Author (Read 2419 times)

help guys info needed
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:09:29 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
im waiting for a very important package of cards jerrys nugget and many other decks but there not moving and ups says this on the tracking

The commercial invoice is missing and is required for export

has this happned to anyone of you guys before should i do anything its been like that since monday

Re: help guys info needed
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
im waiting for a very important package of cards jerrys nugget and many other decks but there not moving and ups says this on the tracking

has this happned to anyone of you guys before should i do anything its been like that since monday

Um, which country are you in, again?  The laws affecting such deliveries are different from nation to nation.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Um, which country are you in, again?  The laws affecting such deliveries are different from nation to nation.

im in the uk the package is coming from new york its been in Farmingdale, NY, United States since monday

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:24:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

im in the uk the package is coming from new york its been in Farmingdale, NY, United States since monday

OK, so you can't EXPORT it out of the U.S., or you can't IMPORT it into the U.K.?

I've never needed a commercial invoice before - from whom are you buying, and in what quantities?

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

OK, so you can't EXPORT it out of the U.S., or you can't IMPORT it into the U.K.?

I've never needed a commercial invoice before - from whom are you buying, and in what quantities?

yeah im waiting for it to leave the us to come to the uk it was posted sarturday with 5 day shipping i think and now its wednesday

i traded someone for this package its 17 decks of cards there sending me

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

yeah im waiting for it to leave the us to come to the uk it was posted sarturday with 5 day shipping i think and now its wednesday

It sounds like you need to contact UPS and get the situation squared away.  Why would you have a commercial invoice if you were trading with an individual?  Is that individual the owner of a store?  Are you using your store address?

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

It sounds like you need to contact UPS and get the situation squared away.  Why would you have a commercial invoice if you were trading with an individual?  Is that individual the owner of a store?  Are you using your store address?

im not sure we used our home adresses the only store i think was the ups store he took it to for mailing he said he contact them in a few days i just was wondering if i should do anything to hurry it along

the tracking number said not having the invoice caused an exception wich is Your shipment is currently within the UPS network; however, an unforeseen event has occurred which could result in a change to the scheduled delivery date. If a change in delivery date occurs, the tracking status will be updated to reflect the new delivery date.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

im not sure we used our home adresses the only store i think was the ups store he took it to for mailing he said he contact them in a few days i just was wondering if i should do anything to hurry it along

the tracking number said not having the invoice caused an exception wich is Your shipment is currently within the UPS network; however, an unforeseen event has occurred which could result in a change to the scheduled delivery date. If a change in delivery date occurs, the tracking status will be updated to reflect the new delivery date.

Contact UPS.  Easy peasy.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 09:53:06 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
It's been 2 days and you are on another continent.  Wait longer.

From what I know of shipping; you can pretty much ignore everything the tracking says.  Sometimes it does not get updated until AFTER the package is delivered.  Sometimes it NEVER gets updated.

Shipping from the USA to Europe typically takes 5-7 days from the day it was shipped out, not when the order was placed.

Side note:
Buy a new keyboard. Your's seems to be missing commas "," and periods "."
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 10:02:32 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

From what I know of shipping; you can pretty much ignore everything the tracking says.  Sometimes it does not get updated until AFTER the package is delivered.  Sometimes it NEVER gets updated.

Shipping from the USA to Europe typically takes 5-7 days from the day it was shipped out, not when the order was placed.

Side note:

its was sent with 5 day shipping on Saturday they didn't release the package until Monday night they sent it with three day shipping to meet what the guy who sent it payed extra for

i had a look online with people who had the same problem and it sat there up to 8 days without moving i fed exd a package from uk to Tennessee in a day that was a brick of cards it was only 50 dollers this was a 130 to send expedited thats good to know if it could arrive and the tracking is incorrect i hope so

i dont know how to use commas or peiods ><

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 10:07:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

No shit - really?  :))

If your package is later than planned, get a hold of UPS.  You can try them now just for a more accurate status update, but you might spend a lot of time on the phone and learn nothing new about your package - it's a craps shoot.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

No shit - really?  :))

If your package is later than planned, get a hold of UPS.  You can try them now just for a more accurate status update, but you might spend a lot of time on the phone and learn nothing new about your package - it's a craps shoot.

haha thank you ill just wait and see what happens i tried e-mailing them still waiting for a responce

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 11:36:12 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
its was sent with 5 day shipping on Saturday they didn't release the package until Monday night they sent it with three day shipping to meet what the guy who sent it payed extra for

Forget when you payed for it, when did they send it out?  It looks like Monday.  If that is the case then it should arrive by Friday/Saturday.

Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 12:09:24 PM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I'm from Portugal and my experience teached me 2 things:
- know how to wait for my decks is a virtude; normaly, a package arrives in 13 to 15 days.
- about the import/export matter, I can only give my perspective fram my country who obbeys to the same european rules: you can import to UK. All the packages I've received from Ellusionist, Theory11, HOPC... had an invoice in the outside with the prices of the decks. The invoice is necessary to the douane can verify the value of the package: if it is above a pre-defined value, they will tax you, so the secret is to declare low prices.

So, you should really contact USPS to see what is the procedure in these cases. If they return the package to the sender, talk to him to pay attention about the value declared on the invoice, trying not to exceed the UK value limit. Note that the shipping costs are included in that global value.

Good luck with your package. That can really be a pain.
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

Side note:

What Russell said is correct.

UPS specifically often reuses tracking numbers. I've had packages give me previous tracking number information until after they were delivered to me, when they got updated with the new info. And this was all domestic.

If it's UPS, they tend to take packages getting delivered very seriously. USPS is a different story, they don't care what happens to your package unless you use their best shipping service and tack on your own insurance.

If the package was released Monday night, the first day of shipping begins Tuesday. Wednesday is two, Thursday is three. Keep in mind it's going by EST time, which is almost half a day behind the UK.

Russell is right here, Friday/Saturday is when the package should arrive.

Your posts do confuse me a bit though, it's only Friday if you got three day shipping. If it's five day shipping, it will be arriving Mon/Tue of next week.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Side note:

What Russell said is correct.

UPS specifically often reuses tracking numbers. I've had packages give me previous tracking number information until after they were delivered to me, when they got updated with the new info. And this was all domestic.

If it's UPS, they tend to take packages getting delivered very seriously. USPS is a different story, they don't care what happens to your package unless you use their best shipping service and tack on your own insurance.

If the package was released Monday night, the first day of shipping begins Tuesday. Wednesday is two, Thursday is three. Keep in mind it's going by EST time, which is almost half a day behind the UK.

Russell is right here, Friday/Saturday is when the package should arrive.

Your posts do confuse me a bit though, it's only Friday if you got three day shipping. If it's five day shipping, it will be arriving Mon/Tue of next week.

it was sent Saturday with 5 day international expedited shipping they didn't send it until Monday night then on the tracking it said its now sent with ups worldwide saver which is three day

thanks for all your help guys the guy who sent it went down there and asked about it ups got into gear and its in transit now =D