You are Here:
Greetings

Author (Read 404 times)

Greetings
« on: April 02, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »

the assman

• Newcomer
Hello, my name is John (AKA the assman) and I'm a cardaholic.

It started innocently enough, about 5 weeks ago.  I was doing some shopping on Ebay (my preferred dealer) when I came across a cool deck of cards.  It was pretty inexpensive so i figured what the heck, I'll give it a try this one time.  Next thing I know, Ebay started tempting me with more, even nicer cards.  If you liked that deck come and check out this one, they would say.  They also introduced me to other dealers (Ellusionist, Dan & Dave) with even better stuff.  So I gave in and bought 3 more decks from Ellusionist.  They even threw in a free deck, knowing that once I was hooked I'd be coming back for more.  Well they were right.  I was hooked the moment I opened the decks.  Beautifully designed, exquisitely crafted, multifunctional works of art.

At this point I was hooked, but I was still in control.  I spent the next few weeks scouring the internet for a fix, buying a few decks here and there, about a dozen decks in total.  They were enough to satisfy my cravings for awhile.  But at this point I started craving better and better stuff.  You know what I'm talking about.  The Black Artifice, Gold Arcane, White Monarchs.  The really good stuff is what I wanted.

Like I said, I was still in control.  But that all changed this past weekend.  It started on Saturday when I copped 2 sets of Seasons Decks, Platinum Edition.  That was enough to set me off.  Next thing I knew I was on a 3 day buying binge.  Bought a mixed lot of 12 decks on Ebay, some really good stuff.  Then I hit up Dan & Dave for a 6 deck fix.  Before I knew it I was on Ellusionist ordering 20 decks including the really good stuff, Black Artifice.

So, here I am, inpatiently waiting for my 42 decks to arrive. (Wow, writing that last sentence it just hit me, that's a lot of decks!  Just thinking about them gets me slightly aroused, I can just imagine what happens when I'm opening the package!) I'm glad I found this board.  It's good to know that I'm not the only one that has this problem. (Just kidding, I don't see it as a problem at all, at least not yet!)  I hope to be able to contribute to The Discourse in a positive way.  As for my buying binge, it lasted for 3 days but I finally have it under control.  With all these new decks I should be able to control my cravings for a very long time. (Although I do have my eye on a Smoke & Mirrors Box Set).  Who am I kidding?  I'll probably be jonesing for more by this weekend.

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:14:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey, John - great intro and welcome!

Nah, it's not a problem - yet.  When your deck count reaches the four-digits, that's when you'll know!  :))

You're in good company here and there's a LOT of info on our boards that you'll find useful.  At the top of the Playing Card Plethora, there's three topics usually at the top: The New Deck Report and Archive, the 2013 Releases and the Retailer Discount Codes - you should be able to make good use of them.

Use the search feature and the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 04:07:15 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube: