOCP wouldn't be in it also. However I think the watermelons might be because every VB v6 had a red watermelon(unless I am wrong). And assuming dnd bought equal amounts of a particular deck and color(that's what I usually do), this one would feature a blue one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:30:59 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Killing time is exactly what I wanted to do. Haha. I don't think any of the mentioned decks which are made by others will make it into their VB,although it would be awesome if there is. Their VB up till now have consisted of decks made by themselves, t11, db, CARC, the very occasional individual companies or person(tungstene), and still in print decks.

Come to think of it I think the IAOCP wouldn't be in it also. However I think the watermelons might be because every VB v6 had a red watermelon(unless I am wrong). And assuming dnd bought equal amounts of a particular deck and color(that's what I usually do), this one would feature a blue one.

I have my reasons for the choices I made.  Not that I expect them to be accurate, but...  :)

Any RJRTC decks they have were after-market sales - they've been out of print for some time now.  There's never any assurances about them getting adequate or equal amounts of each color.  And are you SURE that all 144 VB v6 boxes had only the reds?  They usually stipulate that while deck choices are usually fixed, colors will vary if more than one is available.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Don, I have a quick question about your choices. When you said that you have your reasons, was that because you were told by those companies that D&D made large purchases  ;)

Just wondering.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

I have my reasons for the choices I made.  Not that I expect them to be accurate, but...  :)

Any RJRTC decks they have were after-market sales - they've been out of print for some time now.  There's never any assurances about them getting adequate or equal amounts of each color.  And are you SURE that all 144 VB v6 boxes had only the reds?  They usually stipulate that while deck choices are usually fixed, colors will vary if more than one is available.

I got my variety box with a blue watermelon

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, I have a quick question about your choices. When you said that you have your reasons, was that because you were told by those companies that D&D made large purchases  ;)

Just wondering.

You don't honestly think that D&D are revealing their sales figures and shopping patterns to ME, of all people, do you?  Y'know, the guy who's on their FB shit list?  :))  (hee hee hee)

I have my reasons.  They're as mysterious as a mentalism routine.  Leave it at that.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 09:26:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

Just wondering.

You don't honestly think that D&D are revealing their sales figures and shopping patterns to ME, of all people, do you?  Y'know, the guy who's on their FB shit list?  :))  (hee hee hee)

I have my reasons.  They're as mysterious as a mentalism routine.  Leave it at that.

Haha ok. I didn't think that they would reveal it to you, but I was thinking maybe Erik Mana or Collin Stover might have told you that the Bucks made a larger purchase from them. Whatever though, it's no big deal.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 12:42:56 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

I got my variety box with a blue watermelon
guess i was wrong. i will amend my new guesses. hehhe. btw i just opened my v6 and they handle nice. smoke and mirrors indeed.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:02:29 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 08:33:29 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I believe this VB will be launched before S&M v7. Here are some guesses:
- Tungstene
- Monarchs
- Arrco
- Bee Premium
- Some old T11 deck
- Some old D&D deck
- IAOCP
- MC v2
- S&M v6
- A new deck.