Post KS Sales Channels?

Author (Read 535 times)

Post KS Sales Channels?
« on: December 26, 2013, 10:56:21 AM »

Lukeout

• Forum Regular

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not. But I'm curious if there is a thread somewhere on post KS sales channels. For my previous game Kickstarters, it was fairly easy to tie into an established network of distributors and retailers. As a newb to playing cards, I'm curious if there is a similar network for playing cards? I see a few on-line retailers, but I don't have a good sense of who the "big boys" are in the space.

Thanks all! (and apologies if I put this in the wrong forum!)
"Design is nothing more or less than the ability to go from what exists to what is preferred."

Re: Post KS Sales Channels?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 12:25:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not. But I'm curious if there is a thread somewhere on post KS sales channels. For my previous game Kickstarters, it was fairly easy to tie into an established network of distributors and retailers. As a newb to playing cards, I'm curious if there is a similar network for playing cards? I see a few on-line retailers, but I don't have a good sense of who the "big boys" are in the space.

Thanks all! (and apologies if I put this in the wrong forum!)

World's biggest wholesaler of magic and playing cards: Murphy's, out of California.  They're online.  I know of a few non-KS deck companies that have used Murphy's.

Some designers aren't fond of the treatment they get from some retailers and prefer to sell at retail on their own site.  Depending on the popularity of the deck, it can work nicely or leave you holding a lot of cards for an extended time.  The broader the deck's appeal, the easier it becomes to self-sell it out.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/