Mystic Techno Deck on Kickstarter

Author (Read 10889 times)

Mystic Techno Deck on Kickstarter
« on: March 30, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
Mystic Techno Deck  on Kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/374509784/mystic-techno-deck-playing-cards
What's going on lately on Kickstarter??? Looks like a lot of new crappy playing cards....

Re: Mystic Techno Deck on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:12:14 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Unfortunately since everyone keeps supporting Kickstarter, these things will continue to happen and the problems will keep getting worse and worse.
Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »

TigerKnee

• Hi. My name is TigerKnee. I am a cardiholic
Pukes  :mindf-ck:  :-[
I have no signature.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 08:11:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Unfortunately since everyone keeps supporting Kickstarter, these things will continue to happen and the problems will keep getting worse and worse.
Thanks!
I understand where you are getting at. As long as the crappy decks don't succeed, I don't think it is a major issue. What I don't understand is which company they are using to have these at 2$ a deck... I don't think they calculated right.
Also the design is hideous.
@BMPokerWorld - I believe it is easy for you to say that we should stop using kickstarter since you mainly resell large companies' decks. However I believe the only way to get creativity to keep on flowing is to have small companies getting created regularly and have them put pressure on the "Big Guys".

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:49 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just say NO. Consumers have to show some taste and intelligence at some point, and this is definitely that point. My goodness. And to quote "The Princess Bride" with regards to the word 'electrocuted'

"I do not think that means what you think it means."

How can people launch projects like this that are so obviously incomplete and poorly thought out? It takes a lot of steps to setup a Kickstarter, why would you bother going through all that when you can't even write the marketing copy correctly?

Ack.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:12:02 PM by xmetal »
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Thanks!
I understand where you are getting at. As long as the crappy decks don't succeed, I don't think it is a major issue. What I don't understand is which company they are using to have these at 2$ a deck... I don't think they calculated right.
@BMPokerWorld - I believe it is easy for you to say that we should stop using kickstarter since you mainly resell large companies' decks. However I believe the only way to get creativity to keep on flowing is to have small companies getting created regularly and have them put pressure on the "Big Guys".

Your not putting pressure on me. In fact your a very good example of a "money grab" as you mentioned in a previous post. You are trying to get funding for an inferior product while still charging the full rate a USPCC product would sell for. In addition, you changed your story so many times about the quality of materials you were using, who is going to trust you?

Not to mention you came into the playing card forums, talking to everyone like nobody knows anything about this industry and you could spew your BS and everyone is going to believe it. I would be very surprised if you have your deck funded.

Actually, I believe Kickstarter could be a huge benefit for your so called "big guys" that you mentioned. Eventually everyone is going to get tired of laying out their money and waiting for months for their product or buying inferior product, both in design and quality, such as the one your are attempting to fund.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:45:46 PM by bmpokerworld »

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:20:46 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
Talking about marketing  and presentation, this is the first phrase on their Kickstarter project:

"Boom! Boom! What's that? It's the sound of a brand new deck, or more importantly, a brand new deck series. The First of it's kind!

HA!HA!HA!HA!

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 12:28:09 AM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
At least it probably wont get funded, all his backers pledged at 2$ and it looks like the guy poured 950$ into his own project.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 12:32:47 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Thanks!

Your not putting pressure on me. In fact your a very good example of a "money grab" as you mentioned in a previous post. You are trying to get funding for an inferior product while still charging the full rate a USPCC product would sell for. In addition, you changed your story so many times about the quality of materials you were using, who is going to trust you?

Not to mention you came into the playing card forums and talking to everyone like nobody knows anything about this industry and you could spew your BS and everyone is going to believe it. I would be very surprised if you have your deck funded.

Actually, I believe Kickstarter could be a huge benefit for your so called "big guys" that you mentioned. Eventually everyone is going to get tired of laying out their money and waiting for months for their product or buying inferior product, both in design and quality, such as the one your are attempting to fund.
Thanks!
Actually I meant D&D, E, T11 by the "big guys". I meant those that create and sell cards, not resellers. And I'm kind of confused about those two first paragraphs of yours... I'm not creating any deck. But if you are talking about individual deck creators in general, you are kinda right. Sure, KS will dissuade many regulars, but for the passionate collectors, KS is THE source of inspiration, THE BEST way to get new ideas out and to push T11 and D&D to always do better.

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 04:51:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
If you check out the company's page - it's on a free server - they still have a contest open to guess the name of their new deck!  I think we should all enter - the prize is a free deck!

As far as Kickstarter and crappy decks, it's a Darwinian process - the good decks survive to get made, the crap never sees the light of day due to disinterest and no funding.  Even some of those that survive may only appeal to a small group of people, but hey, if that's what floats their boat and they're willing to front the cash to see it set sail, so be it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:53:06 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I read an interesting article on Gizmodo about the issue of more and more crap ending up on Kickstarter

Gizmodo is no longer going to review any kickstarter products

a good read...

http://gizmodo.com/5897449/were-done-with-kickstarter

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@bmpokerworld... hear hear!!!  Couldn't have said it better myself...

@Reagan... You shouldn't be talking about anyone else's decks after the steampunk and gorilla messes that you continue to post about so proudly (and just so you know, there are a number of people that agree with me, but want to remain anonymous)...  And those of you who need a list of things wrong with the decks, just stop it already... Just look at both of them... if you collect cards, then you should be insulted that these are being posted on this forum altogether...

@Nathan... At risk of alienating you or anyone else, you do come across as though you are very knowledgable about many topics, but I believe that you are not... I am still unsure of your age, but have asked a number of times, because I believe that a child that not allowed to buy decks because his mommy or daddy says so would really be hard pressed to add wisdom or pertinent information to any thread...

As far as the topic... How very sad... "I'm the creator and CEO of PDC (Purple Diamond Cards) who makes custom cards for companies and for magicians/card artists like you."  You've made no custom cards for magicians or card artists ever... You're not CEO of anything... In fact I'd say you don't have a corporation, llc, or anything for that matter... as far as your ecstasy decks, I'd say it looks as though you've probably taken to much already and should probably stop..

As far as Kickstarter goes, it appears to have jumped the shark, but there are occasionally a few diamonds amongst the rest of the garbage  for every ape deck there is a Vortex, for every steampunk deck there is a Tendril, and for every purple x deck there is a Spectrum...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:45:00 PM by jmrock »

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 01:57:31 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
@jmrock lets be honest; all the harsh comments about other people on the forum are very uncalled for and childish. Although some of what you say might be true there are better ways of saying it without sounding like an arrogant jerk. You have voiced your opinion; there is now no need to reinforce your opinion with jabs at other people every chance you get.

back on topic: kickstarter is a two edged sword. on one side great ideas will come from it, more then just cards (the wallet that i am using i purchased from kickstarter). On the other side there will be craptastic pieces of shit that aren't even fully developed ideas yet.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
@Reagan... You shouldn't be talking about anyone else's decks after the steampunk and gorilla messes that you continue to post about so proudly (and just so you know, there are a number of people that agree with me, but want to remain anonymous)...  And those of you who need a list of things wrong with the decks, just stop it already... Just look at both of them... if you collect cards, then you should be insulted that these are being posted on this forum altogether...
Have you even seen any of the recent progress on his deck? I won't argue about the steampunk, but I can at least acknowledge an improvement.

As far as this... uh... mystic crap is concerned, I really don't think it's worth the exposure we're giving it by talking about it. It's not the first time some kid with no talent or ressources tries to get into the big game. Whatever.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
There are a couple of injustices happening here. First and foremost, this deck. Kickstarter has seen the likes of Vortex and let us not forget about Lance's decks. So the platform is great for just starting, but it must be done with transparency and quality. These disgraces gracing the pages are becoming abundant in trash.
This forum started as a community and family. I feel we need to return to that. We all know who we are, let's not turn on each other. Just chase those who try to come in here and basically steal from us off and get back to what deserves out attention and posts. There are several children within this community, that is for sure. If you are one of these still living with mommy and having to ask for an advance on your allowance to buy a deck of cards, try to do so under the radar. Respect is huge here.
I'm a bit flustered right now and my words may not come across the way I have intended, but hopefully the gist is received.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

@Nathan... At risk of alienating you or anyone else, you do come across as though you are very knowledgable about many topics, but I believe that you are not... I am still unsure of your age, but have asked a number of times, because I believe that a child that not allowed to buy decks because his mommy or daddy says so would really be hard pressed to add wisdom or pertinent information to any thread...

As far as the topic... How very sad... "I'm the creator and CEO of PDC (Purple Diamond Cards) who makes custom cards for companies and for magicians/card artists like you."  You've made no custom cards for magicians or card artists ever... You're not CEO of anything... In fact I'd say you don't have a corporation, llc, or anything for that matter... as far as your ecstasy decks, I'd say it looks as though you've probably taken to much already and should probably stop..

As far as Kickstarter goes, it appears to have jumped the shark, but there are occasionally a few diamonds amongst the rest of the garbage  for every ape deck there is a Vortex, for every steampunk deck there is a Tendril, and for every purple x deck there is a Spectrum...
Well if my steampunk deck was garbage it wouldnt have 200+ backers. Im really geting tired of this, but you are right that someone else agrees with you, thatd be bmpokerworld, shake hands, now you dont have to pretend to yourself that there is some magical group of people that agree with you but say nothing, cuz at least now theres one.
Sorry im acting like a child now, but I do beleive in those cards, im just really getting tired of this.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member

Well if my steampunk deck was garbage it wouldnt have 200+ backers. Im really geting tired of this, but you are right that someone else agrees with you, thatd be bmpokerworld, shake hands, now you dont have to pretend to yourself that there is some magical group of people that agree with you but say nothing, cuz at least now theres one.
Sorry im acting like a child now, but I do beleive in those cards, im just really getting tired of this.

For the record, I have never commented on the Steampunk deck you have on Kickstarter. I think in the end, it will be the same problem with quality that I think you will have with the Ultra Ape deck. Everyone has there own opinion about custom decks. Personally I like the court cards of the steampunk deck and would have loved to see what the rest of the deck would look like. Unfortunately you did not show any of the other cards, only the court cards.

The sad part is they are not USPCC. There is a reason that all the "Big Guys" use them. It is because they produce the best product on the market today, period. But you seem unmoved by the wealth of information in the marketplace today that clearly shows their products are superior. You seem to be only concerned about how much money you put in your pocket.

As far as the Ultra Ape deck, I liked the original version very much especially since it was advertised as Kem stock. But the the new back design, in my opinion, leaves a lot to be desired.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:32:00 PM by bmpokerworld »

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
You know it's hysterical, but when everyone is in agreement, it's okay to bash a Merz or the Meme deck, but the fact of the matter, nothing is said about the fact that you, Reagan, started a whole post naming it 'crappy new deck...' You of all people dedicate an entire thread putting down a deck... The whole point of what I am saying is who are you to judge anything when your deck(s) are mediocre at best... And you really need to read more carefully because BMPokerworld never said anything about your decks, and no, I am not making up that more than a few people feel the way I do about your cards... If you want enough already, stop commenting on others decks and putting them down, because I'd rather own a slew of decks that you put down before anything you've touched... And for anyone that has issues with the way I write or speak - deal with it... I speak what's on my mind and I don't sugarcoat it for anyone... Those of you who are unable to speak what's on your mind, then I don't know what to say to you... If you can't speak your mind in a forum such as this, then I can imagine how you get along in real life...  It's alright for everyone to write nine posts on what a piece of $#!T the Merz Tiger Deck is, but I must give an essay on what exactly I don't like about the Ape deck?  Wow... 'A few' of you have definitely got it twisted...

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 07:39:59 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Here is my review. Please tell me if you enjoy it!

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
You know it's hysterical, but when everyone is in agreement, it's okay to bash a Merz or the Meme deck, but the fact of the matter, nothing is said about the fact that you, Reagan, started a whole post naming it 'crappy new deck...' You of all people dedicate an entire thread putting down a deck... The whole point of what I am saying is who are you to judge anything when your deck(s) are mediocre at best... And you really need to read more carefully because BMPokerworld never said anything about your decks, and no, I am not making up that more than a few people feel the way I do about your cards... If you want enough already, stop commenting on others decks and putting them down, because I'd rather own a slew of decks that you put down before anything you've touched... And for anyone that has issues with the way I write or speak - deal with it... I speak what's on my mind and I don't sugarcoat it for anyone... Those of you who are unable to speak what's on your mind, then I don't know what to say to you... If you can't speak your mind in a forum such as this, then I can imagine how you get along in real life...  It's alright for everyone to write nine posts on what a piece of $#!T the Merz Tiger Deck is, but I must give an essay on what exactly I don't like about the Ape deck?  Wow... 'A few' of you have definitely got it twisted...

Very well said.  +1

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 07:52:20 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
So what your saying is I am not allowed to have an opinion or voice it because you dont like my deck, and I was speaking about bmpokerworlds posts on unitedcardists, but I dont have a beef with him because he actually gave a reason why he doesnt like my deck ( he thinks that I am in it for a quick money grab or something like that ).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:52:53 PM by ReaganM »

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I don't like this deck, but I think it could have been nice. The borders on the back are terrible, remind me of monarchs. The X's look kinda neat but not super cool. The white and purple color scheme doesnt work well though.

Also, everyone stop fighting! We are all friends here, don't necisarily like everyone, just respect their opinions. :karrit:
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@ReaganM... I don't mean this to be insulting, but it's either your age or intellect that is inhibiting you from understanding what I wrote... It's actually the contrary... Apparently it is I who is not allowed to have an opinion about your decks... You are allowed to have whatever opinion you like... You should however be more careful who you criticize being that you are attempting to release decks yourself... Did you notice how even some of the designers backed off of The Con Artist?  Why is it that you seem to want to dish it out, but can't take it... This is really getting old... So let's agree to disagree... You continue to think that the Ape and Steampunk decks are quality decks and are a nice contribution to the Card Collecting Community, and I will continue to think they are not... Just try and be more discreet when commenting about other peoples work in the future... All the best... -J.

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I think I was one of those who said the monkey deck was bananas from the start...see what I did there?  ;) Failure speaks for itself. T11 releases a Steampunk deck and it is mediocre in comparison to the deck Lance is doing. He actually puts time and work into his decks. What would make someone think an even more halfass attempt at steampunk would work? A word to the wise...if you want to make a deck, make sure it is of worth and brings something to the community. Take your cues from the big guys and the successful little guys who will become big hitters ( Vortex, Tendril, Lance Decks ). Stop wasting our time with shit attempts at a dollar.

stepping off my soapbox ::)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 10:01:48 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
@ReaganM... I don't mean this to be insulting, but it's either your age or intellect that is inhibiting you from understanding what I wrote... It's actually the contrary... Apparently it is I who is not allowed to have an opinion about your decks... You are allowed to have whatever opinion you like... You should however be more careful who you criticize being that you are attempting to release decks yourself... Did you notice how even some of the designers backed off of The Con Artist?  Why is it that you seem to want to dish it out, but can't take it... This is really getting old... So let's agree to disagree... You continue to think that the Ape and Steampunk decks are quality decks and are a nice contribution to the Card Collecting Community, and I will continue to think they are not... Just try and be more discreet when commenting about other peoples work in the future... All the best... -J.

Well said again.   +1

I think this forum should have a "LIKE" button!!!!!