You are Here:
Red Arcane

Author (Read 17482 times)

Re: Red Arcane and Red Artifice v2!?!?!
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
If there going to make this Red Arcane similar to that of the Gold Arcane, I can say that I'll be down for it. Just please don't make an endless line of color variations, and just don't make a few colors unlimited and the rest rarities. Just some food for thought...
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

Re: Red Arcane and Red Artifice v2!?!?!
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

I just couldn't stop laughing when this first came up!!!! Evil people!!!!
but anyway they are finally coming up with it huh?
@loldude you'll be fine... I mean "he'll" be fine.

Re: Red Arcane
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2013, 01:49:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Yeah of course now Red Arcane is a "prototype" after my mock up proved to be so in demand. :P

I guess you feel honored that Brad & Co. are still dropping in from time to time...
If there going to make this Red Arcane similar to that of the Gold Arcane, I can say that I'll be down for it. Just please don't make an endless line of color variations, and just don't make a few colors unlimited and the rest rarities. Just some food for thought...

I wouldn't be happy if they simply swapped red for gold from the Gold Arcane deck.  That design had a serious flaw.  All the pips on the court cards are gold, which in this case would be equivalent to black, and all of the values are gold.  It's too easy to screw up identifying a card that way.

I guess Don was right about when there is a demand there will be a suply.

I really hope these are released sometime soon because they are going to be awesome. I wonder if they will go like the gold arcane and just do accents and pips with red or go like the white and black artifices and go all red.

I think traces would look best.

We don't even know yet if the Red Arcane is a legit release or just a prototype.  Madison said that Christian found it while digging in the warehouse.  That would imply (assuming it was accurate) that it was something conceived some time back, abandoned for whatever reasons and tucked away into storage, should anyone wish to revisit it - because if you're smart, you never throw away your prototypes, especially from abandoned concepts.  If nothing else, they can serve as an example of what not to do.  And of course, they can also be dusted off, looked at in a new light and reconsidered - but we still don't know for certain.

I'll tell you what, though - at the least, it looks like something they're considering.  I'll retitle this thread, remove the bogus "Red Artifice v2" part and continue it as a legit thread for the Red Arcane.  And I'll toss it into the NDR.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:58:40 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2013, 11:27:54 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
All the pips on the court cards are gold, which in this case would be equivalent to black, and all of the values are gold.
Wait. I'm confused. i thought gold was equivalent to red. If the pips were red on a black background, wouldn't that be easy to read?

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
All the pips on the court cards are gold, which in this case would be equivalent to black, and all of the values are gold.
Wait. I'm confused. i thought gold was equivalent to red. If the pips were red on a black background, wouldn't that be easy to read?

[sigh]   [/sigh]

Let me say it again - on the Gold Arcane, the court cards have these BIG pips next to the heads.  ALL of the court cards, regardless of card "color", have GOLD PIPS.  This means that spades and clubs are the same color as hearts and diamonds.  Which is why I would NOT like it if they did something similar with the Red Arcane deck.

Worst would be what they did with the Purple Artifice deck - make each pip out of the same two colors, just gradienting them in different ways.  I went blind trying to play solitaire with that deck!

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:12 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
ALL of the court cards, regardless of card "color", have GOLD PIPS.  This means that spades and clubs are the same color as hearts and diamonds.
Oh, okay. i understand you now. I forgot the part about the Gold Arcane having all gold pips . Now, that makes sense! With that new persespective, I can say I'm very curious to see how Ellusionist pulls off this deck color...IF THEIR DOING IT AT ALL!

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
They should create red arcanes, send it out to black club members (just like Madison rounders) and see what members have to say .. Then again, greedy people might just sell them on eBay hmmmm ...
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 11:37:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
They should create red arcanes, send it out to black club members (just like Madison rounders) and see what members have to say .. Then again, greedy people might just sell them on eBay hmmmm ...

Well, the running rumor is that they're in production.  Black Clubbers will likely get the usual 24-hour window before the public gets a crack at them, nothing more.  Just because they did it with Rounders, you shouldn't expect it with every single release.

As far as design, I'd think it would be subtle - some red in the back design, much like the placement of the gold on the Gold Arcanes, perhaps a little extra red in the courts.

There is also a possibility that they might do something akin to what they did to the Purple Artifice deck - some kind of weird-ass color blending that makes the whole thing a nightmare to read.  If they do go with infusing the black suits with red, I see a couple of possible choices.  I think using a light red (a.k.a. PINK!) would be a mistake, though they might do something silly like making them blood red, with the red suits a bright red, like on the copper Steam Punk deck - that red nearly hurts my eyes.  Giving the black pips a red halo glow effect could possibly work, if they don't get silly with it and make the red stand out too much.  A gentle effect would have a great impact in this case, I think.

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »

Xntrix

• True Member

• Facebook:
Wow. Talk about conspiracy theory and conjecture!

Red Arcanes exist, yes... As a prototype. I think they may have actually been created BEFORE the Gold Arcane, but without actually looking at Pre-Press dates, I couldn't be sure. I'd take the rumors you hear with a grain of salt - the prototypes that exist, exist in an unconventional way - are we going to make those prototypes available? Well, wh7n I sycg th88; &&&GI FL --sorry-- p9yhcew  ;iucuhi g6go --going through a tunnel-- 88uj (^OT%(*P#g u%%......

-Jake.
To enquire about Ellusionist sponsorship,  provide feedback or just have a chat - please email me at Jake {at} ellusionist.com

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2013, 11:31:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Wow. Talk about conspiracy theory and conjecture!

Red Arcanes exist, yes... As a prototype. I think they may have actually been created BEFORE the Gold Arcane, but without actually looking at Pre-Press dates, I couldn't be sure. I'd take the rumors you hear with a grain of salt - the prototypes that exist, exist in an unconventional way - are we going to make those prototypes available? Well, wh7n I sycg th88; &&&GI FL --sorry-- p9yhcew  ;iucuhi g6go --going through a tunnel-- 88uj (^OT%(*P#g u%%......

-Jake.

So, prototypes exist, but not a full production run...  Hmm...

I need to install a mini-cell tower in that tunnel of yours!  :))

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2013, 02:52:40 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I can only imagine the shit storm that would happen if E released RA prototypes

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 02:55:22 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So basically E should hire John, Levi and myself as the new marketing team. Gotcha
Forum Founder.

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
Red Arcane """prototypes""" Uncut sheets are available now for BC members.

"Recently discovered" and "misplaced in their warehouse".

I don't buy this D&Desque kind of marketing.

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Here's the e-mail

"Why you should put on a ski mask, lower yourself from the ceiling on a wire like Tom Cruise, to own one of these red Arcane PROTOTYPES...

Recently Discovered, Misplaced In Our Warehouse

A while ago The United States Playing Card Company printed our Gold Arcane decks and sheets. At the same time they offered to print uncut sheets of Red Arcanes as part of the Gold Arcane print run.

They sent us the Red Arcane sheets to compare to the Gold Arcane sheets. The small order of Red Arcane sheets was over-run and they sent us a few hundred. These were tucked away in the warehouse until we recently re-discovered the amazing Red Arcane sheets and have decided to allow the prototypes to be sold.

Order yours today before they are gone forever."

They are available now to black club members for $80

WHo gets HUNDREDS of prototypes made??

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2013, 08:25:59 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
Do you think they will be released for non black club members? If not, ellusionist may have a new member soon.
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
WHo gets HUNDREDS of prototypes made??

Yep, this is so fake that I totally lost interest in the awesome product that those uncuts are.

Guess they think everyone is stupid. ZOMG THESE R PROTOTYPES!!1!

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I'm pretty sure they owe me and a few others here $$ for marketing this for them. :P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2013, 09:42:18 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I'm pretty sure they owe me and a few others here $$ for marketing this for them. :P

I'm already getting my lawyer ready to sue.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I would rather a red arcane deck.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:35 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
$300 for one on eBay, $80 from E. I'm not a huge uncut fan, but I might consider one if not for the "few hundred" comment. Is that 300, or 5,000? Define "few". Just tell me how many exist, no cat and mouse game. Arcanes are pretty cool, red Arcanes are pretty cool. I just don't think that they are cool enough to buy considering a "few hundred" exist. Send them back, have them cut into decks, and I'm in for a deck that (for some reason) would be wildly popular, in a very limited edition of a "few hundred". I may be missing out, but I'm going to pass on this one. Something about all of this just doesn't seem quite right. Just a gut feeling.

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2013, 12:58:07 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I don't think E would want to release a limited deck anytime soon. Everytime on their facebook page when a new deck is being released half of the comments are along the lines of, "I hope this deck isn't a limited release." It shits me to tears...
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2013, 02:01:30 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
All a scam I say! Denial after denial about these and then the uncuts are released. I guess they denied the decks but still. Either way, I'm not in it for $80 uncuts.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2013, 03:10:57 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
So...

1. They just happened to "misplace" an extremely valuable "Prototype".
2. As CBJ said, why does one company need loads of proto's
3. If I am wrong please correct me. But doesn't a prototype deck cost $400 a pop?
4. They just happened to be offered to be printed and were accidentally overrun.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 03:55:08 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So...

1. They just happened to "misplace" an extremely valuable "Prototype".
2. As CBJ said, why does one company need loads of proto's
3. If I am wrong please correct me. But doesn't a prototype deck cost $400 a pop?
4. They just happened to be offered to be printed and were accidentally overrun.

1. Yeah, they didn't misplace shit.

2. This is debatable. When you order from USPCC, you can't do a one deck print run. They definitely could have ordered 500x or something to see what the cards would look like, while not having them cut into decks to save some dough.

3. Proto decks used to cost $250. Now I think they cost $400-500. Regardless, those are not made by USPCC card printers. They are made with a regular printer on a stock with no embossing or coating on it to make the finish "adhere." The result is the best handling deck in existence for about an hour of use. I don't think E is calling these "prototypes" the same thing that USPCC calls "prototypes."

4. Yeah, BS marketing tactic is BS.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2013, 04:03:27 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Surely after they first discovered a supposedly misplaced/hidden several hundred uncut sheets in the warehouse they would have gone looking for more treasures.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.