You are Here:
Blue LTD from Ellusionist [NEW]

Author (Read 21341 times)

Re: Blue LTD from Ellusionist [NEW]
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2013, 08:06:38 PM »

John Spade

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Muhahahaha, my brick arrived today (included with it, a free red ltd  ;D). I love the faces a thousand times more than the back design. The seal is also kinda weird imo

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »

g-low

I like the look of these but have not had the chance to try these (or the red ones). I look forward to a review to pop up soon.

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2013, 11:03:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Muhahahaha, my brick arrived today (included with it, a free red ltd  ;D). I love the faces a thousand times more than the back design. The seal is also kinda weird imo

The seal is the letters "LTD" microprinted over and over.  I can see that and I practically need glasses!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
  • "Simul iustus et peccator"
Ordered my deck finally today - along with a deck of Masters. I have the Black Shadow Masters, but have never had a normal deck. But I am really looking forward to the LTDs
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2013, 01:41:16 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
so I'm sure you guys have mentioned this before, but the LTD's say that they are the Illusionist Playing Card Company - how long have they been mnftr their own cards?

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Please please please don't double post. Just edit your previous one. But we did discuss that a while back... It would probably take a combination of amazing memory and great search skills to find exactly which thread. But the just if it was that Ellusionist seems to be a little split at the moment.

We know them as first and foremost a magic company. Yet they label their new decks "Ellusionist Playing Card Company". They seem to be confused on which direction they want to go to. Although, with what they're selling, I'd say they want to stick with magic.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
Please please please don't double post.

Thanks, I wasn't trying to double post my two posts are 2 days apart. I was worried if I didn't make a new post this time, my question would sit on page 2 all alone

:(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:55:29 PM by DavidKenney »

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

Thanks, I wasn't trying to "double post" my two posts are 2 days apart.

It's all good. It's just usually a rule of thumb or even a rule in most forums. But double post simply refers to having a post under your own post doesn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, to bring it back on topic. I still have been hesitant to purchase this deck due to not really liking the design in general. I didn't really like the red LTDs to begin with. I think Ellusionist is just trying to milk these LTD decks for all their worth. Nothing wrong with that, seeing as everyone else does that with everything else.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

It's all good. It's just usually a rule of thumb or even a rule in most forums. But double post simply refers to having a post under your own post doesn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, to bring it back on topic. I still have been hesitant to purchase this deck due to not really liking the design in general. I didn't really like the red LTDs to begin with. I think Ellusionist is just trying to milk these LTD decks for all their worth. Nothing wrong with that, seeing as everyone else does that with everything else.
Michael, his double post is okay.   Like he said, it was 2 days apart.   When we refer to double posting we mean within minutes of each other or possibly a few hours.   No harm or foul done DavidKenney.   Your all good.
- Adam

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2013, 03:28:32 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

Michael, his double post is okay.   Like he said, it was 2 days apart.   When we refer to double posting we mean within minutes of each other or possibly a few hours.   No harm or foul done DavidKenney.   Your all good.

Thanks for the correction. Now I know better. Always willing to teach but honestly prefer learning more. So thanks for the info Knobz.

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Thanks for the correction. Now I know better. Always willing to teach but honestly prefer learning more. So thanks for the info Knobz.
No problem Michael.   As far as the Blue LTD deck goes, I wanna grab a few decks but am waiting for the release and reviews for the new effect called Invisible by Damien Savina.   That way I can save on shipping and get everything together.   I have 3 Red LTD decks and haven't even opened up one.   With the blue decks coming out I really don't need to now.   But in time I will.
- Adam

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
This is why you don't moderate when you aren't a moderator

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Just an FYI on our double/triple/quintuple post rules: You can do whatever you want here until people/staff get sick of your shit, then you get warnings, and then you get banned.

So the perks of being a contributing member is that you can get away with a little spam/double posting. It's all about... LE RATIOS.

Okay back on topic.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
As far as the Blue LTD deck goes, I wanna grab a few decks but am waiting for the release and reviews for the new effect called Invisible by Damien Savina.   That way I can save on shipping and get everything together.   I have 3 Red LTD decks and haven't even opened up one.   With the blue decks coming out I really don't need to now.   But in time I will.

You might want to open a red pack sooner than you think.  The blue deck has a gaff card for the red deck, an extra queen of hearts.  Very useful tool for certain tricks, having two of the same card...

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
The blue deck has a gaff card for the red deck, an extra queen of hearts.

spent so much time looking at the faces I totally missed that

« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »

Xntrix

• True Member

• Facebook:
We know them as first and foremost a magic company. Yet they label their new decks "Ellusionist Playing Card Company". They seem to be confused on which direction they want to go to. Although, with what they're selling, I'd say they want to stick with magic.

Confused? Given the fact that we were the company to start the Custom Playing Cards market ten years ago, I'd say we're very well aware of exactly who we are. The Ellusionist Playing Card Company is a subsidiary of Ellusionist.com LLC, which gives us a little more leeway when it comes to the Legal Division when printing through USPCC.

EPCC has a different logo (the Phoenix) which you'll see printed on the bottom of the box and on our Colossal Close-Up Mat. We've been printing under EPCC for about 9 months now. 

-Jake
To enquire about Ellusionist sponsorship,  provide feedback or just have a chat - please email me at Jake {at} ellusionist.com

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
As far as the Blue LTD deck goes, I wanna grab a few decks but am waiting for the release and reviews for the new effect called Invisible by Damien Savina.   That way I can save on shipping and get everything together.   I have 3 Red LTD decks and haven't even opened up one.   With the blue decks coming out I really don't need to now.   But in time I will.

You might want to open a red pack sooner than you think.  The blue deck has a gaff card for the red deck, an extra queen of hearts.  Very useful tool for certain tricks, having two of the same card...

well, there are better ways of doing a duplicate card trick than opening a rare deck of cards

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2013, 09:19:56 PM »

alex

My Blue LTD arrive today. very awesome deck. I like it.

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

Confused? Given the fact that we were the company to start the Custom Playing Cards market ten years ago, I'd say we're very well aware of exactly who we are. The Ellusionist Playing Card Company is a subsidiary of Ellusionist.com LLC, which gives us a little more leeway when it comes to the Legal Division when printing through USPCC.

EPCC has a different logo (the Phoenix) which you'll see printed on the bottom of the box and on our Colossal Close-Up Mat. We've been printing under EPCC for about 9 months now. 

-Jake

I understand now that EPCC is a subsidiary of Ellusionist.com LLC. I hadn't given it much thought while I initially posted. The last time I thought about it, Ellusionist had just started printing under EPCC. When this first occurred my thought was that Ellusionist was moving away from being a magic company and towards a playing card company. Obviously you can be a magic company that does playing cards as well. I don't ponder the present image of a company on a daily basis so I had thought in the past that Ellusionist might be changing markets and never have it another thought. It seems I am the one confused.

And if Ellusionist was the ones to start the custom playing card market, a thank you is in order. But that was not my point and doesn't show that the company "knows who they are". Just that they had an amazing idea and sold it. I'm sure we've all done amazing things out of character that would puzzle an onlooker. :D

« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

-Jake

Just out of curiosity, how does that leeway thing work?  I can't imagine how that would work, but then again, I am not a magic company with a subsidiary that makes playing card designs...