52 Plus Joker Gold Edition

Author (Read 4222 times)

52 Plus Joker Gold Edition
« on: December 18, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
ADMIN NOTE: available NOW at this webpage!

COMING DECEMBER 22ND AT 1PM EST - 52 PLUS JOKER GOLD ED. FROM CONJURING ARTS RESEARCH CENTER

Detailes on Kardify
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:51:08 AM by Don Boyer »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: 52 Plus Joker Gold Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:08:43 AM »

Encarded Inc.

• We make cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Loverly. I'll grab a few for sure, they are fun decks to play with.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:45 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
IT's releasing on CARC so it is definitely released to public.

But what is the print run like? Please don't make me camp at my computer anymore....It's launching 2am over here...  :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck:

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
IT's releasing on CARC so it is definitely released to public.

But what is the print run like? Please don't make me camp at my computer anymore....It's launching 2am over here...  :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck:

ouch, 2am. You could always place your order with DarkDerp's "I got nothing better N' Sons" For a nominal fee of a PM and reimbursement via paypal  no one can  match our skill at link clicking and form filling. 
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »

piratebear81

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Now I can keep my numbered ones sealed and open these gold ones for play.  Win, win!

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:51:59 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Now I can keep my numbered ones sealed and open these gold ones for play.  Win, win!

Yes, you can! One of my silver editions is slated for use on the final table of the New Years eve tournament. I like to celebrate a great year with a great deck. Honestly though, I'm unsure that I want to use this deck for that. Just because I don't want the deck to walk off if someone else wins the tournament, which is absolutely possible. (I tend to induldge wisley on new years eve, but I can get carried away.) I may pop the tuck myself on Christmas day and enjoy the fifteen minutes of solitude I can score with a quiet game of solitaire.

Whatever the case, I'll be popping one of mine before the end of the year haha. I've been patient and it's coming on time to reward myself with these, don't know which way to do it yet though hahaha. Just my opinion, but I think everyone who has a couple should too. Every card collector who battles the year long. I mean we all go through the process seeking out, discovering, lusting after and acquiring much treasured decks should definitely reward themselves with being able to touch and play with the cards. (Going to stop this tangent before I write an essay about it.)

On the Gold 52s Deck, I'm starting to think CARC should just charge my account and send me a brick. Whatever it is that EPCC is putting out, I buy at least one brick anyway. This would put us a head of the curve and they can just ship them when they land haha. Even though a couple weeks later they tend to put the the things on sale recently, I still go all piggy piggy and snatch up a brick asap. It's cool they'll be launching with a sale price. One thing that would set a brick of 52 golds off, a gold and white 52's brick box! Dreams are made of those, I'll just keep on keeping on haha. ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
These are on sale now.  :D

By the way, does anyone know how many of these decks were printed?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:09:34 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 03:06:50 PM »

rousselle

• Forum Regular
I went ahead and ordered these Gold Edition decks, even though I still haven't received my "official" (silver?) decks from 52+ Jokers that I'd ordered a month ago. Has anyone else had any issues receiving their club editions? I've really been looking forward to getting my hands on these....
There are no 3's in rousselle. There are, however, two s's, two l's, two e's (but not in a row), an r, an o, and a u.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
bought a pack of 3 ...

Very pleased with this offer...

My "Reyes magos" gift, from me to me....

Form Follows Function

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • "Better 2 Burn Out - Than Fade Away!"

Yes, I contacted Lee who sent me to Steve Bowling <srbbowling'at'gmail.com>

He indicated:
    "I apologize for the delay.  I am checking with our fulfillment company - two other orders submitted at the same time have not yet been received."
          Steve

I sent another ping a couple days ago but have not heard back. Please send your concerns to Steve.

I went ahead and ordered these Gold Edition decks, even though I still haven't received my "official" (silver?) decks from 52+ Jokers that I'd ordered a month ago. Has anyone else had any issues receiving their club editions? I've really been looking forward to getting my hands on these....

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 10:07:46 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
These are on sale now.  :D

By the way, does anyone know how many of these decks were printed?

For the price point they are selling, i am expecting at least a couple thousand.

Definitely not 500 like the silver version.

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 01:52:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Yes, certainly more than 500 - runs that short are incredibly rare and costly, especially with all the features the silver deck had.

So, why is it that the last guy to the party is the one to tell everyone reading WHERE TO GET THESE??  :))

I picked up three - it's a few pennies off the price of two with free domestic shipping.  Can't beat that with a stick!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:54:00 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 08:11:51 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Even without having any idea what so ever about how many were printed haha. I still can't wait to get my mitts on these. I ordered my brick of 52 PLUS JOKER GOLD at CARC yesterday as soon as it went live haha. Happiness and excitement! Free shipping makes for a Happy Fes haha. :))

For international orders who can sometimes have difficulty with CARC shop. (I don't know why, I just  know it happens occasionally.) Legends has a few of these available at their store as well with the same price for single decks as CARC does. Here's your link! 52 PLUS JOKER GOLD at LPCC

Has anyone gotten their paws on this synthetic paper tuck? I wonder if you'd like to clue us in on the feel of it if you have. I'm very interested.

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 10:04:48 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Yeah I ordered mine over a month ago and haven't received them yet... To be fair mine is international shipping... Still though, have never waited this long for a package from the US... Almost 2 months now!

Yes, I contacted Lee who sent me to Steve Bowling <srbbowling'at'gmail.com>

He indicated:
    "I apologize for the delay.  I am checking with our fulfillment company - two other orders submitted at the same time have not yet been received."
          Steve

I sent another ping a couple days ago but have not heard back. Please send your concerns to Steve.

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 10:14:42 PM »

rousselle

• Forum Regular
I just received official notice that my order (for the official club version) is un-stuck, and I have a tracking number that shows it is on its way from Memphis. Thanks Tom and Steve for getting that going. Looking forward to getting both the club and the gold versions soon! (Haven't received a tracking number for the golds, but I just placed that order yesterday, so no worries there.)

There are no 3's in rousselle. There are, however, two s's, two l's, two e's (but not in a row), an r, an o, and a u.

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 11:22:24 AM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I just received mine, they look great. Not a big fan of the orange numbered stamp, could have been holographic or at least silver, but I have to hand it to Jackson the back design really looks great. Can't wait to see the gold ones too.

Oh and the tuck cover material is very thick, it makes them huge (~50% thicker than standard deck).

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 04:27:52 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I was pleasantly surprised today. Received a brick of gold 52's. The tucks look better than photos. They're really pretty sharp. First thing I did was slap a couple into 52 plus joker pack jackets haha. Seemed appropriate, club members will know what I mean for sure. I use EPCC pack Jackets often and the 52 plus Joker pack jackets as well, I saved a couple in pristine shape just for these. Foresight, good stuff haha.

I haven't had the opportunity to pop a tuck yet, I think I'll use these in a small poker game soon, possibly tonight. If I do I'll snap some crappy photos with my phone and see about getting them posted asap. Happy day. :))

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 12:50:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I just received mine, they look great. Not a big fan of the orange numbered stamp, could have been holographic or at least silver, but I have to hand it to Jackson the back design really looks great. Can't wait to see the gold ones too.

Oh and the tuck cover material is very thick, it makes them huge (~50% thicker than standard deck).

It's not really a "tuck cover" - it's a slip case.  Some old-school decks came in slip cases much like this one.  The cases are not cheap to make, especially compared to a tuck box, which is why it's exceptionally rare to see them on a modern deck.  Foil applied to card backs is about as rare and rather costly.  They pulled out all the stops for this deck.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I just received my Gold Decks as well. The gold foil on the tuck and cards turned out quite spectacular. I had to open a deck up as soon as I got them, since I could not bring myself to open one of the Silver Decks. I can not stop playing with them, the foil is well worth the cost. Took some pictures for those who have not received them yet.  <hope this doesn't double post, forgot to reduce the sizes on the first attempt>

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 09:18:24 PM »

rousselle

• Forum Regular
Like Shade above, I'm into the foil / metallic inks on playing cards, and they really work very well on this (and the Silver club edition) deck. The metallic inks are much shinier than I've seen on most other decks, and the foil on the back works well. The first time I saw the back design, I wasn't particularly taken with it, but when you see it in person, it really works well.

I did go ahead and open my Silver club deck, and I'm quite happy with it. That said, given that it does, indeed, have a higher price tag, it's the gold deck that I'm currently taking out of the box most often since receiving them in the mail. I tip my proverbial cap to all involved with creating these decks. Both the silver and gold editions have a lot to like about them.