You are Here:
Federal 52 Part 2 plus images

Author (Read 13893 times)

Re: Federal 52 Part 2 plus images
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 09:42:40 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
And here comes another release of the "Limited Edition" decks. I wonder how many more waves will be released. I love these cards, but I am getting so tired or trying to keep up with what's released, and what I have pledged for. I'm just going to buy the rest of the things that I don't have/do want from this series on eBay. I simply can't keep up anymore.

I'm giving Jackson the benefit of the doubt, but I am getting increasingly nervous about his ability to handle the order fulfillment process. He's running ahead of a massive avalanche now but even one tinly slip up at any stage and he will be buried in decks. I don't want that to happen to him at all, but I am getting nervous for him. I've read the horror stories from backers about projects MUCH smaller than this jumping the tracks because the creator is overwhelmed by a couple of hundred backers buying a couple of thousand decks. The Federal projects are WAY beyond that. I seriously hope that everything works out perfectly for him and his projects, and I don't regret backing them, and will back future projects of his, but I'm just getting that feeling. Know what I mean?

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »

verloren

• Forum Regular
Jackson put out a new update. =S

The LE Reserve Note deck will get a black back w/ metallic red ink.

And he's just released a Reserve Note tuck case that will have the Bicycle branding and black tuck box.

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
And here comes another release of the "Limited Edition" decks. I wonder how many more waves will be released. I love these cards, but I am getting so tired or trying to keep up with what's released, and what I have pledged for. I'm just going to buy the rest of the things that I don't have/do want from this series on eBay. I simply can't keep up anymore.

I'm giving Jackson the benefit of the doubt, but I am getting increasingly nervous about his ability to handle the order fulfillment process. He's running ahead of a massive avalanche now but even one tinly slip up at any stage and he will be buried in decks. I don't want that to happen to him at all, but I am getting nervous for him. I've read the horror stories from backers about projects MUCH smaller than this jumping the tracks because the creator is overwhelmed by a couple of hundred backers buying a couple of thousand decks. The Federal projects are WAY beyond that. I seriously hope that everything works out perfectly for him and his projects, and I don't regret backing them, and will back future projects of his, but I'm just getting that feeling. Know what I mean?

I can understand that, but don't worry too much. He's dedicated to getting everything done (it's a career for him now) and he's got things worked out. He's also willing to take advice from people (like me  :) ) and I'm very confident that he'll get everything sorted out efficiently. He's into it too deep to make a hash of it now, and he's darn serious about doing things the right way.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2013, 01:11:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I can understand that, but don't worry too much. He's dedicated to getting everything done (it's a career for him now) and he's got things worked out. He's also willing to take advice from people (like me  :) ) and I'm very confident that he'll get everything sorted out efficiently. He's into it too deep to make a hash of it now, and he's darn serious about doing things the right way.

I'm in agreement with Paul on this one.  He's earned so much cash on this project, he's got resources that smaller projects would have a hard time bringing to bear.  It's very likely he's hiring a fulfillment company to manage the heavy lifting when the decks are printed, rather than using the "free-pizza-and-beer" method of attracting friends to help get all the decks out the door.  The project's just too huge to do otherwise.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Pretty stoked about the new wooden boxes. They're actually a really nice peripheral to the deck that will compliment it nicely; as opposed to poker chips or coffee mug or branded ball point pen etc.

(I'd post pictures, but I don't know how)

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 05:27:13 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Jackson put out a new update. =S

The LE Reserve Note deck will get a black back w/ metallic red ink.

And he's just released a Reserve Note tuck case that will have the Bicycle branding and black tuck box.

I'm in for 2 of the limited black decks that are now gone. I really like the black on black tuck box with what looks like will be red foil. I'm not liking the actual card backs being black on black. I'm thinking Jackson should make the LE reserve note a normal black back and still include the parts he wants metallic red. We have the ultimate deck and the executive deck using black on black. I never bought either one of those decks because it acts as a design camouflage. The reserve note back is way too nice to be hidden black on black. I understand the LE reserve note is a collectors deck and most will not be opening them. But for those that do, you want people to enjoy the back designs functionality.  You can still keep the black on black look for the tuck and custom brick boxes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:18:47 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »

Preformer19

• Newcomer
I really like this deck.  Nice artwork and great colors.

You can really tell this guy has a passion for this sort of thing.  IMO, that's what makes a great deck...passion...

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Looks like Jackson is designing mid Kickstarter project again. The art is amazing... I wish he would have planned out court cards first before launching. All was OK until I saw the Queen of Spades. Is that liberty OR a store front manikin? Where are the two most distinguishable features of liberty (crown and torch)?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:45:12 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Looks like Jackson is designing mid Kickstarter project again. The art is amazing... I wish he would have planned out court cards first before launching. All was OK until I saw the Queen of Spades. Is that liberty OR a store front manikin? Where are the two most distinguishable features of liberty (crown and torch)?

Legacy: In the history of America and in us currency Liberty is pictured with out crown and torch more times than not. Probably 20 to 1. There are only two or three bank notes that have liberty pictured with with crown and torch. The Crown and Torch version of what you think is Lady Liberty isn't even an American creation but a copy of a French statue. The Liberty that is pictured on the Queen of spades is from a Military Payment Certificate not a Macy's window dressing. Designing the cards during the project is exactly what I do and it is known by everyone :)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:02:28 PM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2013, 10:58:58 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Super excited about this project, sad I missed out on the limited black editions. I already pledged for a set, but I may just have to add another just because of how great it looks.

Did you read the update?

"The Queen of Spades portrait is of a tranquil depiction of Lady Liberty found on Series 541 10 dollar Military Payment Certificate."

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2013, 11:19:02 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Legacy: In the history of America and in us currency Liberty is pictured with out crown and torch more times than not. Probably 20 to 1. There are only two or three bank notes that have liberty pictured with with crown and torch. The Crown and Torch version of what you think is Lady Liberty isn't even an American creation but a copy of a French statue. The Liberty that is pictured on the Queen of spades is from a Military Payment Certificate not a Macy's window dressing. Designing the cards during the project is exactly what I do and it is known by everyone :)

SO Jackson, let me get this strait. What your really doing is copying other artists portraits from money? Not your own version of things or people that appear on money? The USPCC has no problem with that? Didn't Shepard Fairey get sued for doing a print of President Obama that was a copy of another persons photo? Is this not the same thing? Sure most of the original artists of the work your coping are probably dead but I would think someone owns the right to them? Does not look so great on your part. I call them as I see them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:25:14 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2013, 11:25:23 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Legacy: Actually ALL currency and art held within is public domain from the day it is printed. Artist are free to reproduce any part of it as long as they abide be guidlines set out by the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department. Also pulling from bank notes is something that I have made clearly known to all since the first Federal 52 project. In the updates with every card you will find specific sitations of which notes that all of my portraits are from.

Also Shephard ripped of a photographers image from the associated press so big difference. Even then he changed it to fit his own artistic expression.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:27:15 PM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 11:36:15 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Legacy: Actually ALL currency and art held within is public domain from the day it is printed. Artist are free to reproduce any part of it as long as they abide be guidlines set out by the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department. Also pulling from bank notes is something that I have made clearly known to all since the first Federal 52 project. In the updates with every card you will find specific sitations of which notes that all of my portraits are from.

Also Shephard ripped of a photographers image from the associated press so big difference. Even then he changed it to fit his own artistic expression.

I appreciate you coming on to clarify. I do remember this coming up on the first project and it was also explained then.

So whats the deal with the Black on Black backs? Did you give what I wrote prior any thought? (doing a regular black back for the LE)

Your clam that playing cards are your passion as per one of your videos, whats next when the money idea has been beaten to death by you like a dead horse?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:37:04 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I appreciate you coming on to clarify. I do remember this coming up on the first project and it was also explained then.

So whats the deal with the Black on Black backs? Did you give what I wrote prior any thought? (doing a regular black back for the LE)

Your clam that playing cards are your passion as per one of your videos, whats next when the money idea has been beaten to death by you like a dead horse?

Good question. If the money theme was the only horse that I had to ride I definitely would be in bland shape. I'm am already working on new and completely different deck ideas that will keep me busy through next year. I'm also collaborating with a few other people as we speak as well.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2013, 11:44:02 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Good question. If the money theme was the only horse that I had to ride I definitely would be in bland shape. I'm am already working on new and completely different deck ideas that will keep me busy through next year. I'm also collaborating with a few other people as we speak as well.

I've checked out your resume. I know your NOT a One Trick "Pony". lol

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2013, 12:30:23 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Thought some of you guys might think this was interesting. Here is the embossing files for both the Branded and Unbranded Silver Certificate Decks.

Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2013, 12:44:35 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Dude, that is a SICK amount of embossing!  It wasn't that long ago that USPC was putting out guidelines that they were no longer embossing any sides other than the face of the tuck box...  I can see the decision making process now, over at USPC - playing cards, assorted dice, tea leaves, spinners, roulette wheels, wheels of fortune, I Ching sticks, runestones, etc.  :))

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2013, 12:50:55 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Ya, The team over at USPC has really bent over backwards helping me create what I envision.  They are awesome. It makes it a lot easier having some experience creating these files, not much rework time on USPC's part, that keeps them happier campers.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Federal 52 & Gold Certificate Image Gallery

http://www.kingswildproject.com/WebGallery/index.html
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2013, 12:01:22 AM »

verloren

• Forum Regular
22USD for a Reserve Note/Silver Cert on the Touch of Modern website.

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2013, 04:54:32 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
22USD for a Reserve Note/Silver Cert on the Touch of Modern website.

It's worth noting they only ship to the US and Canada, and it's a pre-order also.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:58:06 AM by JPMiddleton »
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2013, 04:58:34 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Here's the link - you need to register on the site first to view it. https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/kings-wild-project
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2013, 05:51:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Here's the link - you need to register on the site first to view it. https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/kings-wild-project

For a design website, they're not outrageously expensive.  Nice.

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2013, 07:26:33 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

It's possible they don't really know how the first run increased in value, after they sell out in a few days - i'm sure they'll have an idea.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2013, 08:26:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It's possible they don't really know how the first run increased in value, after they sell out in a few days - i'm sure they'll have an idea.

These are the Part 2 decks - he may have accounted for the popularity and ordered a larger print run.  Plus it's not like Touch of Modern is charging MSRP on this, either.