You are Here:
House of Playing Cards Project from The Blue Crown (Launches May 8th!)

Author (Read 24451 times)

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
We only did about a week of dedicated teasers and "hype" for these, so hopefully the verdict would be under-hyped, especially since we never claimed them to be the best thing since sliced bread :)

Looking forward to seeing your review Evan!

Also, and I guess this would be difficult to tell since everything about the deck has been in text, but we actually don't call it the N-O-C deck with the separate letters, but rather rhymes with "knock".

Kevin

What does NOC mean/ stand for?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
We only did about a week of dedicated teasers and "hype" for these, so hopefully the verdict would be under-hyped, especially since we never claimed them to be the best thing since sliced bread :)

Looking forward to seeing your review Evan!

Also, and I guess this would be difficult to tell since everything about the deck has been in text, but we actually don't call it the N-O-C deck with the separate letters, but rather rhymes with "knock".

Kevin
A lot of hype is also created by collectors/magicians/cardists/card users. Many said this would be an awesome innovation, but many criticized it and said it would be useless. That's what I mean. I personally love TBC as a company because of their friendliness, down-to-earth-ness and the innovation of their products. Unlike many companies which I shall not name, you do not make too much hype for your products, which always stun. Also, the fact that you are here on these forums to discuss your plans with us shows how close you are to your customers, not a company much superior and well-above collectors and card users.

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
i haven't opened the rest of my noc decks to know if this is the same with the rest of them but in the one i did open i received and extra queen of hearts. whats up with that?
have you heard the word???

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
You'll note that the ad copy on the NOC product page states: "We've even included a duplicate card, which is great for magic tricks!"

Each NOC has a duplicate Queen of Hearts.  Use it however you like!!    :D
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
You'll note that the ad copy on the NOC product page states: "We've even included a duplicate card, which is great for magic tricks!"

Each NOC has a duplicate Queen of Hearts.  Use it however you like!!    :D

I had a hunch that's what the extra queen was for!  Will you always keep it a queen of hearts, or will you change it up on future print runs?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Got my decks today, they are ok decks. Although the charged me for Priority shipping and shipped it First Class International  >:( I have emailed them though. I have not been having good luck with shipping lately. ::)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
what other decks use Bic stock and magic finish? these feel very different to me than other decks that have been released lately. I am still breaking in my purple deck and it feels smooth, but almost sandy at the same time. I do like the feel quite a bit though.
have you heard the word???

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
No final decisions yet for the next printing of NOCs.  Could keep the dupe, could change it up.

Aaron, if you have emailed the team, they will take care of you ASAP.

Lots of other decks have used the Bike stock/Magic finish combo.  Yet, they all tend to feel a little different.  This is due to environmental changes, ink densities on the cards, etc.  It can be hard to predict the exact feel and handling of a deck, even if it uses the same stock and finish as another deck.  Lots of other factors determine the final feel of each deck.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
No final decisions yet for the next printing of NOCs.  Could keep the dupe, could change it up.

Aaron, if you have emailed the team, they will take care of you ASAP.

Lots of other decks have used the Bike stock/Magic finish combo.  Yet, they all tend to feel a little different.  This is due to environmental changes, ink densities on the cards, etc.  It can be hard to predict the exact feel and handling of a deck, even if it uses the same stock and finish as another deck.  Lots of other factors determine the final feel of each deck.

Waiting on a reply :)

I have acctually noticed through even the NOC decks, some feel a little different, the darker decks (Purple, Blue) feel a little different that the bright (yellow, Red) decks. I do like the decks though, very simplistic and elegant, fun to play with.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.