You are Here:
Black Diamond Tally-Ho [KS]

Author (Read 10668 times)

Re: Black Diamond Tally-Ho [KS]
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 04:00:14 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
Haha, well there was a front to the t-shirt too, Fes. Let's show them that one too.

Its been almost 2 years in the making, but after much negotiation and patience, The United States Playing Card Company has finally awarded me one of the only official apparel licenses in the world. With this opportunity I will get to create officially licensed apparel using the treasure trove of artwork and designs that USPCC has gathered over a hundred years of designing some of the most beautiful playing cards in the world.

I happy to use the Black Diamond Tally Ho project to release the inaugural T-shirt design of what I am calling the Kings Wild Legacy Series. You will be able to pledge for or add on a Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho shirt for a Kickstarter exclusive price during the campaign. The grey color shirt will be exclusive to this Kickstarter, so you will have something special.

The shirts will be printed on high quality stock with the official Kings Wild hem tag on the bottom of the shirts.

Shirts will come in the following sizes S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL

If you would like to add on a T-Shirt simply add $25 to your current pledge.

3XL are available for $30

I have also included a taste of the other shirts to come in the new Kings Wild Legacy Series. The shirts are not available during this project but will be at a later date.

And the other teaser pic (for what's to come in the future)
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Haha, well there was a front to the t-shirt too, Fes. Let's show them that one too.

Hahaha, I never even thought about it. The back was more than enough to get my pledge bumped.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 12:21:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Considering that Jacks and Jokers is already making similar apparel, I'm surprised Jackson managed to finagle this deal - but it's a good deal, to be sure.  I noticed that Jackson's "Tally Ho" is the one from the Ace of Spades, while the one used by Jacks and Jokers is the one from the tuck box.  I'm thinking the individual licenses extend to specific designs as opposed to a blanket license covering any or several of their brands.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 12:51:26 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Considering that Jacks and Jokers is already making similar apparel, I'm surprised Jackson managed to finagle this deal - but it's a good deal, to be sure.  I noticed that Jackson's "Tally Ho" is the one from the Ace of Spades, while the one used by Jacks and Jokers is the one from the tuck box.  I'm thinking the individual licenses extend to specific designs as opposed to a blanket license covering any or several of their brands.

I have a license to use any and every United States Playing Card Company mark that I would like. Jacks and Jokers held an exclusive for over 2 or 3 years but the power of the Kings Wild ;) was able to get them not to renew that when their contract was up. Now only Jacks and Jokers AND Kings Wild can do it. (And my shirts are much cheaper.)

I can use Bicycle, KEM, Hoyal, Tally-Ho, Bee, Aviator ect. I hope to give Jacks and Jokers a little run for their money. I also plan to take the vintage art and use it as inspiration to create my own new branded art.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2015, 01:05:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I have a license to use any and every United States Playing Card Company mark that I would like. Jacks and Jokers held an exclusive for over 2 or 3 years but the power of the Kings Wild ;) was able to get them not to renew that when their contract was up. Now only Jacks and Jokers AND Kings Wild can do it. (And my shirts are much cheaper.)

I can use Bicycle, KEM, Hoyal, Tally-Ho, Bee, Aviator ect. I hope to give Jacks and Jokers a little run for their money. I also plan to take the vintage art and use it as inspiration to create my own new branded art.

Seriously, it's great news.  It wouldn't take much to be competitive with J&J - they were always overpriced for what they offered.  I'm pleased to hear this and can see KW Apparel pushing them out of business!

Remember one of the things J&J used to get known in the first place - placement in movies/television.  If you need help there, I might know people who I can refer you to.  Say the word and I'll start making inquiries.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/