2012 Phoenix Apocalypse Deck
« on: April 06, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

I really love the look of this deck! The back design and court cards really pop out to me and it looks like a fully custom deck!

You will be able to buy them here when the countdown ends: http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=79&lang=en&detail=true&Category=13&ArtID=187

Re: 2012 Phoenix Apocalypse Deck
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 10:57:25 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

I love the Mayan figureheads as Court Cards!
A nice looking and very detailed 4-Color back too!
The grunge effect on the Court Cards and PIPs gives it
a good look also. Very nice.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I always love to see 4 custom aces rather than just spades.  Looks good.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
wait, i'm confused they have to time watches and one says 8 months and the other one says 8 days which one is the right one ?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:25:05 PM by Frost »

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
wait, i'm confused they have to time watches and one says 8 months and the other one says 8 days which one is the right one ?

The 8 day countdown is for the deck.

The other is for the supposed date of the apocalypse. Before the apocalypse I recommend watching supernatural seasons 1-5 on netflix.

I wished the back design was mirrored though because I have a feeling left handed giant fans will be better than right handed  giant fans, otherwise as a whole the deck looks very nice.
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 01:52:01 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

The other is for the supposed date of the apocalypse. Before the apocalypse I recommend watching supernatural seasons 1-5 on netflix.

I wished the back design was mirrored though because I have a feeling left handed giant fans will be better than right handed  giant fans, otherwise as a whole the deck looks very nice.

Are you a Supernatural fan??  If you are, have you watched the anime versions?

CBJ

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:

Are you a Supernatural fan??  If you are, have you watched the anime versions?

CBJ

Yes I am, I watched seasons 1-5 and started 6

I recently got the anime on bluray, I only got to watch one episode so far because of time restraints but its pretty cool so far. The first episode is pretty much the shapeshifter episode in season 1. Dean's voice actor isn't bad
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:38:28 PM by DeckReview »
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

I really love the look of this deck! The back design and court cards really pop out to me and it looks like a fully custom deck!

You will be able to buy them here when the countdown ends: http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=79&lang=en&detail=true&Category=13&ArtID=187

Actually you can pre-order them right now and they will ship it on the day of the release.All the pre-orders have a chance to win a uncut sheet.

Hmm, limited release of only 2012 fully custom decks for $9.90 a deck...that sounds good and they look cool.

Also shipping for USA is flat rate $6.50 no matter how many you order.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:08:53 PM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 03:11:11 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
We will be stocking these on our website.
Thanks!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 04:38:32 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I don't like all this 2012 BS. To me it is just a big marketing thing, 2012 is just the begining of a new session to the Mayan Long Count Calendar, not a prediction of the end of the world.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 07:33:30 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Looks really nice... Did anyone mention USPCC yet???

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member

His write up says they are made by USPCC
Thanks!

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 07:39:51 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

Yes.From their webpage:

"exactly 2012 Phoenix Apocalypse Decks will be released, a very limited run!
produced in highest possible Quality Q1 at US Playing Card Company, certainly with Air-Cushion Finish"

Oops bmpokerworld beat me to it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:40:40 PM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 07:45:58 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty

Actually you can pre-order them right now and they will ship it on the day of the release.All the pre-orders have a chance to win a uncut sheet.

Hmm, limited release of only 2012 fully custom decks for $9.90 a deck...that sounds good and they look cool.

so you can buy four decks and the shipping will just be $6.50 ?

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07:06 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

so you can buy four decks and the shipping will just be $6.50 ?

Yes.Quote from their site:

"Shipping costs are only 4.90 Euro for EU orders and $6.50 US for the rest of the world, no matter how much you order!

Orders from the USA or Canada are - if possible - shipped out directly from our Card-Shark USA depot in New York to reach you fast, save and sound."

I already pre-order some and indeed the shipping was flat $6.50.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:08:29 PM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 08:28:28 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
COUPON CODE ANYONE?????

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
COUPON CODE ANYONE?????

I tried to find one on Google, but none where there...
Maybe they have those discount codes only for previous customers,

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 02:32:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
COUPON CODE ANYONE? ??? ?

We don't have one, but with those prices, it is really necessary?

You know where we store the coupon codes, anyway!  You're not exactly a newbie here!   :P If it isn't there, it's not like we have more hidden in the back of the stock room somewhere waiting for someone to put out on the showroom floor...  :))

I don't like all this 2012 BS. To me it is just a big marketing thing, 2012 is just the begining of a new session to the Mayan Long Count Calendar, not a prediction of the end of the world.

The Diamond Jim deck was a bunch of BS and marketing, while this one is a real magician's deck.    It has the McDonald's Aces gaffs, looks much more into the theme and has MARKED backs.  You don't have to be into it personally, but if you're a magician with an audience that is, this would be an awesome weapon for the arsenal.

I liken it to the guy who loves rock music but works as a deejay at a smooth jazz station because they're willing to pay him a better salary because every headbanger and his cousin wants to deejay at a rock station.  Maybe it isn't as much fun, but hey, you're still working as a deejay and making money...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:33:27 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 12:27:50 AM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
I think they are looking great....the only thing is they are not celebrity, like D&D, Ellsionist, T11, or such...

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 01:10:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I think they are looking great....the only thing is they are not celebrity, like D&D, Ellsionist, T11, or such...

Tell me you never heard of card-shark.de?  They're bigger than you think.  In Europe they're freakin' huge.  Check out the website - you don't know what you're missing.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 01:17:19 AM »

Robert Butler

Its been a while since I've run into a deck of cards that I love at first sight.  I purchased 3 of them tonight!  Looking very forward to getting them in. 

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 01:30:22 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
If i ordered this cards and i'm from the U.S. how long would it take for me to get the cards ?

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 04:44:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Its been a while since I've run into a deck of cards that I love at first sight.  I purchased 3 of them tonight!  Looking very forward to getting them in.

I like them as well - want to get in on the pre-order.  So I guess I'm passing on that Vineback deck...

I just wish they still had the Jill Deck in stock - I'd order that to go with this!

If i ordered this cards and i'm from the U.S. how long would it take for me to get the cards ?

That would largely depend on with whom you place your order.  BMPokerWorld did state he'll be carrying them and he does offer a 10% discount and ship domestically.  As far as ordering from card-shark.de directly, I've never done so, so I couldn't answer that question for you.  I haven't heard anything bad about them regarding shipments or customer service, if that helps.

EDIT: I went ahead and ordered from card-shark.de, and while I was there I picked up two of the red Phoenix Parlour decks (blue is out of stock).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:16:13 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

Probably US orders will be shipped from New York.

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 02:27:31 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
How many decks did you pick up Don?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@Don or Anyone... The Jill Deck??? What's this? Thanks... -J.

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

Tell me you never heard of card-shark.de?  They're bigger than you think.  In Europe they're freakin' huge.  Check out the website - you don't know what you're missing.

You are right Don, they are big and somehow my post got cut and I didn't check it out after...
The thing that was supposed to end my phrase was:"or else they would be sold out in a matter of hours".

Thanks, JJ.

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 09:23:50 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I am trying to order these but when I add them to my cart it says that an error occurred. Is anyone else having this problem?

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
This deck looks very nice. 100% custom, very creative, clear pictures, everything makes me want to buy it!

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 03:33:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I could be wrong here, but since card-shark.de is located in Germany, I don't think they'll be shipping from New York, seeing as how they're an ocean apart and all that...  Their terms of use are all written in German as well, meaning I don't think they have any operations on US soil.

On the other hand, if they do ship from New York, I'll have them practically by midweek, since I'm also in New York!  :))

How many decks did you pick up Don?

I ordered a pair of Phoenix Apocalypse and a pair of red Phoenix Parlour decks.  The Apocalypse is likely marked in much the same way as the Phoenix Backs and the Prism deck - it's a subtle but easily-read mark, even at a distance.

@Don or Anyone... The Jill Deck??? What's this? Thanks... -J.

The Jill Deck was a sort-of hipster black-deck design with photo-based art on the face cards portraying women in the men's roles and vice versa.  I'm told the handling was terrible, but it looked cool, was a marked deck and came with a few nice gaff cards, one of which was made for a color-change to a topless version of one of the Jills.  I have to hunt that deck up, since it looks like they're out and may not be getting them back.  My local shops that deal in Card-Shark decks never carried the Jill Deck.

One thing to remember with Card-Shark is that not all of their inventory is made at USPC.  Some of their stuff is made in their own factory in Germany, and the Jill Deck was one of those items, as are the Double Decker decks.

You are right Don, they are big and somehow my post got cut and I didn't check it out after...
The thing that was supposed to end my phrase was:"or else they would be sold out in a matter of hours".

Thanks, JJ.

D&D still hasn't sold out the Fulton's Chinatown deck, which supposedly had the shortest run of any deck they've ever sold!  Celebrity isn't what it once was...  Also, bear in mind this deck's not actually for sale yet - it's still in pre-sale.

I am trying to order these but when I add them to my cart it says that an error occurred. Is anyone else having this problem?

I didn't.  In fact, I just did the "add to cart" test to try and see how many remain, and hit an epic fail - it's allowing me to add the entire print run of 2,012 decks, despite there already being pre-existing orders (such as the one I made yesterday)!  Assuming I could make that large a purchase, it would cost me $19,918.80, plus their flat shipping rate of $6.50!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:38:44 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

I could be wrong here, but since card-shark.de is located in Germany, I don't think they'll be shipping from New York, seeing as how they're an ocean apart and all that...  Their terms of use are all written in German as well, meaning I don't think they have any operations on US soil.

On the other hand, if they do ship from New York, I'll have them practically by midweek, since I'm also in New York!  :))

From their website:

"Orders from the USA or Canada are - if possible - shipped out directly from our Card-Shark USA depot in New York to reach you fast, save and sound."

Here is the link:

http://card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=15&lang=en
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:58:30 AM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
JJ, That is the best thing I ave read all day. Thank you for the clear up there. I am actually kind of excited for these decks. 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

THE END IS NEAR!
I love the theme of this deck! OMG hahaha Mayan Apocalypse.
4 custom ACES = WIN
Mayan Court cards = WIN
Harry Potter font look-a-like = WIN!
Mayan SteamPunk backs = SUPER WIN

I love everything about this deck.

If the apocalypse is really true, then these would be the first of my last purchases before I die. ^-^

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 06:14:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

From their website:

"Orders from the USA or Canada are - if possible - shipped out directly from our Card-Shark USA depot in New York to reach you fast, save and sound."

Here is the link:

http://card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=15&lang=en

I was wrong - and that is AWESOME!  Thanks, bro!

THE END IS NEAR!
I love the theme of this deck! OMG hahaha Mayan Apocalypse.
4 custom ACES = WIN
Mayan Court cards = WIN
Harry Potter font look-a-like = WIN!
Mayan SteamPunk backs = SUPER WIN

I love everything about this deck.

If the apocalypse is really true, then these would be the first of my last purchases before I die. ^-^

The Jim Diamond Apocalypse deck just didn't hit the theme right, didn't have the right custom work on it.  This one does, and it's a magic deck on top of that.

It's funny, but so many magicians complain that "Oh, if a deck is too unique, the audience'll think it's a 'magic' deck or something."  I actually don't trust a Bicycle Rider Back when I see it, because I know better - there are more gaffed and rigged Rider Backs than any other design on the market!

The only times I've ever had that reaction, I just fan out the deck, show it to them, maybe even let my audience handle the deck if I know their hands aren't filthy (learned that the hard way).  Most of the time, though, it's just "Wow, that's a cool deck, where'd you get it?"

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Same here, Don. Most of the time when someone will question the integrity of my decks someone who has seen me perform before will handle the questions for me lol :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
i am having trouble ordering my decks from card shark ! >:(  when i get through with everything i go to  pay-pal and it say's error and i cant pay because it won't let me because it say's i duplicated something ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:54:14 AM by Frost »

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 01:06:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
i am having trouble ordering my decks from card shark ! >:(  when i get through with everything i go to  pay-pal and it say's error and i cant pay because it won't let me because it say's i duplicated something ?

Have you tried leaving a message for card-shark.de?  As much as we'd all love to help you, I don't think there's a lot we can do for you, Frost.

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2012, 01:13:21 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
I did i am waiting for a response but i don't think they are going to answer until tomorrow i told them if i could get a invoice straight to my email address ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:14:07 AM by Frost »

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 01:26:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I did i am waiting for a response but i don't think they are going to answer until tomorrow i told them if i could get a invoice straight to my email address ?

OK, put the coffee down and slowly step back from the table...

You're acting as if the decks should be "IN MY HANDS, RIGHT NOW, THIS VERY SECOND, I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER THAN THIS, IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!!!"  You will NOT get instant gratification here.  Sorry.  :))  Show at least a LITTLE patience, please.

It's about 7:20am in Berlin right now.  You'll probably get an answer in a few hours.

Don't expect the company to invoice you right away, just like that.  A simple query - "Hey, guys, can you help me?" - with the details of your problem, are all you need to do right now.

In case you didn't notice, BTW, the title of the topic is "2012 Phoenix Apocalypse Deck" not "Card-Shark Customer Service Department, How May We Help You?"  Give them more than the few minutes you've given them so far to solve your problem!  If you've had no results in, oh, two days or so, then try hitting the grapevine and seeing if we've been having the same issues.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:27:35 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 07:05:50 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I really love the design of these, and the "The End Is Near" and "The End" cards have great possibilities for magic, especially for something like a Sam The Bellhop or 673 King Street routine. Look forward to picking some of these up.
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 09:56:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I really love the design of these, and the "The End Is Near" and "The End" cards have great possibilities for magic, especially for something like a Sam The Bellhop or 673 King Street routine. Look forward to picking some of these up.

I'm itching to do one of those routines one of these days!

I like those gaffs as well.  All that, and it's marked!  How can you go wrong?

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

Especially at the price for just a normal custom deck, let alone a custom magic deck.
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 05:43:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Especially at the price for just a normal custom deck, let alone a custom magic deck.

Hmm...  You're right.  Now you're making me wish I ordered more!

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:16 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Very true, Don. I ordered 6 and I am kinda regretting not getting a few more myself.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 09:27:31 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
They said that pre-orders will be shipped right after the launch on April 15.

Any of you guys and girls who pre-order got a shipping notification?

Thanks, JJ.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:53:42 PM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 10:21:53 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
They sad that pre-orders will be shipped right after the launch on April 15.

Thanks, JJ.

I ordered a couple decks during their pre-order. I recieved a payment confirmation e-mail but not a shipping one yet.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

Thanks, JJ.

I got the shipping confirmation yesterday !
Re : your order disappeared !!

Hi,
we just would like to inform you that we witnessed one of the greatest miracles in the world!
Believe it or not, your order magically disappeared from our desk. Completely!!! Just a few post stamps, a magic spell and poof... the envelope was gone.
Now comes the interesting part: if everything works well this envelope should reappear directly in your post box in five to ten days.

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
@Randy: Thank you for your reply.

@Wiepie:That was really their shipping confirmation? Sounds very funny!
             Thanks, JJ.

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2012, 12:31:52 AM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

Thanks, JJ.

I got the shipping confirmation yesterday !
Re : your order disappeared !!

Hi,
we just would like to inform you that we witnessed one of the greatest miracles in the world!
Believe it or not, your order magically disappeared from our desk. Completely!!! Just a few post stamps, a magic spell and poof... the envelope was gone.
Now comes the interesting part: if everything works well this envelope should reappear directly in your post box in five to ten days.

HA!HA! I got the same shipping confirmation today....
The only bad thing, it does not include a tracking number....

Thanks JJ.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:51:27 AM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2012, 03:30:42 AM »

Zabimaru

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
I received that email the 18th and I got the decks yesterday.

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2012, 03:55:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I received that email the 18th and I got the decks yesterday.

I caught my shipping notice in my Spam folder - they shipped about ten hours ago, so I'll likely see it Monday or Tuesday.

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2012, 04:25:30 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I'm in the same boat, except, my email just said "your order disappeared"...nothing more. I freaked, so I emailed them asking if there was to be more of the email lol. They said yes and that my order shipped. :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2012, 04:44:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm in the same boat, except, my email just said "your order disappeared"...nothing more. I freaked, so I emailed them asking if there was to be more of the email lol. They said yes and that my order shipped. :t11:

So, going forward I guess you'll never accuse Card-Shark of not having a sense of humor...  :))

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

So, going forward I guess you'll never accuse Card-Shark of not having a sense of humor...  :))

Don, since you are in New York, and probable you will receive them on Monday, can you please tell us how they look and handle?

Thanks, JJ.

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Don, since you are in New York, and probable you will receive them on Monday, can you please tell us how they look and handle?

Thanks, JJ.

I can show them off when I get them, but I may not get my mail on Monday.  I'm not always close enough to my post office to fetch the mail and to go from the PO to my fiancee's apartment (or vice versa) usually involves paying a bridge toll of nearly $5, so I keep those trips to a minimum.  I'm predicting Tuesday night would be the latest.

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Ours just arrived and all I can say is WOW!!!! These look even better in person. I love all the different shades of green on the back of the cards, very elegant. The court card designs are great. I think this is an awesome deck. You guys will not be disappointed.
Thanks!

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 04:02:53 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just remembered that I never order these cards! I must order them!  :bosswalk:

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 06:12:32 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I just remembered that I never order these cards! I must order them!  :bosswalk:
Same here! I just got a refund from the Skulkor deck, so I will be able to get these.

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Ours just arrived and all I can say is WOW!!!! These look even better in person. I love all the different shades of green on the back of the cards, very elegant. The court card designs are great. I think this is an awesome deck. You guys will not be disappointed.
Thanks!

Will you be carrying them?  If so, will your price be competitive to card-shark.de?  I'm itching to get my hands on mine already...

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
They will be on our website shortly. We will be selling them for $10.95. They are currently on ebay. Hopefully my webmaster will have them up tonight.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:33:48 PM by bmpokerworld »

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2012, 12:01:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
They will be on our website shortly. We will be selling them for $10.95. They are currently on ebay. Hopefully my webmaster will have them up tonight.
Thanks!

Awesome - with your loyalty discount, that's pretty much the same price as Card Shark!

Guys, remember also - this is a magic deck; it's not just a few gaffs, there's also a marking system!  Look on the 52cartes "Zoom In" article at the three-card reverse fan and you can see the differences from card to card, once you realize there's markings to be found.

What's cool about this design is that it's on the opposite corners from which you'd normally find card markings - not as good for a card-sharp's deck, but awesome when displaying a ribbon spread that's reversed from your perspective and normal from the spectator's.  Assuming he's smart enough to know about marked decks, he'll be looking for the markings in the wrong corners!  GT Speedreader decks use the same location; it's perfect for a magician.

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2012, 12:49:21 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Awesome price, bmpokerworld! This is kinda off-topic but will you also be selling the Vision decks?

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2012, 01:04:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Awesome price, bmpokerworld! This is kinda off-topic but will you also be selling the Vision decks?

Yes, this is off-topic.  I wouldn't be so upset about it were it not for the fact that a simple search of his site would turn up this:

http://www.bmpokerworld.com/bicycle-white-vision-playing-cards.php

Did you even look before you asked?  Don't answer, just remember this for next time, please...

@BMPW: What are the cards like, quality-wise?  Bicycles, Aristocrats, Tallys, Bees?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:16:55 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2012, 06:19:26 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Don,

While I am not the best judge of the subtle differences between standard, quality decks, (I can tell the difference between good decks and bad decks though), they feel more like Aristocrats to me. But you will really need to get an opinion from someone who does not have dead hands.

The cards are not up on our website yet, but they are in our shopping cart and available for purchase. Here is the link:

http://bmpokerworld.gostorego.com/phoenix-apocalypse-end-of-days-2012-playing-cards.html

Thanks!

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2012, 06:36:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don,

While I am not the best judge of the subtle differences between standard, quality decks, (I can tell the difference between good decks and bad decks though), they feel more like Aristocrats to me. But you will really need to get an opinion from someone who does not have dead hands.

The cards are not up on our website yet, but they are in our shopping cart and available for purchase. Here is the link:

http://bmpokerworld.gostorego.com/phoenix-apocalypse-end-of-days-2012-playing-cards.html

Thanks!

Sounds excellent on all counts!  Thanks for everything!

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
www.bmpokerworld.com/bicycle-white-vision-playing-cards.php
I meant black vision, which I looked for but didn't find on their site.

How many of the phoenix apocalypse decks did you end up ordering, Don?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:47:34 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Out of stock on the black vision.
Thanks!

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 01:21:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
www.bmpokerworld.com/bicycle-white-vision-playing-cards.php
I meant black vision, which I looked for but didn't find on their site.

How many of the phoenix apocalypse decks did you end up ordering, Don?

Be honest: you didn't even look, did you?  Vision decks in black came out nearly a year ago and have long been sold out while the white ones only recently were released.  It's like waiting for him to stock S&M v1 in white and black...

My order at Card-shark includes two Apocalpyse and two red Parlour decks.

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:46 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
My decks came in from Card-Shark...they are incredible. The marking system is simple and yet almost unnoticeable to the untrained eye. The coolest thing about getting my package is that it came with a mini pack of the gummy bears I ate all the time when I lived in Germany. I was very pleased to find that little surprise and became even happier upon opening and using the deck. :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Hopefully these cards should arrive for me soon, apart from looking mighty impressive they are a steal at around $10 for a marked deck, I think the David Blaine magic decks include the only USPC marked deck I've seen below the $10 mark.

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It's a gorgeous deck, handles like Aristocrats, and there's some nice tricks supplied on the back of the calendar - as well as a mini-pack of Haribo Gold Bears!  I love it for general purpose use, not just as a marked trick deck.

(The Phoenix Parlour decks were pretty sweet as well!  The stock's thin and I was actually able to palm three cards in a trick despite the size!  Bonus: ships with an extra flat tuck case for each deck, likely because the cards fit the tuck a little loose and there's potential for minor damage to the tuck in shipping.  The tuck is unsealed, but the cards inside are cello-wrapped.  And the markings on that deck are on all four corners.)

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

I like the white ones. :P Hmm... maybe I can only purchase a few of them but not a lot.
DAMN my budget is really getting tight and tighter with everything available.
Anyway, @Don thanks for the brief review there. :P

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2012, 02:09:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I like the white ones. :P Hmm... maybe I can only purchase a few of them but not a lot.

White ones?  Which white ones?  Apocalypse only comes in one color, while Phoenix Parlour comes in red and blue.

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2012, 02:56:26 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

White ones?  Which white ones?  Apocalypse only comes in one color, while Phoenix Parlour comes in red and blue.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!
I clicked on the wrong link hahahaha!!!!
LoLs Major fail on my part.
I clicked on the vision link. darn.
Sorry.