You are Here:
T11, E, and Skulkor Marketing trend

Author (Read 2175 times)

T11, E, and Skulkor Marketing trend
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:02:41 PM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
I noticed that ever since Skulkor started with the whole brotherhood marketing..E came up with the Sulton Republic and T11 has the Rebel.

Does E and T11 feel that they are getting threaten by SKulkor or they just feel that this "group gathering" marketing is working out pretty good?

what is your opinion?

Re: T11, E, and Skulkor Marketing trend
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 11:26:38 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I just have a feeling that E and T11 are just taking a different approach with their next release/s, an approach similar to that of Skulkor's. I honestly don't see in any way them being intimidated by Skulkor. Their only a rookie company anyway, and probably an unsuccessful on at that.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:37:36 PM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
I just have a feeling that E and T11 are just taking a different approach with their next release/s, an approach similar to that of Skulkor's.

From what I see on this forum, the brotherhood marketing isn't really working out that great. With E and T11's fan base, I am sure that they won't need to start a "cult"  or anything since they have their group of loyal buyers (follower..which is already similar in a cult structure). Why would they start something like that? isn't it a risky move for them? from a brand image point of view.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think it just had something to do with the theme of the decks that they're releasing. E's new deck is called Sultan which is a leader of a Sultanate Government and T11 is called Rebel's which speaks for itself.............wait a min come to think of it, Join the Sultan Republic, Rebel against  :o Rebel against the Sultan Republic???

Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 06:40:21 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Hahahaha, great use of a meme Kenneth. That sounds about right, I have the Rebel's seal as the background on my phone, looks regal and such to me :D
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 09:17:50 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Personally, I find that method to have the opposite effect. I think it's borderline ridiculous and I don't respond positively to it. If anything it makes me embarassed that I'm trying to be cajoled and tricked into liking something. I also think that the key factor some people are forgetting is that they are selling PLAYING CARDS.

Playing cards people. They aren't going to change the world, and probably won't change anyone's life either since the average customer probably has dozens or hundreds of other decks already.

I guess I'm just simple minded, but showing the product, writing some nice description of it and the thinking behind the design, letting people decide if they like it and then being as responsive as possible in delivering it seems more than sufficient.

I probably just need to hire a better marketing visionary....

:)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I guess I'm just simple minded, but showing the product, writing some nice description of it and the thinking behind the design, letting people decide if they like it and then being as responsive as possible in delivering it seems more than sufficient.

That's CCCC's whole motto.  We'll never be as big as E or T11 by not fancying it up or broadening our lineup, but we are cool with that.

I probably just need to hire a better marketing visionary....[size=78%] [/size]

On the other hand, I do need to hire a photographer with a good eye. Our site needs some great pics of our cards.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 12:25:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

That's CCCC's whole motto.  We'll never be as big as E or T11 by not fancying it up or broadening our lineup, but we are cool with that.

I don't think it's such a big deal.  E and T11 are having fun with it, while Skulkor has made it their mission statement.  Skulkor really turned me off, big time.  I don't regret canceling my order with them.

I probably just need to hire a better marketing visionary....

On the other hand, I do need to hire a photographer with a good eye. Our site needs some great pics of our cards.

I could give that a crack.  I have all of your deck by now!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
"In 2010 stories and artwork were discovered in a book from the early 1700’s that appear to provide evidence about a secret society of magicians. Formed to protect magicians during the Salem Witch Trials of the late 1600’s, the Order of the Owl was founded in the Northeastern US. We have painstakingly restored and recreated the artwork we found in order to put this deck into the hands of modern magicians and keep the memory of this society alive. Some believe that the order still exists, though we cannot be sure. Secrets are everywhere."

yet another skulkor like marketing...
the things in bold makes be believe they all hired the same person for marketing... or copying each other...it's kind of funny in a way

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 10:52:47 PM »

LauR

• Elite Member
"In 2010 stories and artwork were discovered in a book from the early 1700’s that appear to provide evidence about a secret society of magicians. Formed to protect magicians during the Salem Witch Trials of the late 1600’s, the Order of the Owl was founded in the Northeastern US. We have painstakingly restored and recreated the artwork we found in order to put this deck into the hands of modern magicians and keep the memory of this society alive. Some believe that the order still exists, though we cannot be sure. Secrets are everywhere."

the things in bold makes be believe they all hired the same person for marketing... or copying each other...it's kind of funny in a way

Is that from the blue crown website?

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I think I've said elsewhere that I actually haven't bought any of the latest releases from D&D, T11 or E, I'm far more interested in what's coming out from kickstarter these days, this seems to be where the real innovation is.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 11:42:07 PM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular

yes it is. it's from TBC

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

yes it is. it's from TBC

Well, I can't say what - but this deck actually has something more to it than the others griped about on this site.  Did you order any Altruisms?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 02:15:53 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular

yes it is. it's from TBC

Well, I can't say what - but this deck actually has something more to it than the others griped about on this site.  Did you order any Altruisms?

not yet but i will be after i sell out some old collection. hopefully they are still available by then

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 02:45:32 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Marketing 101: Create a "their" team and a "your" team.

Basically, by labeling supporter as part of a special group, you make them feel special, and more loyal (even if it is subconscious). Like it or not, if you own a Skulkor product, you are automatically a part of the brotherhood.

I'll admit I did the same thing back in the day, by calling you guys "Aetherians." It worked really, really, well.

I don't remember where I learned the technique, but pay attention to marketing tactics and you'll notice it VERY often, even outside of cards.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 07:33:48 AM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
Didn't the Batman comic books just do something about the order of the Owl?