You are Here:
Keeping track of your collection . . .

Author (Read 4689 times)

Re: Keeping track of your collection . . .
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 11:33:40 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I currently have an elaborate spreadsheet, but I'm thinking of moving everything over to the Book Collector software when I have time......time being the biggest problem as always. But the nice thing I noticed on the Book Collector software is that you can edit a lot of the fields to work much better with Playing Cards and the criteria we normally associate with them.

Thanks again Paul for bringing it to everyone's attention  :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:34:09 AM by Sparkz »

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »

superdarkdark

• Newcomer
  • bye, sickle.
currently i am 13 decks strong so my organization is.. well.. stacked on the corner of my nightstand. i was thinking about picking up a few composition notebooks to keep track of the decks i've scooped up.

it's odd too because, i am very tech oriented; from iPhones to iPads to electric shavers. one time i saved all of my usernames/passwords on a word file & my computer crash so i lost ALL of my important info. ever since then, whenever i want to keep a record of something important to me, i whip out the pen & pad. call me old fashion.

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 10:17:59 PM »

pmkane

• The art of seeing what is invisible to others.

• Facebook:
I am still a sucker for the written word, too, superdarkdark . . . those moleskin notebooks are my poison. In fact, I was thinking of doing a Kickstarter for a photographer's notebook made with similar construction to a Moleskin notebook. Ahhhh . . . so many idea, so little time to see them to fruition . . .

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 11:47:29 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
So I find this is a cool thread and it got me thinking that it would be cool to use something other than a spreadsheet to track my decks.  So I downloaded that book software that someone mentioned called Collectorz as you can download a free trial. 

It is truly a very detailed piece of software with what seems almost 50-60 different fields that you can populate all for your book collection. Thankfully the fields are customizable and you can rename them. The trick is to find out where each field would appear and after playing with it for the past hour or so  I came up with something cool. Check the pic below for details.  What is cool is that you download one side of the box as the front cover and the other side as the back cover and the picture flips when you click on it so that you can see both sides easily. That is a very cool feature

Anyway let me know what you think. There is so much stuff I have not even looked at yet but it's a start. I might just end up buying this software. And yes when you have tons of entries and pics , it looks like they are displayed nicely side by side

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:47:47 PM by badpete69 »

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 12:00:15 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Very nice job badpete, the perfect amount of info in one view. I like it  ;)

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
currently i am 13 decks strong so my organization is.. well.. stacked on the corner of my nightstand. i was thinking about picking up a few composition notebooks to keep track of the decks i've scooped up.

it's odd too because, i am very tech oriented; from iPhones to iPads to electric shavers. one time i saved all of my usernames/passwords on a word file & my computer crash so i lost ALL of my important info. ever since then, whenever i want to keep a record of something important to me, i whip out the pen & pad. call me old fashion.

Nowadays, such devices can be set to upload backups to the Internet - the data never gets lost.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/