You are Here:
Review DvD: The Eden Project by G. Clarke produced by Enigma

Author (Read 658 times)

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
I received my copy of this DvD yesterday and it is a brilliant mentalism set :)
The three tricks are as follows (copied from the description):
PASSCODE:
The spectator is asked if they have a passcode or lock set on their iPhone, and the performer reveals that thought of number without ever asking the spectator to write anything down. It's simple, direct and easy to perform.

NON-TOXIC:
A diabolical new method for an add a number routine. Imagine inviting multiple spectators to type in a number of their choice into the iPhone calculator, and multiply all their results together. The outcome is ALWAYS a number you've predicted ahead of time, and can even be your telephone number. This revolutionary revamp to the popular TOXIC method means that the spectators can make as many mistakes as they like, change their mind, choose to add, subtract or divide their numbers, and it will ALWAYS end up as YOUR number. No TOXIC set-up or memory recall!

FATE 2.0:
After releasing the first version of this effect in November 2011, it soon became Theory11's best selling wire effect. Originally it was a method to divine the Shuffled order of songs on their iPhone music library. However this has just been redeveloped into a STRONGER, MORE POWERFUL effect by making it a pure mind-reading demonstration. Multiple spectators are asked to think of a random song from a Borrowed iPhone, and with the iPhone locked and hidden away in someones pocket, you can instantly reveal each spectators selection. It's that good.

This DvD has to be one of the nicest and best looking DvDs I have ever received that is solely for the purpose of magic. I would like to point out that on the menus Fate 2.0 points to Non-Toxic and vice-versa due to an issue, it's nothing major though :)
The DvD itself is very very well made, the menus are easy to navigate and Geraint teaches each effect very well

It contains some great ideas and effects I shall review each below:

Non-toxic is worth the money alone! Non-toxic allows no setup of having a set of numbers to be inserted into your phone's calculator, reset, multiplied, divided and added and it totals up as your mobile number or anything of your choice, it's simply that clean and usable!
I have yet to find a downside to this method as it is so clean and there is no funny movements and no set-up at all

Fate 2.0 is a great advancement on the Fate method, it is clean and uses a borrowed iPhone. It allows a shuffled iPod to have songs selected and you divine them with no questions or angle issues. Simply excellent, I used this twice today and both times absolutely killed, uses some great thinking and I can't see many issues with performing it

Passcode is an excellent idea with multiple ways of performing it. It's a great closer to performing these tricks as a set or to a friend who is always paranoid about their passcode for their phone :) Works with any phone that has a number passcode. this can be done with a newly set password and under test conditions if needed

Overall every effect on this DvD is easy to learn and perform and is already in my close up set. No apps are needed for any of these tricks and the phones can be borrowed if needed :)
I got it at enigma for the UK but Murphy's has it apparently and US shops should have it soon http://enigmaltd.com/product/the-eden-project-g-clarke/
I will say 9/10 overall for the full product because if I gave a 10/10 that would mean there couldn't be an improvement
Thank you for reading
-Benny
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:23:24 PM by blastercast »
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown

Re: Review DvD: The Eden Project by G. Clarke produced by Enigma
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »

Curt

• Don't Use This!
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Thanks for posting a review mate, concise and easy to read through. Hopefully a trend will catch on with more reviews like this, I bet it would be nice for the magicians on the forum.