You are Here:

Author (Read 746 times)

« on: August 20, 2021, 02:03:19 PM »

Fenrir

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Hey Everyone,

Just joined and wanted to say hello. Got some of the general questions below. Started collecting in November of 2020 and am now at about 350 decks (including KS waiting on fulfillment).

Where are you from? - Toronto, Canada
Are you a Cardist? Magician? Collector? - Collector
What got you into the arts? - My wife bought me some decks as a birthday present and then it spiralled out of control
How did you find out about the forums? - Joined 52+Joker and this was one of the options

Is there a place for sales and to buy decks? I wish I had some of the older 52+Joker decks and hoping someone has some for sale here but I couldn't find the right sub forum.

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »

NCC1888

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Welcome! You should come to the 52+Joker Convention in October in Niagara Falls. Everything you want to know, learn and see will be there.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 03:12:01 PM »

Fenrir

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
That's my plan since I am close enough to the border but it is highly dependent if the USA opens up traffic to driving and the COVID situation of course.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 03:46:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey Everyone,

Just joined and wanted to say hello. Got some of the general questions below. Started collecting in November of 2020 and am now at about 350 decks (including KS waiting on fulfillment).

Where are you from? - Toronto, Canada
Are you a Cardist? Magician? Collector? - Collector
What got you into the arts? - My wife bought me some decks as a birthday present and then it spiralled out of control
How did you find out about the forums? - Joined 52+Joker and this was one of the options

Is there a place for sales and to buy decks? I wish I had some of the older 52+Joker decks and hoping someone has some for sale here but I couldn't find the right sub forum.

Welcome, Fenrir,

There are two "for sale" boards on this forum, both marked as "STISO", meaning "Sale, Trade or In Search Of" - one caters to modern decks while the other specializes in vintage and antique.

You should contact Steve Bowling, the club treasurer.  Once he's confirmed your membership, he can upgrade your account to Club Member, which gives you access to more boards that are exclusive to club members.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 08:21:49 AM »

Fenrir

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Hey Don,

Thanks for the heads up. I just sent him an email.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 08:23:33 AM by Fenrir »