• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

Re: Pirate cARRds (KS)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:54:07 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I'm not backing this on principle of "Dude" wearing hat sideways in profile picture  ???
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:54:27 AM by Rob Wright »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 01:23:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Good artist.  Piss poor design.  A theme so over-exhausted by other artists as to be a cliche by now.   Just awful - a travesty.  Another attempt to cash in by someone who knows next to nothing about playing cards other than to play with them.

The art is actually good enough to make a deck for it.  But that design has got to go if the deck's going to attract attention from collectors.  A generic USPC index design would be preferable to what's being used now - and the fact that it's not a deck by a noteworthy printer is another strike against it.

Ever notice when a big ship starts sinking, all the rats jump off of it?  This deck is already free of rodents...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:49:12 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
The art is amazing, looks like a lot of work, the background looks bland, the box is so infuriating and confusing, the pips could be customised, it really is a shame the amazing portraits could not have been presented in the way they deserve, not for me, A for effort, F for execution.
Overall they hit the high C's

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 04:31:56 AM »

Nickace9

• Newcomer
It is a concept still, thank you for the feedback. We have 45 days, and we will continue working on it.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 04:41:54 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
The art is amazing, looks like a lot of work, the background looks bland, the box is so infuriating and confusing, the pips could be customised, it really is a shame the amazing portraits could not have been presented in the way they deserve, not for me, A for effort, F for execution.
Overall they hit the high C's

Nice pun Rose....  ;D
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia