You are Here:
Video of why my friend is a paraplegic ( Not actual crash, just the reason why )

Author (Read 653 times)

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
One of my friends that I have met in college had a pretty bad motorcycle accident a few years back that broke his back. He is doing fairly well in recovery and it is looking like he will be able to walk again some day.

Here is a Reddit.com submission he made of the reason for the accident. He is extremely excited by how well it is being promoted on reddit, so if you have an account give it an upvote and if you don't, just take a look at the video.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/lwzrt/the_reason_im_a_paraplegic_not_actual_accident/

The intersection in the video is located in British Columbia, Canada

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:39:12 AM by Curt »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I'll make a reddit account and upvote it tonight. I always browse that site but never bother to make an account. I can't wait to sit down and see what his tale is. :)
Forum Founder.

Victoria

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I watched the vid. It's so crazy how at that angle the sign completely conceals all oncoming traffic until it's already too close to back up. I guess with that street you gotta hang back or baaarely inch forward to see at least a bit of what's behind the sign.

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Yes, the sign is in a ridiculously bad spot. What happened is my friend was on a motorcycle coming up the highway and a car, who's view was obstructed by the sign, turned left across the highway, not seeing my friend on the bike and cut him off.

Since the accident, his father has cut the sign down many times but it is always put back up. He has shown the problem to many of the people who have the authority to change it, but never really received much feedback. Maybe now with the video over 100,000 views, they might take it a bit more seriously. I guess we will find out.

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I watched the video last night - these kinds of signs are more common than they should be.  What is ridiculous though is that it's on a highway/freeway where cars are going at murdering speeds.

The fact that the local government doesn't listen is ridiculous. If I lived in Canada I'd definitely write a letter and give a phone call to help you guys get this idiocy off the streets.
Forum Founder.