Jonathan Bayme

Author (Read 1917 times)

Jonathan Bayme
« on: November 25, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I was watching a YouTube video by a channel called "MyMagicStuff". He works for Ellusionist and was talking about how he got his job, but that's not the point. The point of this topic is he said sometime in his video "This is when Jonathan Bayme still worked here". I looked it up, and it is true, he did work for Ellusionist before resigning from his high authority, and founding Theory11. I was looking this up online and can not find any reason why he split. Does anyone know why?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

Re: Jonathan Bayme
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 05:31:08 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I remember having a talk with Marcus about this, and the story is quite interesting. I'll forward this link to him to see if it's a story worth sharing, or if it's one better kept under the radar.

Long story short: Yes, Jonathan Bayme used to work at Ellusionist, and then some.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Well can tou awnser this: Is there a reason why both companies hate eachother?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

Do they hate each other?

Anyway, if they do, then there is a reason.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

Do they hate each other?

Anyway, if they do, then there is a reason.

Well Wllusionist always seems professional and I never really hear them say anything bad, but on Theory11 "Insider", Zach Mueller called Pure Smoke "A useless device that's unoriginal and you will never use" and stuff like that.

Another time on "Exposé", another Theory11 series, he said something like "We are open to any suggestions. We could review Theory11 products, downloads from the wire, and maybe even Ellusionist products. Okay, probably not the last one".
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 05:51:52 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
It's surprising the hate is towards E's direction. From the story I heard that doesn't make sense. I'm sure some of what you've said is in good fun, and I'm not sure why Zach would hate on Ellusionist considering he was in a diaper back when the companies had any remote connection via the people that work there.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:04:29 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
Short story is that Jonathan started working for Ellusionist quite a few years ago, eventually moved up the ladder to the top just below Brad and after a while decided to leave and start up his own company.

If we go into details about his time at E, him leaving and starting up t11 etc it'll be a different story depending on who you ask and nobody involved is interested in discussing it much further nowadays. Both companies have a place in this industry, we let them do their thing, and that's it really.

As for what individuals from either side say or write - well, that's up to them. Some take these things way too serious, and most of the people having strong opinions don't even know more than a fraction of the facts. I wouldn't waste my time thinking about it.

As for Zach - no idea if he's serious, just joking around or something in between. Can't say it is something we spend much time thinking about either.

Boring enough for ya? ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:07:11 PM by Marcus »
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Thanks Marcus. In my opinion everyone should coexist and have fun with it. There is no reason why I shouldn't buy from one or the other just because of the company name. If I like the trick, I will buy it, and that is that.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
In my opinion everyone should coexist and have fun with it.
This. With extra fries, please.

On a more serious note - there's already enough drama in the magic community, no need to waste time adding to it.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 07:14:31 AM »

modernmanipulator

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
On a more serious note - there's already enough drama in the magic community, no need to waste time adding to it.

Nicely put Marcus!
http://www.modernmanipulator.com - Ready to Socialize?

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It sounds like the story of how Hell was created. I'm not saying that theory11 is any representation of Hell though, so don't see me as that type.

So, Angel Gabriel was on of God's most beloved angels, and one day he turn against God to start a place known as Hell.

Same thing goes for JB, he was one of the best workers, and one day he turned away to start a rival companies.

PLEASE NOTE: IN NO WAY AM i APPLYING THAT THEORY11 IS HELL OR JB IS THE DEVIL OR THAT HE TURNED AWAY. it's just a funny coincidence that I saw. -_-
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 01:09:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It sounds like the story of how Hell was created. I'm not saying that theory11 is any representation of Hell though, so don't see me as that type.

So, Angel Gabriel was on of God's most beloved angels, and one day he turn against God to start a place known as Hell.

Same thing goes for JB, he was one of the best workers, and one day he turned away to start a rival companies.

PLEASE NOTE: IN NO WAY AM i APPLYING THAT THEORY11 IS HELL OR JB IS THE DEVIL OR THAT HE TURNED AWAY. it's just a funny coincidence that I saw. -_-

To me, it's a case of "guy gets job, moves up ladder, goes as high as he can, decides to branch out on his own."  The politics can be left out of it easily enough.  Yes, there's definitely room for more than one magic company - who doesn't love variety and capitalistic competition?  If E was the only game in town, everyone would be performing like Brad Christian!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:51 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

2 things one wrong angel it was lucifer not gabriel who left and took 1/3 or the angels. also i prefer E over t11, from what i see t11 is crap so they can be hell. lol :)
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 01:26:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
While T11's playing cards aren't always perfect, I've found them to be quite good overall and they have excellent customer service.

I bought an aftermarket Propaganda deck which had a chip in one of the cards.  They offered to replace the deck, but unfortunately they didn't have any Propagandas left, despite the practice of holding back a few decks for circumstances like this.  I was offered one of any of their other decks; I gave them a list (admittedly a list with some rare sold-out decks on it!) and they sent me a free replacement pack of Red Stingers.  I ended up liking them more than I thought I would - ordered another from them and sought out the Black Stingers online (took months to find it).

I love E's customer service as well.  For a while I was practically on a first-name basis with Jennifer; she started to recognize my voice!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/