Hobby Farmer Playing Cards
« on: February 03, 2015, 06:02:17 PM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular

Re: Hobby Farmer Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 07:42:29 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Funny :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 12:48:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It's not exactly a common theme - but then again, neither was currency until Jackson Robinson upended the deck collectors' corner of Kickstarter.

The art isn't to my liking.  So few things are these days - I think I'm getting grumpy as I get older.

That aside, the indices are REALLY SMALL, with EVEN SMALLER pips in them.

Knowing USPC's notoriously problematic alignment issues, there's a mighty fine chance that the faces - specifically those plants printed into the bleed area - will end up not looking quite as nice as planned.  And that assumes that they get the backs right - with this thick, white border on the back, that should be less of an issue, but one never knows.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:49:03 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
I'd probably back them if the back design fit the theme, but I don't understand what rectangles have to do with farming?

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 05:25:32 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
The card back is difficult to get down. I agree entirely there. I guess it's supposed to be fields or something. A lot of wasted space and the upper left corner is left blank. That's prime real estate and it does bother me. The courts are alright though, I don't mind them. I like the full bleed ghost image on the card face and think it would have been an interesting card back. I don't feel like this deck is finished though. Just smacks of "lets see how this does" instead of "This is done, it's great and I love it." in my opinion.

I'd like to see it evolve throughout the campaign and see it's funding goal met. I think there's a certain charm and an underlying joke here that's pretty great.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)