Author (Read 926 times)

odd treasures in your collections
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i got this epic bit of treasure from mr fulton  and i will frame it  i was wondering what odd things have you all collected over the years what uniqe treasure do you all have ? would love to see pics

side note  also i didnt know midnight fuel was ivory finish i didnt notice until now haha

Re: odd treasures in your collections
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:18:49 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
What is that a picture of? :P

I have a 1960s deck of cards from the USSR my grandfather gave me. They're almost all bent, worn, and the box is all kinds of torn. I keep them in several protective layers of cellophane. I wouldn't trade them for any other deck. To me, a deck is all about its story at this point. Most the cards I chose to keep in my collection tell some kind of story, and that's my favorite part. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:18 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
What is that a picture of? :P

I have a 1960s deck of cards from the USSR my grandfather gave me. They're almost all bent, worn, and the box is all kinds of torn. I keep them in several protective layers of cellophane. I wouldn't trade them for any other deck. To me, a deck is all about its story at this point. Most the cards I chose to keep in my collection tell some kind of story, and that's my favorite part. :)

It's a personal thank you from him ^^ he sent that and 2 very rare epic things he sent them personally too he's very kind and generous

That's awesome could I see a picture ? I wish all mine had story's or sentimental value how did you get 7 things of cellophane on a deck ?

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 07:08:41 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
how did you get 7 things of cellophane on a deck ?
There's this thing called a resealer and you can reseal decks at home. It's pretty cool.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I have a 3 deck set of Congress 606 decks that had gilded edges. They're from 1955 and have a beautiful, high quality box that they came in. They were given to me by my grandmother.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »

DidoDido

• True Member

• Facebook:
Here is my treasure , USPC 1896 "Stage"  :D

p.s I was bit lazy to take an another photo of it :/ I am pretty sure someones in aether already have seen this photo.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
how did you get 7 things of cellophane on a deck ?
There's this thing called a resealer and you can reseal decks at home. It's pretty cool.

sweet i need one of those

Evan that 3 deck box looks awesome the cards look very beautifull too!

DidoDido
wow that display and deck looks incredible very nice!

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 07:43:14 PM »

soccerstar5717

• Newcomer
I have a deck my parents bought me from an antique shop in WI. It was made for soldiers during 1945 from the American Red Cross, and they were meant for the soldiers to play with so they wouldn't get bored! The thing that makes it special to me is I have no idea who played with them but they fought for the country I live in, I don't know if they were on his possession when he passed or if someone brought them back in a bag. The full deck is still in the box including the jokers. They are in the best shape I have seen this deck be in! Very proud owner over here! :)    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/418850_511239062236033_399408780_n.jpg     Trying to post the right link lol :P   http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=511239062236033&set=pb.100000498321016.0.1345073842&type=3&theater
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:43:46 PM by soccerstar5717 »

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
soccerstar5717

wow the mystery of not knowing who used them must be awesome the wonder and all the things you must imagine these cards have been through damn awesome piece of treasure!

another piece of treasure of mine is my epic jerrys nugget deck i just got it was used by the great Allan Ackerman for a 45 minute show witch adds to the already great history of the deck the cards are in perfect condition and i love to think about how it was in the dessert those 40 something years ago then in his hands the hands of a master for a show it just adds to the legend of the deck i greatly admire him and am very thankful to have it pics below ill add more of my treasures in the coming days