You are Here:
House of Playing Cards Project from The Blue Crown (Launches May 8th!)

Author (Read 24478 times)

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Hey folks!  Only a little over an hour until launch!  Hope to see you all there!!
Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The NOC deck box has been revealed! Looks great and I love how simple it is!

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
The NOC deck box has been revealed! Looks great and I love how simple it is!
I like the simplicity but I feel like it lacks 1 phrase or word in the yellow.

vmagic

And there's 5 colors apparently!

It would be nice if companies didn't wait until the last minute to unveil their sites though. The seasonsplayingcards.com did the same thing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:43:13 PM by vmagic »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Correct, there will be Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, and Purple.

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

It would be nice if companies didn't wait until the last minute to unveil their sites though. The seasonsplayingcards.com did the same thing.
We've known that there are 5 colors for a week now. And the site is:
http://houseofplayingcards.com/
We've known that for 2 weeks. They have a newsletter as well.
And we knew about the Seasons website 2 weeks before hand as well. I'm not sure where you've been.

vmagic

I've known about the websites for quite some time now, but what I meant is that they haven't launched the site yet, at least now from what I can see, it just shows a page where you can subscribe for their newsletter or whatever.

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
He means when they publish the finished sites at the last minute problems tend to go wrong.

Although we knew about seasonsplayingcards.com for two weeks when it was published there were a number of problems making it so many people, including yourself, unable to get some.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I've known about the websites for quite some time now, but what I meant is that they haven't launched the site yet, at least now from what I can see, it just shows a page where you can subscribe for their newsletter or whatever.
That's kind of the point though. They don't want to reveal their project and site before the release time.

vmagic

They already did via a youtube video on their facebook, looks awesome!

vmagic

And it crashed!

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Why launch a site with no products or anything?

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys, the site is now live at www.houseofplayingcards.com

We are getting TONS of hits on the server, so please bear with us if the site is a little slow!

Thanks to everyone for your support
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
how do we go in to the website ?

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Congrats on the HOPC launch!
The site looks great and I look forward to checking out its features.

Eyeball

• Elite Member
Gah!!!!! I checked out as a guest because I thought it would be quicker, but at the end (after I completed my order) it told me that I wouldn't get any points because I didn't make an account. Is there anyway I can make an account and have these points still apply? It would have been nice if there was a notification about not receiving points if you checked out as a guest BEFORE I completed my order...

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I can't get in... ??????

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Shipping for any # of decks is $18 to canada, Thats pretty high.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

nimblewitted

Perhaps it's just me, but I think this site was over-hyped. With exception to the whole "Create your own cards" concept, there's nothing really new here. Just a couple of new decks and a rehash of a few others. So much for being "like no other". That, and what kind of company doesn't show pictures of the deck faces (for NOC)?? Make me think they're the same faces as the crown decks (which weren't really great from the start).

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I absolutely love the layout of the website! It screams of "cleanliness" and professionalism. The prices aren't outrageous like other sites, and the variety is nothing like I've seen before. The site is very maneuverable and organized so that anyone can find what they are looking for. The site is truly amazing, but I even think that phrase wouldn't even tell about the site to its extent. The fact that you allowed us to gain points and coupons based on ad cards is wonderful. If it were up to me, the hype was totally worth it and I can't wait to see what wonders you have coming up in store. :D

P.S. - Are you able to use the Blue Crown store account instead of creating a new, separate HOPC account?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Ok. I just realized I can't access the site through Google Chrome. It works through Safari though.

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got 2 purple, 2 red, and 2 blue NOC decks!
What did you get?

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys!  Thanks for all of the comments.  I'm sure you can imagine, we are quite busy right now - there are always kinks to work out!

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but we think our Deck Submission program is extremely innovative and exciting for the industry.  Crunch your own numbers, and I think you'll see that our program is VERY attractive opposed to using Kickstarter, putting up your own funds, etc.

Shipping is expensive these days.  Have you looked at the price of fuel?  Our shipping rates our based on actual USPS rates.  Often we use flat rate where possible, so while it can be a little expensive for a couple of decks, it saves on large orders.  We charge very little for handling.  Trust me, we are not making a profit on our shipping rates.

I'm always happy to help however I can, but if you have any issues, please make sure you send an email to info@houseofplayingcards.com rather than messaging me here on the forums.  Going through our official channels will get you the quickest response.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I absolutely love the layout of the website! It screams of "cleanliness" and professionalism. The prices aren't outrageous like other sites, and the variety is nothing like I've seen before. The site is very maneuverable and organized so that anyone can find what they are looking for. The site is truly amazing, but I even think that phrase wouldn't even tell about the site to its extent. The fact that you allowed us to gain points and coupons based on ad cards is wonderful. If it were up to me, the hype was totally worth it and I can't wait to see what wonders you have coming up in store. :D

P.S. - Are you able to use the Blue Crown store account instead of creating a new, separate HOPC account?
I totally agree. Although I know I'll regret it later, I won't pick up the NOC decks or any other deck for sale there. I find the site very well thought out, and the ideas brilliant. I also picked up the free flourishes video, because, although I know how to perform them all, I just want to see Alex Pandrea's take on the flourishes and his way of teaching them. I don't really understand the "video" category though.

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
HOPC is a totally separate site from The Blue Crown as far as purchasing is concerned.  You will need an account on each site to make purchases.  HOPC has some unique features (such as the points system) that are not implemented on The Blue Crown
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com