You are Here:
Mystery Deck By Dan & Dave

Author (Read 16534 times)

Mystery Deck By Dan & Dave
« on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:58 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
  "We pulled a limited number of cards from our private reserve, featuring over 100 unique decks, and have made them available at an extremely affordable price. However, each deck has been hand-wrapped so not even we know what you'll receive. The mystery is waiting for you to unwrap, literally! Additionally, we've included a handful of rare and valuable playing cards just waiting to be the prize of your collection.

We invite you to experience the joy of surprise our Deck of The Month Club members get 12 times a year, right now, and for a fraction of the price."

http://shop.dananddave.com/mystery-deck.html

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:00:35 AM by Knobz1 »
- Adam

Re: Mystery Deck By Dan & Dave
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »

Strag

• True Member
Of course, if you wanted to buy a brick of these, well you can't.  The variety box is "sold out" and therefore you can't check out with 12 or more decks in your cart.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:30:25 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Of course, if you wanted to buy a brick of these, well you can't.  The variety box is "sold out" and therefore you can't check out with 12 or more decks in your cart.

You are mistaken, a variety box does not allow you to not purchase 12 or more.

As for this, I think it is fucking brilliant, kinda like a lucky dip prize!  :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:30:48 AM by Joker and the Thief »
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:05 AM »

Strag

• True Member

As for this, I think it is fucking brilliant, kinda like a lucky dip prize!  :D

No, I mean the variety box you get "free" with 12 or more decks (it's just the empty box).

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:57 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

How so??   I just added 12 of these mystery decks to my cart and it wont let me check out because if you buy 12 decks or more you get a Free Variety Box.   Well, it just so happens the variety box is out of stock so you cant check out.   You have to buy 11 decks or less.
- Adam

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 09:18:57 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular

How so??   I just added 12 of these mystery decks to my cart and it wont let me check out because if you buy 12 decks or more you get a Free Variety Box.   Well, it just so happens the variety box is out of stock so you cant check out.   You have to buy 11 decks or less.

May I ask if you check out as member please? I noticed only the membership discount is calculated to the 12 decks, is this normal please?

Thanks!

Doris

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »

Strag

• True Member
I'm not a member so I can't check out that way.  The 15% discount you are seeing for 12 decks is the normal 15% you get for buyin a brick.  Of course, you can't actually BUY a brick right now ;)

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular
I'm not a member so I can't check out that way.  The 15% discount you are seeing for 12 decks is the normal 15% you get for buyin a brick.  Of course, you can't actually BUY a brick right now ;)

Thanks, Strag!

I just bought 11...

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Has it occurred to you guys to ASK someone over at D&D about this - since it's probably just some glitch in the software?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Well..........I just bought 11 mystery decks as well.   I been saving up all my buck points to put towards the S&M V7's but was truly disappointed like many of you guys.   And I dont really purchase very much from Dan and Dave besides some playing cards and a magic download here and there.   So I decided to use all my buck points and purchase 11 mystery decks.   Soooo 11 mystery decks + 30 some buck points + holiday free shipping and only cost me just under $30.   I'm a happy camper  :)
- Adam

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm just curious as to what some of you will end up getting.  Remember, they used to sell Studs, and they still sell Bikes, Bees, Tally Ho and even Aviators!

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 01:58:15 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I'm just curious as to what some of you will end up getting.  Remember, they used to sell Studs, and they still sell Bikes, Bees, Tally Ho and even Aviators!
If that happened..............I would never purchase a D&D product again.  Just like I haven't purchased anything from Jay Sankey after that Big Ass Box Of Magic nightmare.   Plus Jay Sankeys customer service is a joke.   
- Adam

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
"Over 100 unique decks."

Sounds to me like 90 pieces of garbage, and 9 pieces of decent, and 1 Jerry's Nugget.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Well..........I just bought 11 mystery decks as well.   I been saving up all my buck points to put towards the S&M V7's but was truly disappointed like many of you guys.   And I dont really purchase very much from Dan and Dave besides some playing cards and a magic download here and there.   So I decided to use all my buck points and purchase 11 mystery decks.   Soooo 11 mystery decks + 30 some buck points + holiday free shipping and only cost me just under $30.   I'm a happy camper  :)

Is free shipping automatic or did it come with using your points? Or did you use a code?

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Im not buying anything from D&D until the only thing i have buyed from them gets delivered at my doorstep.

My package has been stuck at San Francisco for 3 weeks and THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET wont call the USPS office because they are "busy".

Wow!

So no "mistery decks".

It also sounds like a straight rip-off, they sell so many "so-so" decks that getting a good deck seems almost impossible.

Form Follows Function

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I wouldn't go so far as to call it a rip off, but I can't help but think that most people are going to end up massively overpaying for a bunch of decks, and end up with 1 semi-rare deck not worth the cost. Of course they put in the picture a JN, a game of death deck, a red jaqk, etc etc, but I doubt even getting a brick would give you a decent chance at getting a rare deck, especially at only 6 bucks per deck when the DOTM club is closer to 10 bucks per deck.

"fools gold", maybe?

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Im not buying anything from D&D until the only thing i have buyed from them gets delivered at my doorstep.

My package has been stuck at San Francisco for 3 weeks and THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET wont call the USPS office because they are "busy".

Wow!

So no "mistery decks".

It also sounds like a straight rip-off, they sell so many "so-so" decks that getting a good deck seems almost impossible.

To be fair to them, calling USPS doesn't do anything. They may as well buy 500lb of tomatoes and throw them at kids on the sidewalk.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Is free shipping automatic or did it come with using your points? Or did you use a code?
Its automatic.   Its free holiday shipping.
- Adam

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It's like one of those things that sound too good to be true. I mean, out of the "100 unique deck" how many of those are actually have a high value. Sure, D&D's product page pictures rare and valuable deck, but the DOTM page does that also, and we all know what that has become. Still am curious as to what you guys will get. It's like D&D luxury take of HOPC brick.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 12:25:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well, despite my earlier statement, I doubt they'll be handing out any genuine-article clunkers not worth the cost of the purchase.  It will more likely be that the "not-so-valuable" decks will be ordinary stuff from their line of D&D and T11 decks.

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 04:16:59 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Well, despite my earlier statement, I doubt they'll be handing out any genuine-article clunkers not worth the cost of the purchase.  It will more likely be that the "not-so-valuable" decks will be ordinary stuff from their line of D&D and T11 decks.

I think that's the way D&D would go. It's a lucky dip, you don't know what you are going to get. Since its from the private reserves, I'm hoping for some older decks, such as arrcos, aladdins and wynns.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 08:59:19 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I'm kinda surprised these haven't sold out yet.   They did say over 100 unique decks.   But how many over 100?   I have seen quite a few people buying bricks of these.   Hmmm...
- Adam

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm kinda surprised these haven't sold out yet.   They did say over 100 unique decks.   But how many over 100?   I have seen quite a few people buying bricks of these.   Hmmm...

"Over 100 unique decks" simply indicates the variety, not the quantity.

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 01:46:33 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yah, chances are they have many duplicates of those "100 unique decks."
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 02:12:42 PM »

Angel_magic

• Forum Regular
I think there's a glitch on their website because they're offering these at $5.95 each; a semi-reasonable price... Someone should let them know so they can fix it, we don't want them handing out 500 Kentucky tally hos for that cheap, they might only make a little bit of profit :/
Check out my thread with a BUNCH of rare decks and accessories for sale!
http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=11812.0