You are Here:
Hello. I have a secret!

Author (Read 10768 times)

Hello. I have a secret!
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:12:26 PM »

Marvin347

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. I am a pilot that also performs close up magic - mostly cards. I love strong effects. My wife is an amazing artist and together we are not only making a custom deck, we are creating a deck that has both great art work AND it has some hidden secrets. It's a marked deck that's never been done before and will pass the riffle test - no "going to the movies" haha. I won't give away too many details as the prototype is a month or two away but rest assured I'll be needing a lot of your help in making my kickstarter successful in the future months to come. I've already stumbled across a few good items and I am a fan of collecting decks. This site is great for gaining a knowledge base from a collective group of experts, collecting a few decks of cool cards and maybe offering advice, and hopefully offering a product that some of you would love to back as well. I look forward to interacting with some of you in the next while.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:52:14 PM by Marvin347 »

Re: Hello. I have a secret!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:47:04 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey, Marvin,

If you're looking for a little assistance with the work on that deck, keep me in mind.  I'm a magician and self-styled "deck tailor" - I make custom alterations to playing cards to make them into "magic decks" for folks like you and me!  My signature product is currently selling with Murphy's Magic Supplies: the "Blind Wizard Deck," a finely-cut, end-stripped deck with a nearly-invisible, tactile marking system on both the faces and the backs, allowing you to read the top and bottom cards of a stack by touch.  I've found them online selling in shops in several countries - it's pretty cool!

Welcome to the forum, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Hello. I have a secret!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:10:55 PM »

Marvin347

Thanks Don. I'll keep you in mind for that offer. Hopefully we can work together in some capacity in the future. As things unfold I'll PM you and keep you in the loop.