NEW DECK -- Bicycle All Wheel Back No.2 - NOW AVAILABLE
« on: April 24, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Someone posted this link on Facebook: http://www.maxplayingcards.com/en/2012/04/24/new-bicycle-mystery-deck-available-soon/

I've never heard of that deck before but the back design does look pretty cool. I'm guessing it will be standard faces. Has anyone heard of these before?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:59:13 PM by Evan »

Re: Bicycle "mistery" Deck
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
You beat me to it! I love the fact that the seals are white and are numbered.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I think we'll see a lot more numbered deck seals in the future.  It's a great feature!

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: NEW DECK- Bicycle "mistery" Deck
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Someone posted this link on Facebook: http://www.maxplayingcards.com/en/2012/04/24/new-bicycle-mystery-deck-available-soon/

I've never heard of that deck before but the back design does look pretty cool. I'm guessing it will be standard faces. Has anyone heard of these before?

not someone, just me :)

Sorry, I am afraid we both posted the same at the same time :)

You are really fast!!!!

Please, note the misspelling on mystery. I have solved, not sure if any link is broken.

please, if you don't mind, correct it in your initial post. I can't do as my post has been blocked :(
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:56:10 PM by max »

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I think we'll see a lot more numbered deck seals in the future.  It's a great feature!

CBJ
After having taken a closer look at the seal, it says "...out of 2500". I thought USPCC only allows 5000+ print runs? This probably means they'll also be in blue.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 05:57:40 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

CBJ
After having taken a closer look at the seal, it says "...out of 2500". I thought USPCC only allows 5000+ print runs? This probably means they'll also be in blue.

A few months back they lowered it to 2500.... for now

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 06:12:47 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
I think source of information (max) should have some privileges in posting his own information (opening of appropriate thread). And I am sure any two threads can be combined.

Nathan, please think before posting anything anywhere. The formulation of your comment in appropriate closed thread is defiant. Stop posting empty messages and to instruct everybody what to do. Leave your teenage self-affirmation outside forums.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I think source of information (max) should have some privileges in posting his own information (opening of appropriate thread). And I am sure any two threads can be combined.

Nathan, please think before posting anything anywhere. The formulation of your comment in appropriate closed thread is defiant. Stop posting empty messages and to instruct everybody what to do. Leave your teenage self-affirmation outside forums.

Hey

I'm the one who actually locked the thread.  Evan had posted it first... so it gets to stay.

Max is not the designer of the deck, and it's not his release.
It just happens to be that Max posted it on his blog first.

You gotta be quick to post new deck info on this site :)

CBJ

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 06:25:15 PM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

Thanks so much, Collector. in fact, I couldn't block the post because the admin blocked it before I could. I was posting the news on Facebook, aether, UC and twitter at the same time (with an iPad) so there was a logical delay among all them.

by the way, Nathan, there was just 15 minutes between both posts and when this one was posted, I was writing mine. Please, don't need to use that tone with me. the fact I am new in this forum doesn't mean I don't know the rules of the game.

Anyway, I understand cbj blocked my post. in fact I would prefer to get it deleted if possible.... Is it possible?

Thanks anyway for spreading the news. It was my only goal....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:27:35 PM by max »

Re: NEW DECK- Bicycle "mystery" Deck
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Hey Max! My comment wasn't meant to be rude at all. Here at Aether cards we tend to believe very strongly in the importance of not having duplicate threads and I knew some people would say something along the lines of what collector just said about how it is ok for there to be more than 1 topic about the same deck, so I posted in a strict tone. Not meaning to offend you.
So, how did you learn about this deck? From someone close to you?
Also, about your site, does it serve a purpose similar to 52cartes?

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
hi Nathan, do not worry too much, but It seemed a little bit rude (I think it was obvious both threads were written almost at the same time). t is completely clear now, do not worry.

This owner of the deck suggested me to post it in this "mystery" way to promote the deck and, of course, to promote my new webpage www.maxplayingcards.com

I know just a few details of this deck and I will post more things as soon as I have news.

About my website, I really like Remi style on 52cartes but I had another different purpose. longer posts, with some more nformation, and specially directed to collectors interested on Spanish or USA decks (although other decks will be posted too). I have a lot of things to do yet but I will post while I add new functions and plugins.

thanks a lot for your interest.  Hope I can give good news to all of you.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 10:06:59 PM »

saurabh

• True Member
  • I love heavy metal music.

• Twitter:
The backs look excellent! I'm game for a few decks!

Its really great to see the USPCC reprinting the old designs. It would suck to lose all this history and artwork in the pages of books. To have a deck with such elegance, and to be able to afford to 'use' one is a great feeling.

Bravo!
Mentalist, Sleight of Hand Artist, Amateur Flourisher.
http://www.brahmaplayingcards.com

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 02:50:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Mystery solved:

http://www.jimknapp.com/Cards/Bicycle.htm#_Toc309210405

The All-Wheel's a nice-looking back, but will the rest of the deck hew to a vintage look or be more modern, I wonder...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 03:29:15 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
This looks like it could be a nice deck. If it is the same as Don's information makes it look to be and it is simply custom I can't imagine it being a hot seller. I would imagine it ending up like the red/black star decks. Nothing super special. Just another re-run of an old vintage deck.

If this deck has something special (non custom court cards or something) that would be pretty nice. I doubt that'll be the case though. Thanks for the sharing the info on this one Evan and Don!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 03:52:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This looks like it could be a nice deck. If it is the same as Don's information makes it look to be and it is simply custom I can't imagine it being a hot seller. I would imagine it ending up like the red/black star decks. Nothing super special. Just another re-run of an old vintage deck.

If this deck has something special (non custom court cards or something) that would be pretty nice. I doubt that'll be the case though. Thanks for the sharing the info on this one Evan and Don!

Hey, welcome back stranger - haven't seen you post in a while!

Yeah, this could go in two general directions.  One way would be the "Big Gun reprint" way - a custom back, but everything else totally standard modern Bicycle.  Which would be as exciting as looking for a gray flea on an elephant.

The other way would be more like an 1889 Texan '45s or a CARC Erdnase Bee deck, with a fully-vintage look.  Which would be like sitting on fireworks!

There's an in-between, which would be something like the New Fan Backs, where there's a vintage element or two in addition to the back (i.e. an old-school Ace of Spades), but this would be to me only marginally better than the Big Gun reprints.

It's like a soap opera - "As the Flourish Turns", or "The Young and the Pasteboards"...

EDT: what's got me concerned with this one, like all too many decks, is that while it's a very nice back, what's the deal with such an insanely-short print run?  Too many people think they can simply raid the USPC Archives for designs that have collected dust for a number of years, whip out a deck based on it in small numbers and they're guaranteed a "limited-edition" success story...

If this is an all-modern deck save for the back, we will almost certainly be looking at another "Big Gun" deck story here.  I'll start taking bets on how long it takes before Wingra sells it off on clearance at 99 cents a pack!  :))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:03:20 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 10:59:12 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Welcome back! Haven't seen a post from you in a very long time!

CBJ

A few months back they lowered it to 2500.... for now

Oh, really? That's cool. How come, where they losing clients?

I really hope there will be a cool AoS and jokers on this one. I believe part of the reason why the BBG deck was a failure was because, except for the back and box, EVERYTHING was from standard bikes. If these aren't custom, that probably explains why only 2500 would be printed.

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »

George

• Newcomer
I really hope there will be a cool AoS and jokers on this one. I believe part of the reason why the BBG deck was a failure was because, except for the back and box, EVERYTHING was from standard bikes. If these aren't custom, that probably explains why only 2500 would be printed.

Hi Nathan (and others!),
Just wanted to confirm -- it is the All Wheel #2 back -- What sharp eyes you have!

I'm releasing these decks in a couple weeks.  Max is helping me out by getting the info out there while I put the finishing touches on my site.

The All Wheel decks will feature the standard Poker 808 Ace of Spades, faces, and jokers.   They'll come with a blank face and a double-back gaff.

It's good to hear your feedback about further customization.  These guys are already printed, but it will definitely be taken to heart in any future decks I do.

I'd like to think that the Big Gun decks flopped due to the obscene pricing model set up around them.  IIRC, the set began at $50 for a set of 2 decks, and was then lowered down in steps until it eventually reached $20 for the set, and then the rest were dumped in the bargin-bin for $1.

George

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Best of luck George. I recommend you think about sending one of these to a big reviewer so your deck can become more famous once it is available for sale.

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 11:41:40 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I think I should clarify this to some people. It's the "All Wheel" back, on Mrs. Robinson's Handbook, it's listed as design #2. Please do not mistaken it as All-Wheel No.2, as many other designs do indeed have a second variation, for example Lantern, Model, Racer, Sprocket, Tangent, Wheel, etc.

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 12:24:55 PM »

George

• Newcomer
I think I should clarify this to some people. It's the "All Wheel" back, on Mrs. Robinson's Handbook, it's listed as design #2. Please do not mistaken it as All-Wheel No.2, as many other designs do indeed have a second variation, for example Lantern, Model, Racer, Sprocket, Tangent, Wheel, etc.

I looked at that again, and you're right Zero.  I mistook her number for the variation of the back design.  Alexander Sukhorukov's site (which I also referenced) made the same mistake that I did.  Oops!  http://a.trionfi.eu/WWPCM/decks06/d04331/d04331box808.htm

That said, the tuck box of my deck does call them out as "All Wheel Back No. 2".  My mistake will make for yet another footnote in the long history of Bicycle designs/names/numbers.

Thanks for the clarification,
George

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I like the back design a lot! Thanks for that link Don. I definitely think this will be a good one for people interested in vintage decks. Do you have a price yet? And will you be selling both red and blue?

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey, guys - no problem finding the link.  I knew it was there because I learned about it from someone else here, so I guess you can say I was paying it forward!

As far as that #2: from what I can tell, that list I found is alphabetical, and "All-Wheel" was simply the second in alphabetical order!  There's no All-Wheel #1, so you might as well call it #2...  :))

George, welcome to the Discourse!  I look forward to future designs from you, both revivals of vintage and perhaps something new (even if it's just some color variations)!  Consider going forward, especially for vintage work, taking more full advantage of USPC's art archives by using some of the gorgeous faces of the era as well as the backs!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:32:15 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

Hey

I'm the one who actually locked the thread.  Evan had posted it first... so it gets to stay.

Max is not the designer of the deck, and it's not his release.
It just happens to be that Max posted it on his blog first.

You gotta be quick to post new deck info on this site :)

CBJ

I agree with you in general but disagree in details. But I think it isn't  an urgent problem by now ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
more info found via http://www.maxplayingcards.com/en/

"
As many of you have stated in the forums, the deck posted in this blog is the old bicycle All-Wheel nº 2 back design. Some extra info about this deck:
• Backs – All Wheel design in Red.
 • Faces – Traditional Bicycle design
 • Individually numbered deck seals (e.g, “196 of 2500”)
 • Magic Finish on Bicycle Paper
 • Includes double-back and blank-face gaff cards.
 • Bicycle branded
The production will be 2,500 numbered decks, 299 standard decks and 25 uncut sheets
The price will be between $6-$7 depending on the purchase.
The deck will be released in a new website in USA.
No more info at this moment, but I’ll be informing. Keep in touch. In the meanwhile, enjoy these two extra photos:"

CBJ

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I would have really liked if they came in red and blue but the red still looks very nice. The price isn't bad and the quality should be good.