You are Here:
Anyone one else a professional stage/ childrens show magician?

Author (Read 739 times)

Anyone one else a professional stage/ childrens show magician?
« on: November 09, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Basically as the forum subject asks does anyone else do either Stage magic, stand-up magic or children's show magic, just wondering if I'm alone on the forums on this topic :P
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

Re: Anyone one else a professional stage/ childrens show magician?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:52:15 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I did a 5 minute stage magic once at the university festival. It was rope magic.
It was good, but I realized that stage magic is not my type.

Re: Anyone one else a professional stage/ childrens show magician?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:34:25 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I did a 5 minute stage magic once at the university festival. It was rope magic.
It was good, but I realized that stage magic is not my type.

Yeah its deffinetly not for everyone. I was originally just doing Childrens show magic but got the great oppourtunity to perform a full stage show for my school as a fundraiser, and thanks to a nice $2500 budget and a professional carpenter I made some nice big scale Illusions and bought a nice second-hand (But in amazing condition) Master Prediction system, I think without this oppourtunity I still wouldn't have gotten into stage magic.

But I cant think of a better feeling then when at the end of a show you hear that applause and then even sometimes see the standing ovations it just makes me so internally happy :)
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.