Re: NEW DECK- Bicycle "mystery" Deck
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 09:41:39 AM »

securechanger

Look good  :D

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I would have really liked if they came in red and blue but the red still looks very nice. The price isn't bad and the quality should be good.
George says that he will consider printing them in blue if these are a success in red.

Welcome to the forums!

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
BMPOKER...

Will you be carrying these??

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 01:10:27 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
It's time to update the title of this thread.  :t11:
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

Re: NEW DECK -- Bicycle All Wheel Back No.2
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

Welcome to the world of playing card Securechanger !!
I know you very well :P

Re: NEW DECK -- Bicycle All Wheel Back No.2
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
NOW AVAILABLE: Bicycle All Wheel Back No. 2!
http://deckso.com/

Re: NEW DECK -- Bicycle All Wheel Back No.2 - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Here is my review for the deck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjaqvVbRzw8&feature=youtu.be
I do realize it is very long, but I had little time to edit it or re-film it.
Enjoy!

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 11:49:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Enjoy!

Bloody hell, that was quick...  Did you get them teleported to you?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 11:56:39 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Enjoy!

Bloody hell, that was quick...  Did you get them teleported to you?
Haha no, I actually got those a week ago for review.

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 12:41:52 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Nice Review Nathan.

I dont mind these, but I`m not going to buy a bunch of vintage reprinted decks. I like to collect nice vintage decks, or Awesome modern decks. I have been passing on alot more decks lately just because of so many coming out.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@Aaron... I couldn't agree more...

Do you know I actually clicked on the link registered for the site and added them to the cart and when I went to pay there was a problem... They said to check back later and the more I looked at the pic of this 396 of 1000 I was like who really cares... It's a mediocre reprint of a vintage deck not even done that well... The box is simple and of all the vintage decks to reprint this could possibly be one of the worst choices... Thus, I never went back to complete the purchase and I feel very free... These silly reprints, $99 Lu Chen, Pandora Vine Back, Triangle Prototype... I've said it before, but I continued to purchase so many new things, but at this point I truly feel that the bubble has burst and any idiot with adobe illustrator and a few grand is getting a deck produced... Actually the few grand is not necessary because kickstarter is in the mix... The truth is I've passed on so many decks as of late... I used to feel I was missing something from the collection, but now I feel that I haven't added another silly @$$ deck to the collection... I'm sticking with decks that I really like or feel something for... New Eras are great, Americana, various vintage or rare decks, etc...

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 01:18:54 PM »

George

• Newcomer
I'm sticking with decks that I really like

"Buy what you like" is a great ideology.  I practice it myself.

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 01:47:47 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
I'm sticking with decks that I really like

"Buy what you like" is a great ideology.  I practice it myself.

Me too, there's far too many sub-par decks coming out such as the one's jmrock listed. I would rather have an actual vintage bicycle deck as opposed to a limited reprint of a vintage design. I could understand if they printed more than 2500 of these decks because they could argue that they are offering an alternative to the standard bicycle deck for those who can't get ahold of the actual vintage designs and would like to preform or use these everyday. I see deck's I like to collect as art, and these just don't cut it in that department.

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
@Aaron... I couldn't agree more...

Do you know I actually clicked on the link registered for the site and added them to the cart and when I went to pay there was a problem... They said to check back later and the more I looked at the pic of this 396 of 1000 I was like who really cares... It's a mediocre reprint of a vintage deck not even done that well... The box is simple and of all the vintage decks to reprint this could possibly be one of the worst choices... Thus, I never went back to complete the purchase and I feel very free... These silly reprints, $99 Lu Chen, Pandora Vine Back, Triangle Prototype... I've said it before, but I continued to purchase so many new things, but at this point I truly feel that the bubble has burst and any idiot with adobe illustrator and a few grand is getting a deck produced... Actually the few grand is not necessary because kickstarter is in the mix... The truth is I've passed on so many decks as of late... I used to feel I was missing something from the collection, but now I feel that I haven't added another silly @$$ deck to the collection... I'm sticking with decks that I really like or feel something for... New Eras are great, Americana, various vintage or rare decks, etc...

Wow, you have saved a lot of money in psychologist with this thread!!!!! At least, this wheel deck has had a good purpose in this case :)

To be honest, I do not like everything I buy, but I am mainly a Bicycle playing cards collector and I try to get every bicycle deck (including the Merz's ones when they have a reasonable price).  I don't know anything about this wheel deck but it is a deck created by a good friend, a cards lover and a honest guy in this comunity so I will get some for my collection and to share with other collectors here.

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Let me give a review for the seller. I don't know where this belongs, so I'll put it here. Fast shipping, cards arrived in perfect condition, good communication. 10/10 :D

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
To be honest, I do not like everything I buy.

That's exactly what I'm getting at... Max, doesn't it suck to have to write that sentence? "I don't like everything I buy."  I, too, have purchased things that I do not necessarily have a love for (I try to at least like it), but I am tired of it and it is to costly to actually spend hard earned money on something that I'm not feeling... So it comes to an end... A more meaningful collection... Fewer decks, but decks that have more value to me...

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Yes, you are right, it probably sucks, but I am a playing cards collector that enjoy  the single feeling of having a new bicycle deck. I have all my decks still sealed so I cannot enjoy the cards themselves.  Know it is weird, but it is what I collect, sealed decks. And not all decks are "nice". Indeed I collect decks just with small differences on the box (it is the only thing I can check). but you and me know that what make a deck valuable is not only the quality, or not only the design. It is just a thing of what you decide to pay for it. these wheel decks are not stupidly expensive like if they would have been released by D&D or Ellusionist.... I like them just because I have not them. tell me you have not felt this sometimes :)

Anyway I perfectly understand you but not in this case, as this is an affordable deck. Let me remember decks such as Garden cage, tungstene, magic con, or indeed S&M. I am really tired of these decks I cannot get in a reasonable price. in fact, if Merz would sell his decks for $6 each, I would probably buy them all (although, to be honest, I have had many problems in the past with his deliveries.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:10:46 PM by max »

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I bought some of these on Wednesday, got shipping info within 3 hours, and received the decks today on Friday.  Certainly can't complain there!

The decks were well protected and arrived in good condition.  I got a mix of serial numbers.  Most in the 1800s, but some lower numbered ones.

For me, this is a good 'working' deck.  The faces are all standard Bicycle, as are the Ace of Spades and Jokers.  For me, this is not a negative trait.  The deck also has a double backer and a blank facer.

You've seen the back design, you either like it or you don't.  I like it.  Reminds me of Fan Back Tallies, but with a Bicycle vibe.

No, it doesn't have custom artwork, but that's not why I bought it.  I think it offers a good blend of looking different, yet familiar.  It has magic finish, and feels like regular Bike stock to me.  Handling is good, springs and faros are easy out of the box.

I wish USPCC would offer more variety like this in regular stores.  I'd probably use these interchangeably with Rider Backs if a regular supply were available.

Quite happy with the decks and the service I got.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I think these depict the original design very well. The are faithful to the back design, have a simple box, and the lack of custom artwork completely fits the ancient theme. The stock and finish combo as well as the double backer and blank facer are great.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:47:30 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got my two decks very quickly as well. My serials were 1803 and 1795. As with Reylek, they came promptly and in fine shape.

They handle like any other Bicycle deck and are nice to play with. I like the back because it reminds me almost exactly of a set of aftermarket car wheels I like. I understand this to be an "old" design, so it's odd that its almost precisely the same as a modern, Japanese-designed set of car wheels. :)

All in all, a fine basic deck.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I got number 1897 and one of the rare black-sealed ones. At first the back design was shocking to me since it was very contrasting from the simple front, but you get used to it. I always ask my sister what she thinks of the decks I am currently using, and she is a very harsh critique (she only likes about 5% of the decks I own). However she said that she likes the simplicity of the front of the box, that it isn't confusing.