You are Here:
Home Made Christmas Nest Of Boxes

Author (Read 990 times)

Home Made Christmas Nest Of Boxes
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:15:17 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Hey guys just made this Christmas themed nest of boxes, sorry its a bit blurry only had my iPhone camera on me.

What do you guys think :)

I've never actually seen how a nest of boxes professionally works but I worked out a way to do it which seems to be really convincing ;)

Not bad for 20 minutes and $15.

P.S. 100th Post Yay :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:15:47 AM by MrLukeCarroll »
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

Re: Home Made Christmas Nest Of Boxes
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Oh, man, this brings back a memory...

One year my older brother gave my older step-brother a Christmas gift that was HUUUUGE.  Giant, wrapped box.  My step-brother opened it, only to find another box.  And another.  And yet another.  There must have been a dozen boxes, each one gradually smaller than the last.  Finally he ended up with a box small enough to fit in one hand.  The gift?  A pocket-sized bottle of eyeglass cleaner...

Your stack looks pretty cool.  I approve!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

One year my older brother gave my older step-brother a Christmas gift that was HUUUUGE.  Giant, wrapped box.  My step-brother opened it, only to find another box.  And another.  And yet another.  There must have been a dozen boxes, each one gradually smaller than the last.  Finally he ended up with a box small enough to fit in one hand.  The gift?  A pocket-sized bottle of eyeglass cleaner...

I did the same thing. I did this to my sister and the box that was as big as her, got so small, it ended up being the iPod I bought her, 'cause you know, I'm a cool big brother  ;)
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

That's one of the things I love most about performing this trick the laughter and groans from the audience when its just another box and the increasing look of worry on the spectators face.

We always use to do the same sort of trick with my mum, but would wrap a beer carton in wrapping paper then put like some jewelery inside ;)
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I love this, and I honestly think the boxes alone are a gift worth giving. Very fun, and even more hilarious if the sizes went all the way down to a thimble.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 05:29:51 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I have never done this although have thought about it.