You are Here:
SYMPL Series Playing Cards by Randeep Singh (KS)

Author (Read 806 times)

SYMPL Series Playing Cards by Randeep Singh (KS)
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:55:39 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: SYMPL Series Playing Cards by Randeep Singh (KS)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 05:35:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This guy wants to make cards using a design that looks like the designer's never actually played cards before...

Indices with no suits?  That takes minimalism too far.

It's so boring and the concept is so overdone it's practically burnt to a crisp.  Worse, it doesn't improve on what came before it in any way, shape or form.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:36:06 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

It's so boring and the concept is so overdone it's practically burnt to a crisp.  Worse, it doesn't improve on what came before it in any way, shape or form.

I don't believe minimalism can be taken too far...but then again, I think people are misunderstanding what the whole concept and mindset of minimalism is. It really is not just to make it as bloody empty as possible. And by looking at his sketches, i highly doubt a lot of thought process actually went into this deck.

This is not minimalism. This is just another horribly boring and lazy deck.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:22:54 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

I don't believe minimalism can be taken too far...but then again, I think people are misunderstanding what the whole concept and mindset of minimalism is. It really is not just to make it as bloody empty as possible. And by looking at his sketches, i highly doubt a lot of thought process actually went into this deck.

This is not minimalism. This is just another horribly boring and lazy deck.

I'm sure no one wants to read another rant on indices from me hahaha. I'm going to leave these alone, completely alone.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Wow... first time I've ever seen a christmas tree suit. Kind of sad to see the spades go though.

And what a work of genius... blank back design!! I'm sure people will flood in by the thousands, if not millions, to back a deck with terrible face cards, and no back design whatsoever.

Best of all, it wasn't even just one person that came up with this, errr, design... it was a bunch of cousins. Urgh.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:06:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Look at the ten of hearts!  If you flip it around, it becomes the 01 of hearts!  A similar thing occurs with all but the Aces (though since an "A" is vertically symmetrical, you wouldn't notice it).  Someone wasn't careful when generating these images...but then again, the same can be said about the entire deck.

All that, and they're using a budget printer.

In my assessment, these cards aren't worth the paper they're supposed to be printed on...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/